|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria talk to about her second love?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her girlfriends.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her dad.
2. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
3. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
(a) A coconut drink.
(b) A beer.
(c) A pineapple drink.
(d) A Bahama Mama.
4. What does Maria contemplate doing after her night with the Arab?
(c) Buying a plane ticket home or staying in Geneva.
(d) Going back to work or finding another job.
5. Who is Maria's first love?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An 11 year old boy.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A 13 year old boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
2. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
3. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
4. What does Maria decide to learn in Geneva?
5. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
2. What does Maria dream about whenever she returns home?
3. Describe the categories Maria gives to her different types of customers.
4. Describe Maria's relationship with the Arab man.
5. How does Maria react to her turn of fate after her night with the Arab man?
6. Describe where Maria goes after leaving her first job?
7. Explain why Maria's mother is shocked at Maria's change in priorities.
8. Describe how Maria feels the night after her experience with the Arab man.
9. What is Maria's financial situation like when she arrives in Geneva?
10. Explain how the roller coaster Maria sees is like her life.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)