|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
2. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
3. What does Maria tell Milan after seeing the item of her coworker's and her customer?
4. How does Maria feel about her purchase before she is supposed to see Ralf again?
5. Where do Maria and her first special client go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
2. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
3. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
4. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
5. Describe how Terence humiliates Maria in their second time together.
6. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
7. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
8. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
9. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
10. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the initial intimate experiences Maria has with Ralf with those that Maria has with Terence.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the Latin culture's mentality of living differs from Maria's mentality of living. What does the culture place great importance on that Maria disregards?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Coelho uses dramatic irony when the librarian lectures Maria about her new knowledge on sex.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)