|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
(a) She disagrees with him.
(b) She is uncomfortable and agrees only in her head.
(c) She is comfortable.
(d) She yells at him.
2. How does Maria feel with her special client?
3. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(a) Unsure still.
(c) Nervous still.
(d) Happy still.
4. What does Maria understand by witnessing her two co-workers situation?
(a) The co-worker's have a love/hate relationship.
(b) The code of not stealing another worker's money.
(c) The code of not stealing another worker's customer.
(d) The code of not stealing another worker's job.
5. What does Ralf advise Maria on in Chapter 25?
(a) To return home.
(b) To not become addicted to pleasure in pain.
(c) To not become addicted to drugs.
(d) To stop dancing.
6. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
7. How does Maria feel about the place she and Ralf go?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She thinks its ugly.
(c) She thinks its too overdone.
(d) She thinks its too noisy.
8. Where do Maria and her surprise guest in Chapter 23 go their second time together?
(a) The same expensive hotel suite.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) A new hotel.
(d) His house.
9. What does Ralf confess to Maria?
(a) He wants to kiss her.
(b) He thinks about her body.
(c) He wants to take her to dinner.
(d) He thinks of nothing but her.
10. How does Maria react to Ralf's distracting attempts?
(a) Leaves in hurry.
(b) Forgets about what she wanted to discuss.
(c) Shows no interest in it.
(d) Gets angry.
11. Who is aware of the trips Maria's surprise guest takes to Geneva?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His boss.
(d) His dad.
12. What does Maria fear that she has to push from entering her head after meeting her special client for the first time?
(a) The chance that Ralf may never come back.
(b) The chance that she may never go to Brazil again.
(c) The chance that her parents died.
(d) The chance that she is infected.
13. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) There are chocolate covered strawberries.
(b) He has a bubble bath drawn.
(c) There are lit candles and champagne.
(d) There is music.
14. Who did her surprise guest restore his relationship with through sadomasochistic rituals?
(b) No one.
(c) His self.
(d) His wife.
15. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Takes a bubble bath.
(b) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
(c) Watches tv.
(d) Calls a friend and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
2. What does Maria feel as she wanders the streets of Geneva after returning the library book in Chapter 27?
3. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
4. Where do Ralf and Maria go the night he is her customer?
5. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)