|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 8 seconds.
(d) 11 minutes.
2. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
3. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
(a) That same night.
(b) The next day.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Making money.
(b) Never falling in love with a customer.
(c) Staying clean.
(d) Her plane trip home.
5. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His son.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His friend.
(d) An interpreter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
2. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
3. What does Maria's first love ask her?
4. Why is Maria not ready to return home after staying in Geneva?
5. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
2. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
3. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
4. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
5. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
6. Describe Ralf Hart.
7. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
8. Describe what the girls at Copacabana advise Maria on and her reaction to it?
9. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
10. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)