|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who counsels Maria to read?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The Arab.
2. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
(a) A dress and high heels.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pants suit.
3. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
4. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A young Brazilian girl.
(b) An old Brazilian man.
(c) A clockmaster.
(d) A Swiss prostitute.
5. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
(b) Sex appeal.
6. Who requests to paint Maria?
(a) Raf Heart.
(b) Ralf Howe.
(c) Ralf Hart.
(d) Ralf Hughes
7. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a traveling salesman.
(b) He's a pharmacist.
(c) He's a farmer.
(d) He's a doctor.
8. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) A bar.
(b) Another vacation.
(c) Her tiny apartment.
9. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(a) To sing.
(b) A massage.
(d) To cook.
10. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
11. What is Maria's struggle in prostitution?
(a) Staying inpersonal.
(b) Getting enough sleep.
(d) Separating body from soul.
12. What does Maria study from the library books?
(a) Store management.
(b) Bar management.
(c) House management.
(d) Farm management.
13. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
14. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A draper's shop.
15. What do the girls at Maria's new job in Chapter 12 suggest for Maria?
(a) To always act like a beginner to get more money.
(b) To never talk to her customer.
(c) To look her customer in the eyes.
(d) To always act experienced to get more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
2. Why is Maria not ready to return home after staying in Geneva?
3. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
4. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
5. What does Ralf say about sex to Maria?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)