|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria buy before seeing Ralf again?
2. What does Maria entice Ralf with on his night as a customer?
3. Who does Maria write a letter to?
4. What does Ralf confess to Maria?
5. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
2. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
3. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
4. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
5. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
6. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
7. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
8. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
9. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
10. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the absence of Maria's father could have influenced her ease in assimilating to a life of prostitution?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Maria's cinematic moment and how that supports her entire motivation and desire throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)