1. Who did Henry VIII need to have approval from to have his marriage dissolved, according to Chapter 1?
(b) Pope Clement VII.
(c) His personal chaplain.
(d) The Queen Mother.
2. Who was Emperor Charles V?
(a) Catherine of Aragon's nephew.
(b) Henry VIII's brother.
(c) Catherine of Aragon's brother.
(d) Elizabeth's cousin once removed.
3. Who did Henry VIII marry in January 1533?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Catherine Parr.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
4. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals prohibit?
(a) The king from divorcing.
(b) Men from executing their wives.
(c) Appeals to Rome for divorces.
(d) Women from appealing divorce.
5. Who was Rome's envoy to England?
6. What was the name of the daughter of Catherine of Aragon?
7. Who declared Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine invalid?
(a) The Bishop of Westminster.
(b) The Archbishop of London.
(c) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(d) The Pope.
8. Where was Henry's daughter Elizabeth sent to live?
This section contains 3,449 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)