|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
(a) A beer.
(b) A pineapple drink.
(c) A Bahama Mama.
(d) A coconut drink.
2. What does Maria's second love want to do?
(c) Talk about marriage.
(d) Hold hands.
3. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 months.
4. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
(a) Has drinks.
(b) Goes on trip to Paris.
(c) Has dinner.
(d) Accompanies him to his room and becomes intimate.
5. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
6. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
7. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
8. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
9. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A clockmaster.
(b) An old Brazilian man.
(c) A young Brazilian girl.
(d) A Swiss prostitute.
10. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
(a) Scared and paniced.
(b) Cool and neutral.
(c) Calm and contented.
(d) In disarray.
11. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a farmer.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a traveling salesman.
(d) He's a pharmacist.
12. How much time does Maria calculate she spends with each customer?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) A day.
(d) 45 minutes.
13. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(c) She has no control.
(d) She is in control.
14. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He has a lisp.
(b) He broke the romantic spell.
(c) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(d) She doesn't really like him.
15. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His friend.
(b) An interpreter.
(c) His son.
(d) His girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
2. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
3. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
4. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
5. What advice does Maria get about her second love?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)