|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(b) She is in control.
(d) She has no control.
2. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
3. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An art museum.
(c) A park.
(d) An expensive bistro.
4. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A draper's shop.
(c) A bakery.
(d) Cleaning houses.
6. What happens to Maria's first love?
(a) He gets another girlfriend.
(b) He gets cancer.
(c) He moves away.
(d) They get married to each other.
7. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a traveling salesman.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a pharmacist.
(d) He's a farmer.
8. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
(a) Accompanies him to his room and becomes intimate.
(b) Goes on trip to Paris.
(c) Has dinner.
(d) Has drinks.
9. Where does Maria go to find great adventure?
(b) Geneva, Switzerland.
10. What does Maria's second love want to do?
(c) Hold hands.
(d) Talk about marriage.
11. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
12. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) Her mom.
(b) The televsion.
(c) The movies.
(d) Her older sister.
13. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 8 seconds.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 11 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
14. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
15. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A church friend.
(c) A local boy.
(d) An old teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Maria get about her second love?
2. What is Maria's struggle in prostitution?
3. What is the name of the bar Maria enters when she searches for her new job?
4. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
5. What does Maria separate in her work?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)