|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To wait tables.
(b) To dance in a club.
(c) To bartend.
(d) To sing.
2. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A child.
(c) An abandoned girl.
(d) A pregnant teenager.
3. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
4. What does Ralf say about sex to Maria?
(a) He has never had it.
(b) He finds it boring.
(c) He only wants to experience it with her.
(d) He likes it everyday.
5. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she is past her prime.
(b) That she needs to marry.
(c) That beauty fades.
(d) That she will get fat.
6. Who counsels Maria to read?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The Arab.
7. What does Maria study from the library books?
(a) Farm management.
(b) Bar management.
(c) House management.
(d) Store management.
8. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
(a) She likes her new clothes.
(b) She likes the income.
(c) She wants to become the best worker.
(d) She wants the adventure with the experience.
9. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
10. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
(a) They know all about his true intentions.
(b) They want her to try on clothes.
(c) They know about the night she stayed with him.
(d) They know nothing of his true intentions.
11. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two nights.
(c) That same night.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Staying clean.
(b) Her plane trip home.
(c) Making money.
(d) Never falling in love with a customer.
13. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(b) To cook.
(c) To sing.
(d) A massage.
14. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A church friend.
(b) An old teacher.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A local boy.
15. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maria not ready to return home after staying in Geneva?
2. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
3. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
4. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
5. What does Maria's first love ask her?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)