|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria decide to learn in Geneva?
(a) How to do ballet.
(b) The local language.
(c) How to play piano.
(d) How to cook.
2. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
(a) To rehire her.
(b) To tell her her dad is sick.
(c) To bring her home.
(d) To hire her for a fashion show.
3. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
4. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
(a) The restaurant down the street.
(b) Her bed.
(c) The pub down the street.
(d) The library.
5. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
(a) Associate with any patrons.
(c) Leave the club.
(d) Wear a top.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
2. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
3. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
4. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
5. How much time does Maria calculate she spends with each customer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
2. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
3. Describe Maria's first kiss.
4. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
5. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
6. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
7. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
8. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
9. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
10. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)