|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria separate in her work?
(a) Her soul and respect.
(b) Her body and soul.
(c) Her heart and body.
(d) Her intellect and money.
2. What is the name of the bar Maria enters when she searches for her new job?
(a) La Cabana.
(b) Tropical Isle.
(d) Ecstacy Bar.
3. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He has a lisp.
(b) He broke the romantic spell.
(c) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(d) She doesn't really like him.
4. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
(a) 1,000 francs.
(b) 400 francs.
(c) 500 francs.
(d) 2,000 francs.
5. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
6. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) That she should return to the drape shop.
(b) That it's a sign from God.
(c) To take it.
(d) To not accpet it.
7. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) Her turn in fate.
(c) Her destiny.
(d) Her life dreams.
8. Who counsels Maria to read?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The librarian.
(d) The Arab.
9. What does Maria study from the library books?
(a) Store management.
(b) Farm management.
(c) Bar management.
(d) House management.
10. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
(a) The relationships.
(b) The hours are rewarding.
(c) When the men want to talk and not be intimate.
(d) The money.
11. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Never falling in love with a customer.
(b) Making money.
(c) Staying clean.
(d) Her plane trip home.
12. How many categories does Maria associate to her customers?
13. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That they will be intimate.
(b) That she will be hired as manager.
(c) That she will be fired.
(d) That she will get a pay raise.
14. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
15. Who is Maria's first love?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A 13 year old boy.
(c) An 11 year old boy.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
2. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
3. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
4. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
5. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)