|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria think about after she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
(a) How she will leave him.
(b) What the neighbor's must think.
(c) If she should stay.
(d) Why she is leaving him.
2. What does Maria fear that she has to push from entering her head after meeting her special client for the first time?
(a) The chance that her parents died.
(b) The chance that she may never go to Brazil again.
(c) The chance that she is infected.
(d) The chance that Ralf may never come back.
3. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
(a) Positive ones.
(b) Negative ones.
(c) Angered ones.
(d) Happy ones.
4. Where are the two co-workers who get in a fight from?
(a) Brazil and the US.
(b) Italy and France.
(c) Brazil and Yugoslavia.
(d) England and Portugal.
5. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
(a) To converse.
(b) To reassess herself.
(c) To balance herself.
(d) To center herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the item that Maria's coworker and customer show Maria?
2. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
3. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
4. How does Maria feel about returning home after she meets Ralf in Chapter 19?
5. What does her surprise guest believe he and Maria have now reached in their second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
2. How does Maria react to Ralf coming to visit her at work?
3. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
4. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
5. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
6. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
7. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
8. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
9. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
10. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)