|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a farmer.
(b) She's a seamstress.
(c) She's a waitress.
(d) She's a homemaker.
2. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Fleur.
(b) Rue de Paradiso.
(c) Rue de Berne.
(d) Rue de Braman.
3. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) She has no control.
(c) She is in control.
4. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) Another vacation.
(c) Her tiny apartment.
(d) A bar.
5. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A young Brazilian girl.
(b) An old Brazilian man.
(c) A clockmaster.
(d) A Swiss prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
2. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
3. What do the girls at Maria's new job in Chapter 12 suggest for Maria?
4. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
5. What does Ralf say about sex to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
2. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
3. Describe Ralf Hart.
4. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
5. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
6. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
7. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
8. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
9. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
10. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)