|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maria fired?
2. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
3. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
4. What does Maria see when she explores Geneva?
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
2. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
3. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
4. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
5. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
6. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
7. What does the final moment of the novel mean for Maria?
8. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
9. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ralf's intentions with Maria with that of Terence's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the initial intimate experiences Maria has with Ralf with those that Maria has with Terence.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Maria's mentality of what a woman's role is with that of the mentality of most women living in the twenty-first century.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)