|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
2. What does Maria study from the library books?
3. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
4. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
5. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
2. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
3. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
4. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
5. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
6. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
7. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
8. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
9. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
10. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ralf's intentions with Maria with that of Terence's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the different moments where Maria ignores all forms of caution and then when she adheres to caution. Explain what makes her react cautiously to some situations and not to others.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)