|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maria and Ralf meet after her second experience with her surprise guest ?
(a) Her office.
(b) A train station.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Where does her surprise guest rub the handle of his whip?
(a) Maria's private area.
(b) Maria's chest.
(c) His own body.
(d) Maria's face.
3. How does Maria feel about the place she and Ralf go?
(a) She thinks its too noisy.
(b) She thinks its ugly.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She thinks its too overdone.
4. How does Maria feel after experiencing the pain from her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(c) Disbelief in the pleasure.
5. Where do Maria and her first special client go to?
(a) His house.
(b) An old hotel.
(c) An expensive hotel.
(d) A dirty hotel.
6. How does Maria react to Ralf's distracting attempts?
(a) Shows no interest in it.
(b) Leaves in hurry.
(c) Forgets about what she wanted to discuss.
(d) Gets angry.
7. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
(a) Negative ones.
(b) Happy ones.
(c) Positive ones.
(d) Angered ones.
8. What does Ralf show Maria to distract her from talking about pleasure in pain?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) A drawing he did of her.
(c) Drawings related to prostitution.
(d) A tree.
9. What role does her surprise guest assume over Maria in Chapter 23?
(a) A good friend.
(b) Her controlling boyfriend.
(c) The master over slave.
(d) The father over daughter.
10. Where do Ralf and Maria go the night he is her customer?
(a) The park.
(b) The clubs.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Ralf's house.
11. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
(a) Them kissing.
(b) A knife fight.
(c) Them arguing.
(d) A cat fight.
12. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
(a) Impregnate her.
(b) Hurt her emotionally.
(c) Humiliate her.
(d) Kill her.
13. What does Maria resolve to do in preparation for the next meeting with Ralf?
(a) Shaves and sprays perfume.
(b) Colors her hair.
(c) Plucks her eyebrows.
(d) Go with her instincts.
14. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
(a) Goodbye and he'll miss her.
(b) Demands her to leave.
(c) Wishes her well.
(d) Come back anytime.
15. What does Maria tell Milan after seeing the item of her coworker's and her customer?
(a) That she wants to use that item.
(b) That she is quitting and going home.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she loves Ralf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the excuse Maria's surprise guest gets to have for going to Geneva so frequently?
2. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
3. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
4. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
5. What makes Maria's coworkers treat each other the way they do in Chapter 21?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)