|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does her surprise guest rub the handle of his whip?
(a) His own body.
(b) Maria's private area.
(c) Maria's face.
(d) Maria's chest.
2. What does Maria say in her letter?
(a) She hates Geneva.
(b) She will stay in Geneva.
(c) She loves Geneva.
(d) She will return home and buy a farm house for the entire family.
3. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
4. Who is aware of the trips Maria's surprise guest takes to Geneva?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His boss.
(d) His dad.
5. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Takes a bubble bath.
(b) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
(c) Calls a friend and cries.
(d) Watches tv.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises Maria when he enters the bar at work one ordinary night?
2. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
3. How long does Maria feel like she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
4. What are Maria's memories filled with after her first special client?
5. Who does Ralf NOT mention being a famous prostitute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria and Ralf's third encounter at the hotel.
2. Why does Maria hesitate about going to the exhibition with Ralf?
3. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
4. How do Maria and Ralf entice each other after Maria's first time with Terence?
5. Describe what Ralf show's Maria when they wake the morning after her experience with the stones.
6. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
7. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
8. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
9. How is Maria's life very lucrative by her first experience with Ralf?
10. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)