|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria purchase after she agrees to Ralf's invitation?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A cocktail dress.
(d) A plane ticket.
2. What is the librarian frustrated with in Chapter 27?
(b) The book shelves.
(c) Her boring sex life that she didn't know could be so exciting.
(d) Her job.
3. How much money does Maria take out of her bank account?
(b) 500 francs.
(c) All of it.
4. What is the only thing Maria has on her mind after meeting her first special client?
(d) The Arab.
5. Who is aware of the trips Maria's surprise guest takes to Geneva?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boss.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His dad.
6. What does Maria do as her surprise guest pretends to sleep after their sexual experience?
(a) Calls a friend and cries.
(b) Watches tv.
(c) Drinks wine and smokes a cigarette.
(d) Takes a bubble bath.
7. How does Maria react to Ralf's confession?
(a) She disagrees with him.
(b) She is uncomfortable and agrees only in her head.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She is comfortable.
8. How does Maria feel after experiencing the pain from her surprise guest in Chapter 23?
(d) Disbelief in the pleasure.
9. What does Maria entice Ralf with on his night as a customer?
(a) Wine and cheese.
(b) Meeting of souls.
(c) A bath.
(d) Meeting of body.
10. How does her surprise guest receive pleasure from Maria's pain?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He releases his own stress through it.
(c) He likes her facial expressions.
(d) He derives pleasure from the joy his slaves receives.
11. What does Milan say to Maria when she speaks to him after seeing the item that her coworker and customer show her?
(a) Demands her to leave.
(b) Goodbye and he'll miss her.
(c) Wishes her well.
(d) Come back anytime.
12. Who does Maria write a letter to?
(a) The Arab.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What does her surprise guest believe he and Maria have now reached in their second meeting?
(a) A connection of minds.
(b) A connection of bodies.
(c) A connection of energy.
(d) A connection of souls.
14. In Chapter 23, what does her surprise guest plan to do to Maria?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Impregnate her.
(c) Hurt her emotionally.
(d) Humiliate her.
15. What social stigma to women and sex does Ralf mention?
(a) A sexually agressive woman is a prostitute.
(b) They should not be intimate till marriage.
(c) They are better in bed than men.
(d) A prostitue is deemed worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria have to stop on her way back to Brazil?
2. What does Maria's first special client like?
3. What does her surprise guest in Chapter 23 hit Maria with?
4. What does Maria wonder about Ralf after meeting him?
5. What does Maria feel as she wanders the streets of Geneva after returning the library book in Chapter 27?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)