|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria choose not to tell Ralf?
2. How long does Maria feel like she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
3. What does Maria think about after she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
4. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
5. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
2. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
3. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
4. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
5. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
6. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
7. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
8. Describe how Terence humiliates Maria in their second time together.
9. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
10. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Latin culture's mentality of living differs from Maria's mentality of living. What does the culture place great importance on that Maria disregards?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maria's pleasure in pain experiences with Terence and Ralf. Why do they differ so greatly?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the initial intimate experiences Maria has with Ralf with those that Maria has with Terence.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)