|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
2. What does Milan notice about Maria?
3. Where do Maria and Ralf meet after her second experience with her surprise guest ?
4. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
5. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
2. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
3. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
4. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
5. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
6. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
7. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
8. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
9. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
10. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ralf's intentions with Maria with that of Terence's intentions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Maria's cinematic moment and how that supports her entire motivation and desire throughout the novel.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)