|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
2. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
3. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
(a) 400 francs.
(b) 1,000 francs.
(c) 500 francs.
(d) 2,000 francs.
4. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
(a) A pregnant teenager.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A child.
(d) An abandoned girl.
5. How much money does Maria receive from her employment contract?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
2. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
3. Who is Maria's second love?
4. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
5. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Maria and the man she meets on the beach overcome their language barrier.
2. Describe the three roles Maria takes when she works.
3. Describe Maria's calculations of the time she spends with a customer.
4. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
5. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
6. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
7. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
8. What does Maria determine about men after the modeling agency calls again about the fashion show?
9. Explain how Maria feels about taking the job in Switzerland.
10. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)