|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) The movies.
(b) The televsion.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her mom.
2. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
3. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A church friend.
(b) A local boy.
(c) An old teacher.
(d) A neighbor.
4. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
(a) A pants suit.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A dress and high heels.
5. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Berne.
(b) Rue de Fleur.
(c) Rue de Braman.
(d) Rue de Paradiso.
6. What does Maria study from the library books?
(a) House management.
(b) Store management.
(c) Farm management.
(d) Bar management.
7. Who does Maria talk to about her second love?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her girlfriends.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Her mom.
8. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
9. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
10. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(b) They were so rude.
(c) That they told her to leave quickly.
(d) They were so nice.
11. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That she will be hired as manager.
(b) That she will be fired.
(c) That she will get a pay raise.
(d) That they will be intimate.
12. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
13. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
(a) To excape.
(b) To not be the victim.
(c) To be the victim.
(d) To wish for another situation.
14. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
(a) The lead dancer.
(b) The manager, Milan.
(c) The owner, Milan.
(d) The oldest employee.
15. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
(a) The Godfather.
(b) The Pretty Woman.
(c) The Exterminator.
(d) The Devourer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria decide to learn in Geneva?
2. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
3. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
4. How much money does Maria receive from her employment contract?
5. What does Maria's first love ask her?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)