|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
(a) The restaurant down the street.
(b) The library.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The pub down the street.
2. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(a) A massage.
(b) To cook.
(c) To sing.
3. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She yelled at a customer.
(b) She went on an overnight trip.
(c) She messed up an oder.
(d) She slept with another man.
4. What happens to Maria's first love?
(a) He gets cancer.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He gets another girlfriend.
(d) They get married to each other.
5. What does Maria contemplate doing after her night with the Arab?
(b) Going back to work or finding another job.
(c) Buying a plane ticket home or staying in Geneva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
2. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
3. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
4. Who is Maria's second love?
5. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Maria has to consciously push out of her head?
2. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
3. What happens during Maria's layover in Paris?
4. How does Milan react to Maria spending an evening with Ralf?
5. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
6. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
7. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
8. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
9. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
10. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)