|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
2. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
(c) Sex appeal.
3. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 11 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 8 seconds.
4. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
(a) A farm.
(b) A shop.
(c) A house.
(d) A bar.
5. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) Her life dreams.
(c) Her turn in fate.
(d) Her destiny.
6. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That she will be fired.
(b) That she will get a pay raise.
(c) That they will be intimate.
(d) That she will be hired as manager.
7. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
8. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Berne.
(b) Rue de Braman.
(c) Rue de Paradiso.
(d) Rue de Fleur.
9. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
(a) To tell her her dad is sick.
(b) To bring her home.
(c) To hire her for a fashion show.
(d) To rehire her.
10. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
(a) Scared and paniced.
(b) Calm and contented.
(c) Cool and neutral.
(d) In disarray.
11. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 months.
12. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
(a) To excape.
(b) To be the victim.
(c) To wish for another situation.
(d) To not be the victim.
13. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
(a) Another girl.
(b) The boss's son.
(c) Her boss.
(d) A co-worker.
14. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) Italian classes.
(b) French cooking classes.
(c) Dancing classes.
(d) French classes.
15. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
(a) Two nights.
(b) The next day.
(c) That same night.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
2. Who counsels Maria to read?
3. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
4. What does Maria determine men really pay money for?
5. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)