|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
(a) Calm and contented.
(b) Cool and neutral.
(c) In disarray.
(d) Scared and paniced.
2. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
(a) The boss's son.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Another girl.
(d) A co-worker.
3. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
(a) She has her own needs.
(b) She can become pregnant.
(c) She needs a man to feel pleasure.
(d) She doesn't need a man to feel pleasure.
4. What advice does Maria get about her second love?
(a) To wear purfume.
(b) To close your eyes when you kiss.
(c) To hum as you get ready for your first date.
(d) To open mouth kiss.
5. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) The televsion.
(d) The movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
2. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
3. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
4. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
5. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
2. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
3. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
4. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
5. Describe how the novel begins.
6. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
7. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
8. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
9. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
10. Describe Ralf Hart.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)