|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
2. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
3. What does Maria study from the library books?
(a) Store management.
(b) Bar management.
(c) House management.
(d) Farm management.
4. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
(a) That same night.
(b) Two nights.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who counsels Maria to read?
2. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
3. Who is Maria's first love?
4. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
5. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
2. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
3. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
4. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
5. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
6. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
7. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
8. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
9. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
10. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)