Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maria fired?
2. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
3. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
4. What does Maria see when she explores Geneva?
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
2. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
3. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
4. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
5. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
6. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
7. What does the final moment of the novel mean for Maria?
8. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
9. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
Describe Maria's cinematic moment and how that supports her entire motivation and desire throughout the novel.
Explain how Maria becomes closed off to any deep feelings. Why does this happen and how does she overcome her desperation to feel again?
What does the library represent to Maria? Explain how the library symbolizes her own dreams and desires?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)