|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Fleur.
(b) Rue de Paradiso.
(c) Rue de Berne.
(d) Rue de Braman.
2. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An expensive bistro.
(d) A park.
3. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
(a) An abandoned girl.
(b) A pregnant teenager.
(c) A child.
(d) A prostitute.
4. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
(a) Leave the club.
(b) Associate with any patrons.
(c) Wear a top.
5. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a farmer.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a traveling salesman.
(d) He's a pharmacist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Maria just before she runs out of money?
2. What does Maria study from the library books?
3. In what career does Maria end up working to make money to return home?
4. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
5. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
2. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
3. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
4. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
5. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
6. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
7. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
8. Describe how the novel begins.
9. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
10. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)