|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
(a) Has drinks.
(b) Goes on trip to Paris.
(c) Accompanies him to his room and becomes intimate.
(d) Has dinner.
2. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
3. Where does Maria go to find great adventure?
(d) Geneva, Switzerland.
4. What happens to Maria's first love?
(a) They get married to each other.
(b) He gets cancer.
(c) He gets another girlfriend.
(d) He moves away.
5. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Maria calculate she spends with each customer?
2. How much money does Maria receive from her employment contract?
3. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
4. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
5. Who is Maria's second love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
2. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
3. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
4. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
5. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
6. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
7. Describe how the novel begins.
8. Describe Ralf Hart.
9. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
10. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)