|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Milan after seeing the item of her coworker's and her customer?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she is quitting and going home.
(c) That she wants to use that item.
(d) That she loves Ralf.
2. What does Ralf show Maria to distract her from talking about pleasure in pain?
(a) Drawings related to prostitution.
(b) A drawing he did of her.
(c) His self portrait.
(d) A tree.
3. How does Maria feel after experiencing the pain from her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(c) Disbelief in the pleasure.
4. Who did her surprise guest restore his relationship with through sadomasochistic rituals?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
(c) His self.
5. Who surprises Maria when he enters the bar at work one ordinary night?
(c) The Arab.
(d) Her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ralf invite Maria to accompany him after they tied something around their faces?
2. What does Ralf do to make Maria experience more pain in Chapter 24?
3. How long does Maria feel like she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
4. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
5. What does Ralf confess to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
2. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
3. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
4. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
5. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
6. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
7. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
8. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
9. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
10. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)