|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
2. Who does Maria write a letter to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The Arab.
(c) Her father.
3. What does Maria buy before seeing Ralf again?
(a) Books on sex.
(b) Books on tape.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A lingerie outfit.
4. How does Maria feel about returning home after she meets Ralf in Chapter 19?
(a) She wants him to meet her family.
(b) She feels as though she still has adventures to discover.
(c) She's ready to return home.
(d) She doesn't want to go back.
5. Where are the two co-workers who get in a fight from?
(a) England and Portugal.
(b) Brazil and the US.
(c) Italy and France.
(d) Brazil and Yugoslavia.
6. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) There are lit candles and champagne.
(b) There are chocolate covered strawberries.
(c) There is music.
(d) He has a bubble bath drawn.
7. What does Milan notice about Maria?
(a) She is slow.
(b) She is cordial to others, yet minds her business.
(c) She is fast.
(d) She is really pretty.
8. What role does her surprise guest assume over Maria in Chapter 23?
(a) The father over daughter.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her controlling boyfriend.
(d) The master over slave.
9. Who does Maria say goodbye to one last time before meeting Ralf on her last night?
(a) No one.
(b) The librarian.
10. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
(a) The Arab.
11. What will Maria's first special client do for Maria?
(a) Initiate her into his lifestyle.
(b) Take her to dinner afterward.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Cook for her.
12. What does Ralf advise Maria on in Chapter 25?
(a) To not become addicted to drugs.
(b) To not become addicted to pleasure in pain.
(c) To return home.
(d) To stop dancing.
13. What does Maria feel as she wanders the streets of Geneva after returning the library book in Chapter 27?
(a) Sad and conflicted.
(c) Excited and eager to leave.
(d) Mad and angered.
14. How long does Maria tell Ralf to wait before seeing her again?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 nights.
(d) 2 days.
15. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
(a) Sings in French.
(b) Walks by the park.
(c) Goes on a walk and wanders by Ralf's place.
(d) Packs her suitcases and thinks back over her experiences and life so far.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria feel about meeting Ralf again?
2. What is the excuse Maria's surprise guest gets to have for going to Geneva so frequently?
3. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
4. What does Maria tell Milan after seeing the item of her coworker's and her customer?
5. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)