|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the librarian frustrated with in Chapter 27?
2. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
3. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
4. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
5. What does Maria purchase after she agrees to Ralf's invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
2. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
3. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
4. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
5. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
6. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
7. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
8. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
9. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
10. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the absence of Maria's father could have influenced her ease in assimilating to a life of prostitution?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Maria becomes closed off to any deep feelings. Why does this happen and how does she overcome her desperation to feel again?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)