|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
(a) A dress and high heels.
(c) A pants suit.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 8 seconds.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 11 minutes.
3. How many categories does Maria associate to her customers?
4. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
5. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
(a) Calm and contented.
(b) Cool and neutral.
(c) Scared and paniced.
(d) In disarray.
6. What does Maria contemplate doing after her night with the Arab?
(a) Buying a plane ticket home or staying in Geneva.
(d) Going back to work or finding another job.
7. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
(a) Leave the club.
(b) Associate with any patrons.
(d) Wear a top.
8. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) An interpreter.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His son.
(d) His friend.
9. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A clockmaster.
(b) A young Brazilian girl.
(c) A Swiss prostitute.
(d) An old Brazilian man.
10. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Never falling in love with a customer.
(b) Staying clean.
(c) Her plane trip home.
(d) Making money.
11. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) A bar.
(b) Her tiny apartment.
(c) Another vacation.
12. What is Maria's life compared to in Chapter 9?
(a) A ferris wheel.
(b) Her mom's life.
(c) A modern life.
(d) A roller coaster.
13. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
14. What does Maria's first love ask her?
(a) To sit next to her.
(b) To walk with her.
(c) To carry her books.
(d) To borrow a pencil.
15. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A church friend.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An old teacher.
(d) A local boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
2. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
3. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
4. Why is Maria not ready to return home after staying in Geneva?
5. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)