|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requests to paint Maria?
2. What does Maria contemplate doing after her night with the Arab?
3. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
4. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
5. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Terence humiliates Maria in their second time together.
2. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
3. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
4. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
5. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
6. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
7. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
8. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
9. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
10. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Maria becomes closed off to any deep feelings. Why does this happen and how does she overcome her desperation to feel again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ralf's intentions with Maria with that of Terence's intentions.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)