|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria separate in her work?
2. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
3. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
4. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
5. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
2. Describe Ralf Hart.
3. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
4. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
5. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
6. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
7. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
8. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
9. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the different moments where Maria ignores all forms of caution and then when she adheres to caution. Explain what makes her react cautiously to some situations and not to others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of Maria's diary entry about the caged bird in relationship to Maria's own state of being.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the history of prostitution is prevalent throughout the novel.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)