|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Maria just before she runs out of money?
(a) Her old boss.
(b) Her mom.
(c) The modeling agency.
(d) Her dad.
2. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Making money.
(b) Never falling in love with a customer.
(c) Staying clean.
(d) Her plane trip home.
3. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To bartend.
(b) To dance in a club.
(c) To wait tables.
(d) To sing.
4. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 11 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
5. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) Italian classes.
(b) Dancing classes.
(c) French cooking classes.
(d) French classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
2. Who counsels Maria to read?
3. Who is Maria's first love?
4. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
5. Where does Maria go to find great adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
2. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
3. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
4. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
5. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
6. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
7. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
8. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
9. Describe Maria's first kiss.
10. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)