|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of thoughts does Maria have after her first meeting with her special client?
(a) Positive ones.
(b) Angered ones.
(c) Happy ones.
(d) Negative ones.
2. Where has Maria's surprise customer in Chapter 23 flown from?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
3. How does Maria feel about meeting Ralf again?
(a) Cautiously optimistic.
4. What does Maria's coworker and customer show her in Chapter 28?
(a) A picture.
(c) A position they like.
(d) An antique apparatus.
5. What does Milan notice about Maria?
(a) She is cordial to others, yet minds her business.
(b) She is fast.
(c) She is slow.
(d) She is really pretty.
6. Who is Maria's first special client?
7. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
(a) She is comfortable.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She is uncomfortable and agrees only in her head.
(d) She disagrees with him.
8. What does Ralf do to make Maria experience more pain in Chapter 24?
(a) Walk on stones barefoot.
(b) Cut herself.
(c) Keeps her under water for a few minutes.
(d) Hits her.
9. What does Maria tell Milan after seeing the item of her coworker's and her customer?
(a) That she loves Ralf.
(b) That she wants to use that item.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she is quitting and going home.
10. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
(a) If she will see him again.
(b) If he is wealthy.
(c) If he is falling in love with her or the idea of a woman.
(d) If he is straight.
11. How long does Maria tell Ralf to wait before seeing her again?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 nights.
12. Where do Maria and her first special client go to?
(a) His house.
(b) A dirty hotel.
(c) An expensive hotel.
(d) An old hotel.
13. Who does Maria say goodbye to one last time before meeting Ralf on her last night?
(b) No one.
(c) The librarian.
14. What are Maria's memories filled with after her first special client?
(a) Her home.
(b) How to escape Geneva.
(c) How to make more money.
(d) Memories of Ralf and potential conversations.
15. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(a) Happy still.
(b) Nervous still.
(c) Unsure still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Maria writing a letter after meeting Ralf?
2. What makes Maria's coworkers treat each other the way they do in Chapter 21?
3. What does Ralf advise Maria on in Chapter 25?
4. Who is waiting for Maria as a customer when she returns to work in Chapter 16?
5. What role does her surprise guest assume over Maria in Chapter 23?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)