|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
2. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
(a) A Bahama Mama.
(b) A coconut drink.
(c) A pineapple drink.
(d) A beer.
3. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
(a) The restaurant down the street.
(b) The library.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The pub down the street.
4. Why does Maria take a stroll?
(a) To get exercise.
(b) To be seen.
(c) To see the streets.
(d) To study her books.
5. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) That she should return to the drape shop.
(b) To not accpet it.
(c) To take it.
(d) That it's a sign from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
2. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
3. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
4. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
2. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
3. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
4. Describe what Maria does to become better educated about her new profession?
5. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
6. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
7. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
8. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
9. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
10. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)