|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
(a) They want her to try on clothes.
(b) They know nothing of his true intentions.
(c) They know about the night she stayed with him.
(d) They know all about his true intentions.
2. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a farmer.
(c) He's a traveling salesman.
(d) He's a pharmacist.
3. What does Ralf say about sex to Maria?
(a) He finds it boring.
(b) He only wants to experience it with her.
(c) He has never had it.
(d) He likes it everyday.
4. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she is past her prime.
(b) That she needs to marry.
(c) That beauty fades.
(d) That she will get fat.
5. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) That she should return to the drape shop.
(b) That it's a sign from God.
(c) To take it.
(d) To not accpet it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
2. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
3. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
4. How long does it take Maria to get to her vacation destination?
5. Why is Maria fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ralf Hart.
2. Describe the proposition Maria receives from the Arab after accepting her modeling job.
3. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
4. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
5. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
6. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
7. What does Ralf force Maria to do in relation to pleasure in pain?
8. Describe Maria's first night at Copacabana.
9. What does Ralf begin to represent for Maria after their first connection?
10. What does Maria struggle with after she adapts to prostitution?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)