|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maria's first love?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A 13 year old boy.
(d) An 11 year old boy.
2. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She slept with another man.
(b) She went on an overnight trip.
(c) She yelled at a customer.
(d) She messed up an oder.
3. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(b) They were so nice.
(c) That they told her to leave quickly.
(d) They were so rude.
4. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 11 minutes.
(c) 8 seconds.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) Her tiny apartment.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
2. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
3. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
4. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
5. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
2. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
3. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
4. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
5. Describe how the novel begins.
6. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
7. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
8. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
9. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
10. Describe what Maria does to help her depression during her period of no work.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)