|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria go to find great adventure?
2. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
3. How much money does Maria receive from her employment contract?
4. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
5. Who requests to paint Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
2. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
3. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
4. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
5. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
6. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
7. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
8. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
9. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Maria becomes closed off to any deep feelings. Why does this happen and how does she overcome her desperation to feel again?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maria's pleasure in pain experiences with Terence and Ralf. Why do they differ so greatly?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)