|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
2. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(a) To sing.
(c) To cook.
(d) A massage.
3. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(b) That they told her to leave quickly.
(c) They were so nice.
(d) They were so rude.
4. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) A draper's shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bakery.
5. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Making money.
(b) Her plane trip home.
(c) Staying clean.
(d) Never falling in love with a customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
2. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
3. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
4. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
5. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Terence's personal life in relation to his trips to Geneva.
2. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
3. Describe Maria's feelings about leaving Geneva after she buys her ticket home.
4. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
5. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
6. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
7. Describe Ralf Hart.
8. Describe the scene that Maria witnesses between her 2 coworkers.
9. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
10. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)