|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
2. How does Maria feel after experiencing the pain from her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
3. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
4. What does Maria understand by witnessing her two co-workers situation?
5. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
2. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
3. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
4. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
5. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
6. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
7. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
8. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
9. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
10. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maria's mentality of what a woman's role is with that of the mentality of most women living in the twenty-first century.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)