|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 years.
2. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
(a) The Godfather.
(b) The Devourer.
(c) The Exterminator.
(d) The Pretty Woman.
3. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He has a lisp.
(b) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(c) She doesn't really like him.
(d) He broke the romantic spell.
4. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(b) Another vacation.
(c) A bar.
(d) Her tiny apartment.
5. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
(a) That same night.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two nights.
6. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(b) She has no control.
(d) She is in control.
7. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
(a) La Cabana.
(b) The Surf.
(d) Cocoa Beach.
8. How many marriages has Ralf been in?
9. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
10. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) They were so rude.
(b) They were so nice.
(c) That they told her to leave quickly.
(d) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
11. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She slept with another man.
(b) She messed up an oder.
(c) She went on an overnight trip.
(d) She yelled at a customer.
12. What is Maria's struggle in prostitution?
(b) Getting enough sleep.
(c) Separating body from soul.
(d) Staying inpersonal.
13. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
(a) The hours are rewarding.
(b) The relationships.
(c) When the men want to talk and not be intimate.
(d) The money.
14. Where is the man that approaches Maria on the beach from?
15. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
2. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
3. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
4. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
5. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)