|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A park.
(c) An expensive bistro.
(d) A hotel.
2. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(b) Rio de Janeiro.
3. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
(a) To hire her for a fashion show.
(b) To tell her her dad is sick.
(c) To bring her home.
(d) To rehire her.
4. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
5. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) They were so rude.
(b) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(c) That they told her to leave quickly.
(d) They were so nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
2. Who counsels Maria to read?
3. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
4. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
5. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ralf Hart.
2. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
3. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
4. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
5. Describe how the novel begins.
6. Describe the relationship of Maria and her first boss.
7. What is significant about what Maria remembers the girls at Roger's club telling her?
8. What happens to Maria just before her money runs out?
9. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
10. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)