|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Maria return to the library in Chapter 27?
2. Who does Maria say goodbye to one last time before meeting Ralf on her last night?
3. Where does her surprise guest rub the handle of his whip?
4. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
5. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
2. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
3. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
4. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
5. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
6. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
7. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
8. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
9. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
10. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the title's significance and how Maria determines her calculations.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)