|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ralf supposed to meet Maria again after the night he is her customer?
(b) The bar.
(c) La Cabana.
(d) A cafe.
2. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
(d) The Arab.
3. Where does Ralf invite Maria to accompany him after they tied something around their faces?
(a) His studio.
(b) An exhibition.
(c) The movies.
4. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. What are Maria's memories filled with after her first special client?
(a) How to escape Geneva.
(b) How to make more money.
(c) Memories of Ralf and potential conversations.
(d) Her home.
6. What does Maria understand by witnessing her two co-workers situation?
(a) The code of not stealing another worker's money.
(b) The co-worker's have a love/hate relationship.
(c) The code of not stealing another worker's customer.
(d) The code of not stealing another worker's job.
7. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
(a) A prostitue is deemed worthless.
(b) A sexually agressive woman is a prostitute.
(c) They should not be intimate till marriage.
(d) They are better in bed than men.
8. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
9. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
10. Who does Maria say goodbye to one last time before meeting Ralf on her last night?
(b) The librarian.
(c) No one.
11. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
(a) A quick learner.
(c) Too naive.
(d) A good worker.
12. What does Maria's coworker and customer show her in Chapter 28?
(a) A position they like.
(b) A picture.
(d) An antique apparatus.
13. What does Maria say in her letter?
(a) She will stay in Geneva.
(b) She will return home and buy a farm house for the entire family.
(c) She hates Geneva.
(d) She loves Geneva.
14. What does Ralf do to make Maria experience more pain in Chapter 24?
(a) Cut herself.
(b) Walk on stones barefoot.
(c) Keeps her under water for a few minutes.
(d) Hits her.
15. How does Maria feel about meeting Ralf again?
(a) Cautiously optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
2. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
3. How long does Maria feel like she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
4. What does Maria witness between her co-workers after she was with her first special client?
5. Who is aware of the trips Maria's surprise guest takes to Geneva?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)