|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
2. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
3. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
4. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
5. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
2. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
3. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
4. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
5. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
6. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
7. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
8. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
9. Describe how Terence humiliates Maria in their second time together.
10. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the initial intimate experiences Maria has with Ralf with those that Maria has with Terence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Coelho uses dramatic irony when the librarian lectures Maria about her new knowledge on sex.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)