|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
(a) She disagrees with him.
(b) She is uncomfortable and agrees only in her head.
(c) She is comfortable.
(d) She yells at him.
2. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
(a) Walks by the park.
(b) Goes on a walk and wanders by Ralf's place.
(c) Sings in French.
(d) Packs her suitcases and thinks back over her experiences and life so far.
3. What is the librarian frustrated with in Chapter 27?
(a) Her boring sex life that she didn't know could be so exciting.
(b) The book shelves.
(d) Her job.
4. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) There is music.
(b) There are chocolate covered strawberries.
(c) He has a bubble bath drawn.
(d) There are lit candles and champagne.
5. How does Maria feel about returning home after she meets Ralf in Chapter 19?
(a) She doesn't want to go back.
(b) She's ready to return home.
(c) She feels as though she still has adventures to discover.
(d) She wants him to meet her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria's first special client like?
2. Where do Maria and Ralf meet after her second experience with her surprise guest ?
3. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
4. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
5. What does Ralf show Maria to distract her from talking about pleasure in pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
2. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
3. Describe how Maria's second experience with Terence is different from the first.
4. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
5. How does Maria feel about going home after she tells Milan she is quitting?
6. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
7. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
8. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
9. Describe Maria and Ralf's first experience when he is her customer.
10. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)