|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Maria return to the library in Chapter 27?
(a) Store management.
(b) Food management.
(c) History of Sex.
(d) Farm management.
2. How does Maria feel about the place she and Ralf go?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She thinks its too overdone.
(c) She thinks its too noisy.
(d) She thinks its ugly.
3. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
(a) Is so happy.
(b) Takes off work for the night.
(c) Declines in deference to other customers.
(d) Is shocked.
4. Who does Ralf NOT mention being a famous prostitute?
(a) Madame du Barry.
(c) Mata Hari.
(d) Charlize Watson.
5. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
(a) A good worker.
(b) A quick learner.
(c) Too naive.
6. How much money does Maria take out of her bank account?
(a) 500 francs.
(b) All of it.
7. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
(a) They should not be intimate till marriage.
(b) They are better in bed than men.
(c) A sexually agressive woman is a prostitute.
(d) A prostitue is deemed worthless.
8. What does Maria say in her letter?
(a) She hates Geneva.
(b) She will stay in Geneva.
(c) She will return home and buy a farm house for the entire family.
(d) She loves Geneva.
9. How long does Maria tell Ralf to wait before seeing her again?
(a) 3 nights.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 2 days.
10. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
(a) Humiliate her.
(b) Impregnate her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Hurt her emotionally.
11. What does Maria understand by witnessing her two co-workers situation?
(a) The co-worker's have a love/hate relationship.
(b) The code of not stealing another worker's job.
(c) The code of not stealing another worker's customer.
(d) The code of not stealing another worker's money.
12. How does her surprise guest receive pleasure from Maria's pain?
(a) He derives pleasure from the joy his slaves receives.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He likes her facial expressions.
(d) He releases his own stress through it.
13. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(a) Happy still.
(b) Nervous still.
(c) Unsure still.
14. What does Maria purchase after she agrees to Ralf's invitation?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A cocktail dress.
(d) A plane ticket.
15. What is the librarian frustrated with in Chapter 27?
(a) Her boring sex life that she didn't know could be so exciting.
(b) The book shelves.
(c) Her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the two co-workers who get in a fight from?
2. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
3. How long does Maria feel like she and Ralf are intimate for the last time?
4. What does Maria continually do for her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
5. Who did her surprise guest restore his relationship with through sadomasochistic rituals?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)