|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria's mother do for a living?
2. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
3. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
4. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
5. What does Maria's first love ask her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
2. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
3. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
4. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
5. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
6. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
7. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
8. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
9. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
10. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Maria's cinematic moment and how that supports her entire motivation and desire throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Coelho wrote the novel in the third person omniscient point of view. Compare and contrast what the third person omniscient point of view offers the reader that first person cannot.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)