|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
2. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she needs to marry.
(b) That she is past her prime.
(c) That she will get fat.
(d) That beauty fades.
3. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A local boy.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An old teacher.
(d) A church friend.
4. How much time does Maria calculate she spends with each customer?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) A day.
5. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a traveling salesman.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a farmer.
(d) He's a pharmacist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Maria just before she runs out of money?
2. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
3. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
4. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
5. What does Maria separate in her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
2. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
3. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
4. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
5. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
6. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
7. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
8. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
9. Describe Maria's first kiss.
10. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)