|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria feel about meeting Ralf again?
(b) Cautiously optimistic.
2. Where is Ralf supposed to meet Maria again after the night he is her customer?
(a) La Cabana.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The bar.
3. What will Maria's first special client do for Maria?
(a) Cook for her.
(b) Initiate her into his lifestyle.
(c) Take her to dinner afterward.
(d) Take her home.
4. Who surprises Maria when he enters the bar at work one ordinary night?
(a) Her mom.
(c) The Arab.
5. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
(a) She is comfortable.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She disagrees with him.
(d) She is uncomfortable and agrees only in her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
2. Who is Maria's first special client?
3. What does Maria continually do for her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
4. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
5. What does Maria buy before seeing Ralf again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
2. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
3. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
4. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
5. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
6. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
7. How does Milan react to the coworker's situation that Maria witnesses?
8. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
9. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
10. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)