|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many categories does Maria associate to her customers?
2. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
3. What does Maria contemplate doing after her night with the Arab?
4. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
5. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
2. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
3. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
4. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
5. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
6. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
7. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
8. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
9. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
10. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Geneva with Brazil. How do they 2 locations greatly affect Maria?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the different moments where Maria ignores all forms of caution and then when she adheres to caution. Explain what makes her react cautiously to some situations and not to others.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)