|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Maria's memories filled with after her first special client?
(a) How to make more money.
(b) Her home.
(c) How to escape Geneva.
(d) Memories of Ralf and potential conversations.
2. What does Maria continually do for her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(a) Walk back and fourth with her head lowered.
(b) Wash his feet.
(c) Cook for him.
(d) Clean him.
3. What does Maria's coworker and customer show her in Chapter 28?
(a) A position they like.
(c) An antique apparatus.
(d) A picture.
4. What does Maria think about after she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
(a) Why she is leaving him.
(b) If she should stay.
(c) What the neighbor's must think.
(d) How she will leave him.
5. Who surprises Maria when he enters the bar at work one ordinary night?
(b) The Arab.
(d) Her mom.
6. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
(a) Hurt her emotionally.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Humiliate her.
(d) Impregnate her.
7. What does Maria resolve to do in preparation for the next meeting with Ralf?
(a) Colors her hair.
(b) Shaves and sprays perfume.
(c) Plucks her eyebrows.
(d) Go with her instincts.
8. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
(a) They should not be intimate till marriage.
(b) They are better in bed than men.
(c) A sexually agressive woman is a prostitute.
(d) A prostitue is deemed worthless.
9. How does Milan react to the two co-worker's problem in Chapter 21?
(a) He beats them.
(b) He bars them from working there again.
(c) He kicks them out.
(d) He threatens them.
10. How does Maria feel about meeting Ralf again?
(b) Cautiously optimistic.
11. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Watches tv.
(b) Calls a friend and cries.
(c) Takes a bubble bath.
(d) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
12. What does Maria purchase after she agrees to Ralf's invitation?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A cocktail dress.
(d) A plane ticket.
13. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
(a) To balance herself.
(b) To center herself.
(c) To converse.
(d) To reassess herself.
14. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
(a) Takes off work for the night.
(b) Declines in deference to other customers.
(c) Is shocked.
(d) Is so happy.
15. What does Maria say in her letter?
(a) She will stay in Geneva.
(b) She loves Geneva.
(c) She will return home and buy a farm house for the entire family.
(d) She hates Geneva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
2. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
3. What does Maria do when she waits for her departure?
4. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
5. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)