|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
2. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
(a) The library.
(b) The pub down the street.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The restaurant down the street.
3. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
4. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) Dancing classes.
(b) French cooking classes.
(c) French classes.
(d) Italian classes.
5. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
(a) She has her own needs.
(b) She doesn't need a man to feel pleasure.
(c) She needs a man to feel pleasure.
(d) She can become pregnant.
6. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
7. Why is Maria not ready to return home after staying in Geneva?
(a) She does not want to be ridiculed for her failure.
(b) She does not want to get married.
(c) She does not want to have a baby.
(d) She does not want to buy a house.
8. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a traveling salesman.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a pharmacist.
(d) He's a farmer.
9. How much time does Maria calculate she spends with each customer?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) A day.
10. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
11. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) That they told her to leave quickly.
(b) They were so nice.
(c) They were so rude.
(d) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
12. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
(a) Signs up at a modeling agency.
(b) Returns to her old job.
(c) Leaves to travel elswhere again.
(d) Goes home herself.
13. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
(a) To not be the victim.
(b) To excape.
(c) To be the victim.
(d) To wish for another situation.
14. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
15. Where is the man that approaches Maria on the beach from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what career does Maria end up working to make money to return home?
2. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
3. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
4. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
5. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)