|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maria's first love?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A 13 year old boy.
(c) An 11 year old boy.
(d) A teacher.
2. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) Her turn in fate.
(b) How handsome he is.
(c) Her life dreams.
(d) Her destiny.
3. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
(a) The money.
(b) When the men want to talk and not be intimate.
(c) The relationships.
(d) The hours are rewarding.
4. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) French classes.
(b) French cooking classes.
(c) Dancing classes.
(d) Italian classes.
5. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
6. What does Maria's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a seamstress.
(b) She's a waitress.
(c) She's a homemaker.
(d) She's a farmer.
7. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
(a) Leaves to travel elswhere again.
(b) Signs up at a modeling agency.
(c) Goes home herself.
(d) Returns to her old job.
8. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
(b) Wear a top.
(c) Associate with any patrons.
(d) Leave the club.
9. Who does Maria talk to about her second love?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Her girlfriends.
10. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 11 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
11. What happens to Maria's first love?
(a) He gets another girlfriend.
(b) He gets cancer.
(c) They get married to each other.
(d) He moves away.
12. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His son.
(b) An interpreter.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His friend.
13. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To dance in a club.
(b) To bartend.
(c) To wait tables.
(d) To sing.
14. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
(a) She likes her new clothes.
(b) She wants the adventure with the experience.
(c) She likes the income.
(d) She wants to become the best worker.
15. How long does it take Maria to get to her vacation destination?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 25 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria go to find great adventure?
2. What does Maria separate in her work?
3. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
4. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
5. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)