|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
(a) To be the victim.
(b) To excape.
(c) To wish for another situation.
(d) To not be the victim.
2. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(b) He broke the romantic spell.
(c) She doesn't really like him.
(d) He has a lisp.
3. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
4. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
5. What does the person want who calls Maria before she runs out of money?
(a) To rehire her.
(b) To hire her for a fashion show.
(c) To bring her home.
(d) To tell her her dad is sick.
6. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
(a) A dress and high heels.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pants suit.
7. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
(a) Provocative clothes.
(b) A wig.
(d) A map.
8. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) An interpreter.
(c) His son.
(d) His friend.
9. Who is Maria's first love?
(a) A 13 year old boy.
(b) An 11 year old boy.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A teacher.
10. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
11. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) The televsion.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her mom.
(d) The movies.
12. What does Maria decide to learn in Geneva?
(a) How to do ballet.
(b) How to cook.
(c) The local language.
(d) How to play piano.
13. Why does Maria take a stroll?
(a) To study her books.
(b) To be seen.
(c) To see the streets.
(d) To get exercise.
14. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
15. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 8 seconds.
(b) 11 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
2. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
3. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
4. What does Roger not allow his dancers to do?
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)