|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
(a) To excape.
(b) To be the victim.
(c) To not be the victim.
(d) To wish for another situation.
2. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
(a) A shop.
(b) A bar.
(c) A house.
(d) A farm.
3. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
4. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
5. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A clockmaster.
(b) A Swiss prostitute.
(c) A young Brazilian girl.
(d) An old Brazilian man.
6. Why does Maria take a stroll?
(a) To get exercise.
(b) To study her books.
(c) To be seen.
(d) To see the streets.
7. How many marriages has Ralf been in?
8. How many months pass before Maria adapts to prostitution's rituals?
9. How does Maria feel the morning after her evening with the Arab?
(a) Calm and contented.
(b) Cool and neutral.
(c) In disarray.
(d) Scared and paniced.
10. What does Maria do with the Arab man?
(a) Goes on trip to Paris.
(b) Accompanies him to his room and becomes intimate.
(c) Has dinner.
(d) Has drinks.
11. What does the man send Maria to wear to dinner?
(a) A pants suit.
(c) A dress and high heels.
(d) A diamond necklace.
12. Who is supposed to acclimate Maria to her new job in Chapter 6?
13. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That she will get a pay raise.
(b) That they will be intimate.
(c) That she will be hired as manager.
(d) That she will be fired.
14. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) She has no control.
(c) She is in control.
15. Why does Maria stay at her new job in Chapter 12?
(a) She likes her new clothes.
(b) She likes the income.
(c) She wants the adventure with the experience.
(d) She wants to become the best worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Maria enters when she searches for her new job?
2. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
3. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
4. What does Maria's father do for a living?
5. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)