|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Maria and her first special client go to?
2. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
3. What does Maria fear that she has to push from entering her head after meeting her special client for the first time?
4. What does Milan notice about Maria?
5. What does Maria's coworker and customer show her in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
2. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
3. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
4. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
5. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
6. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
7. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
8. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
9. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
10. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maria's mentality of what a woman's role is with that of the mentality of most women living in the twenty-first century.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maria's life to that of the life of a roller coaster. Why is this a good metaphor for Coelho to have used in support of his comparisons?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)