|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(a) Nervous still.
(b) Unsure still.
(d) Happy still.
2. How does Maria feel after experiencing the pain from her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) Disbelief in the pleasure.
3. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
(a) Sings in French.
(b) Walks by the park.
(c) Goes on a walk and wanders by Ralf's place.
(d) Packs her suitcases and thinks back over her experiences and life so far.
4. What will Maria's first special client do for Maria?
(a) Initiate her into his lifestyle.
(b) Take her to dinner afterward.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Cook for her.
5. Where are the two co-workers who get in a fight from?
(a) Brazil and Yugoslavia.
(b) Brazil and the US.
(c) England and Portugal.
(d) Italy and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
2. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
3. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
4. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
5. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
2. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
3. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
4. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
5. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
6. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
7. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
8. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
9. Describe how Terence humiliates Maria in their second time together.
10. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)