|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
(a) A shop.
(b) A bar.
(c) A farm.
(d) A house.
2. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
3. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
4. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
5. What is the name of the bar Maria enters when she searches for her new job?
(a) Ecstacy Bar.
(c) La Cabana.
(d) Tropical Isle.
6. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) Another vacation.
(c) A bar.
(d) Her tiny apartment.
7. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
(b) Sex appeal.
8. What does Maria's father do for a living?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a traveling salesman.
(c) He's a pharmacist.
(d) He's a farmer.
9. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
(a) French cooking classes.
(b) Italian classes.
(c) French classes.
(d) Dancing classes.
10. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
(a) When the men want to talk and not be intimate.
(b) The money.
(c) The relationships.
(d) The hours are rewarding.
11. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 11 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
12. What does Maria's second love want to do?
(b) Talk about marriage.
(c) Hold hands.
13. Who counsels Maria to read?
(b) The bartender.
(c) The Arab.
(d) The librarian.
14. What is the name of the place the girls from Maria's first club mention to her?
(a) Rue de Paradiso.
(b) Rue de Braman.
(c) Rue de Fleur.
(d) Rue de Berne.
15. Who is said to be born innocent and eventually develop dreams of being rescued by a man?
(a) A child.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A pregnant teenager.
(d) An abandoned girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
2. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
3. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
4. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
5. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)