|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
2. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) The movies.
(c) The televsion.
(d) Her mom.
3. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Paradiso.
(b) Rue de Fleur.
(c) Rue de Braman.
(d) Rue de Berne.
4. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
(a) She has her own needs.
(b) She can become pregnant.
(c) She needs a man to feel pleasure.
(d) She doesn't need a man to feel pleasure.
5. How long does it take Maria to get to her vacation destination?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 25 hours.
6. What does Maria's second love want to do?
(b) Hold hands.
(d) Talk about marriage.
7. In what career does Maria end up working to make money to return home?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A cashier.
(d) A waitress.
8. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He broke the romantic spell.
(b) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(c) She doesn't really like him.
(d) He has a lisp.
9. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
(a) A pregnant teenager.
(b) A child.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) An abandoned girl.
10. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
(d) Sex appeal.
11. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) Italian classes.
(b) Dancing classes.
(c) French classes.
(d) French cooking classes.
12. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That she will be fired.
(b) That they will be intimate.
(c) That she will get a pay raise.
(d) That she will be hired as manager.
13. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
14. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His friend.
(b) An interpreter.
(c) His son.
(d) His girlfriend.
15. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) Her tiny apartment.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
2. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
3. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
4. What does Maria see when she explores Geneva?
5. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)