|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralf confess to Maria?
(a) He thinks of nothing but her.
(b) He wants to kiss her.
(c) He thinks about her body.
(d) He wants to take her to dinner.
2. How much money does Maria take out of her bank account?
(a) All of it.
(c) 500 francs.
3. Where do Maria and her surprise guest in Chapter 23 go their second time together?
(a) His house.
(b) A new hotel.
(c) The same expensive hotel suite.
(d) Her apartment.
4. Who did her surprise guest restore his relationship with through sadomasochistic rituals?
(a) No one.
(b) His self.
(c) His wife.
5. How does her surprise guest receive pleasure from Maria's pain?
(a) He derives pleasure from the joy his slaves receives.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He likes her facial expressions.
(d) He releases his own stress through it.
6. How does Maria feel when she leaves her special client after their first encounter?
(a) Unsure still.
(b) Nervous still.
(d) Happy still.
7. Who does Ralf NOT mention being a famous prostitute?
(b) Charlize Watson.
(c) Mata Hari.
(d) Madame du Barry.
8. What is the librarian frustrated with in Chapter 27?
(b) Her boring sex life that she didn't know could be so exciting.
(c) The book shelves.
(d) Her job.
9. What book does Maria return to the library in Chapter 27?
(a) Farm management.
(b) Food management.
(c) Store management.
(d) History of Sex.
10. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
11. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
(a) They should not be intimate till marriage.
(b) A sexually agressive woman is a prostitute.
(c) A prostitue is deemed worthless.
(d) They are better in bed than men.
12. How does Maria react to her surprise customer in Chapter 16?
(a) Is so happy.
(b) Declines in deference to other customers.
(c) Takes off work for the night.
(d) Is shocked.
13. What does Maria's coworker and customer show her in Chapter 28?
(a) An antique apparatus.
(c) A picture.
(d) A position they like.
14. What is the name of Maria's coworker she talks to after she decides to leave Geneva?
15. What does Maria buy before seeing Ralf again?
(a) A lingerie outfit.
(b) Books on sex.
(c) A new dress.
(d) Books on tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milan consider Maria to be?
2. What does Ralf advise Maria on in Chapter 25?
3. What is the name of the item that Maria's coworker and customer show Maria?
4. How does Maria feel about her purchase before she is supposed to see Ralf again?
5. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)