|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
(b) The Arab.
2. What does Maria resolve to do in preparation for the next meeting with Ralf?
(a) Go with her instincts.
(b) Colors her hair.
(c) Shaves and sprays perfume.
(d) Plucks her eyebrows.
3. What does Milan notice about Maria?
(a) She is fast.
(b) She is really pretty.
(c) She is slow.
(d) She is cordial to others, yet minds her business.
4. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
(a) He kicks them out.
(b) He beats them.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He bars them from working there again.
5. What does Ralf show Maria to distract her from talking about pleasure in pain?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) A drawing he did of her.
(c) A tree.
(d) Drawings related to prostitution.
6. Who does Maria say goodbye to one last time before meeting Ralf on her last night?
(a) The librarian.
(b) No one.
7. What will Maria's first special client do for Maria?
(a) Initiate her into his lifestyle.
(b) Take her to dinner afterward.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Cook for her.
8. What is different about the setting in Maria's second encounter with her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) He has a bubble bath drawn.
(b) There are chocolate covered strawberries.
(c) There are lit candles and champagne.
(d) There is music.
9. Who does Maria write a letter to?
(a) Her father.
(c) The Arab.
(d) Her mother.
10. How does Maria feel about returning home after she meets Ralf in Chapter 19?
(a) She's ready to return home.
(b) She doesn't want to go back.
(c) She feels as though she still has adventures to discover.
(d) She wants him to meet her family.
11. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
(a) Happy ones.
(b) Negative ones.
(c) Positive ones.
(d) Angered ones.
12. How does Maria react to Ralf's distracting attempts?
(a) Shows no interest in it.
(b) Gets angry.
(c) Forgets about what she wanted to discuss.
(d) Leaves in hurry.
13. How does her surprise guest receive pleasure from Maria's pain?
(a) He likes her facial expressions.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He releases his own stress through it.
(d) He derives pleasure from the joy his slaves receives.
14. What makes Maria's coworkers treat each other the way they do in Chapter 21?
(a) One stole the other's jewelry.
(b) One stole the other's money.
(c) One stole the other's car.
(d) One stole the other's customer.
15. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
(a) If he is wealthy.
(b) If she will see him again.
(c) If he is straight.
(d) If he is falling in love with her or the idea of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria choose not to tell Ralf?
2. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
3. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
4. Where does her surprise guest rub the handle of his whip?
5. Who does Ralf NOT mention being a famous prostitute?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)