|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
2. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
3. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
4. What is Maria's struggle in prostitution?
5. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
2. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
3. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
4. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
5. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
6. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
7. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
8. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
9. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
10. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ralf's intentions with Maria with that of Terence's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maria's mentality of what a woman's role is with that of the mentality of most women living in the twenty-first century.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of Maria's diary entry about the caged bird in relationship to Maria's own state of being.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)