|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria feel about her purchase before she is supposed to see Ralf again?
2. What does Milan notice about Maria?
3. What does Maria feel as she wanders the streets of Geneva after returning the library book in Chapter 27?
4. Who is Maria's first special client?
5. What does Maria fear that she has to push from entering her head after meeting her special client for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
2. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
3. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
4. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
5. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
6. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
7. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
8. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
9. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
10. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Virgin Mary's importance in relation to Maria and her internal struggles. Who does the Virgin Mary represent for Maria?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the title's significance and how Maria determines her calculations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the absence of Maria's father could have influenced her ease in assimilating to a life of prostitution?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)