|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her surprise guest believe he and Maria have now reached in their second meeting?
(a) A connection of bodies.
(b) A connection of minds.
(c) A connection of souls.
(d) A connection of energy.
2. What is the excuse Maria's surprise guest gets to have for going to Geneva so frequently?
(a) It's a reward for his hard work.
(b) He likes to fly.
(c) He needs alone time.
(d) He likes hotels.
3. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
4. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
5. What book does Maria return to the library in Chapter 27?
(a) History of Sex.
(b) Farm management.
(c) Food management.
(d) Store management.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
2. What does Maria say in her letter?
3. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
4. What does Ralf confess to Maria?
5. How does Maria feel about her purchase before she is supposed to see Ralf again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Maria and Ralf the night before Maria is to fly home?
2. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
3. How does Maria feel about her home and Geneva after her first experience with Ralf?
4. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
5. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
6. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
7. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
8. Explain how Maria reacts to her second experience with Terence?
9. How do Maria and Ralf connect in their first time when he is her customer?
10. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)