Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She messed up an oder.
(b) She slept with another man.
(c) She went on an overnight trip.
(d) She yelled at a customer.
2. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To sing.
(b) To wait tables.
(c) To dance in a club.
(d) To bartend.
3. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
(a) The oldest employee.
(b) The lead dancer.
(c) The manager, Milan.
(d) The owner, Milan.
4. What does Maria see when she explores Geneva?
(a) Her reflection.
(b) A roller coaster.
(c) A museum.
(d) A ferris wheel.
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
2. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
3. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
4. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
5. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
2. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
3. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
4. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
5. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
6. Describe what the Violet Rod is.
7. What does the final moment of the novel mean for Maria?
8. Describe how Terence finds pleasure.
9. How does the librarian react to the books she reads?
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)