|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
(a) A good worker.
(c) Too naive.
(d) A quick learner.
2. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
(a) His book.
(b) His fists.
(c) A whip.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Maria buy before seeing Ralf again?
(a) Books on tape.
(b) Books on sex.
(c) A lingerie outfit.
(d) A new dress.
4. What is the excuse Maria's surprise guest gets to have for going to Geneva so frequently?
(a) He likes to fly.
(b) He needs alone time.
(c) He likes hotels.
(d) It's a reward for his hard work.
5. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Calls a friend and cries.
(b) Takes a bubble bath.
(c) Watches tv.
(d) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
2. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
3. What does Maria choose not to tell Ralf?
4. Who does Maria write a letter to?
5. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
2. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
3. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
4. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
5. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
6. How does Ralf react to Maria discussing her experience with Terence of pleasure in pain?
7. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
8. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
9. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
10. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)