|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
2. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
3. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
4. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
5. How many categories does Maria associate to her customers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
2. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
3. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
4. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
5. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
6. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
7. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
8. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
9. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
10. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Maria's cinematic moment and how that supports her entire motivation and desire throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Maria continuously ignores her instincts throughout the novel. How does this have great importance on Maria's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Ralf represents to Maria and what Maria represents to Ralf.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)