|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria feel about returning home after she meets Ralf in Chapter 19?
2. What does Maria continually do for her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
3. What makes Maria's coworkers treat each other the way they do in Chapter 21?
4. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
5. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
2. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
3. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
4. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
5. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
6. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
7. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
8. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
9. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
10. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the title's significance and how Maria determines her calculations.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)