|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
(a) Has dinner.
(b) Has drinks.
(c) Goes on trip to Paris.
(d) Accompanies him to his room and becomes intimate.
2. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
3. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To bartend.
(b) To sing.
(c) To dance in a club.
(d) To wait tables.
4. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
5. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) Her mom.
(b) The televsion.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) The movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
2. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
3. Who is Maria's second love?
4. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
5. Where is the man that approaches Maria on the beach from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
2. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
3. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
4. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
5. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
6. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
7. Describe Ralf Hart.
8. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
9. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
10. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)