|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she is past her prime.
(b) That she will get fat.
(c) That she needs to marry.
(d) That beauty fades.
2. In what career does Maria end up working to make money to return home?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A cashier.
3. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
(c) Sex appeal.
4. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) An old Brazilian man.
(b) A clockmaster.
(c) A Swiss prostitute.
(d) A young Brazilian girl.
5. What is Maria's struggle in prostitution?
(a) Getting enough sleep.
(c) Staying inpersonal.
(d) Separating body from soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Maria enters when she searches for her new job?
2. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
3. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
4. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
5. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ralf Hart.
2. Describe Maria's first kiss.
3. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
4. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
5. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
6. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
7. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
8. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
9. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
10. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)