Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Examine the relationships of Henry VIII and discuss how it impacted future generations regarding questions of illegitimacy and succession.
2. Examine Henry VIII's relationship with the Roman Church and discuss the significance of the Act of Restraint of Appeals.
3. Discuss the significance of Edward, Earl of Hertford and examine how his rule changed England, as well as Elizabeth.
4. Compare the reign of Elizabeth I with that of Mary, Queen of Scots.
5. Examine the significance of religion and how the monarch was made Supreme Governor of the Church in England.
This section contains 458 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)