|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralf show Maria to distract her from talking about pleasure in pain?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) Drawings related to prostitution.
(c) A drawing he did of her.
(d) A tree.
2. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
3. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Watches tv.
(b) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
(c) Takes a bubble bath.
(d) Calls a friend and cries.
4. What does Milan notice about Maria?
(a) She is fast.
(b) She is slow.
(c) She is cordial to others, yet minds her business.
(d) She is really pretty.
5. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(b) Unsure still.
(c) Happy still.
(d) Nervous still.
6. What does Maria entice Ralf with on his night as a customer?
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Meeting of body.
(c) A bath.
(d) Meeting of souls.
7. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
8. Where do Maria and her first special client go to?
(a) A dirty hotel.
(b) An old hotel.
(c) An expensive hotel.
(d) His house.
9. Who does Ralf NOT mention being a famous prostitute?
(b) Mata Hari.
(c) Charlize Watson.
(d) Madame du Barry.
10. Who is Maria's first special client?
11. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
(c) The Arab.
12. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
(a) Goodbye and he'll miss her.
(b) Come back anytime.
(c) Demands her to leave.
(d) Wishes her well.
13. What makes Maria's coworkers treat each other the way they do in Chapter 21?
(a) One stole the other's car.
(b) One stole the other's money.
(c) One stole the other's customer.
(d) One stole the other's jewelry.
14. What is the excuse Maria's surprise guest gets to have for going to Geneva so frequently?
(a) He likes hotels.
(b) He likes to fly.
(c) It's a reward for his hard work.
(d) He needs alone time.
15. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria resolve to do in preparation for the next meeting with Ralf?
2. What book does Maria return to the library in Chapter 27?
3. Who surprises Maria when he enters the bar at work one ordinary night?
4. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
5. What does Maria understand by witnessing her two co-workers situation?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)