|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maria's first love?
(a) They get married to each other.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He gets another girlfriend.
(d) He gets cancer.
2. What unspoken promise is insinuated between Maria and her boss?
(a) That she will be hired as manager.
(b) That she will get a pay raise.
(c) That they will be intimate.
(d) That she will be fired.
3. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(b) To cook.
(c) A massage.
(d) To sing.
4. What does Maria's second love want to do?
(a) Hold hands.
(c) Talk about marriage.
5. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A church friend.
(b) A local boy.
(c) An old teacher.
(d) A neighbor.
6. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) That she should return to the drape shop.
(b) That it's a sign from God.
(c) To take it.
(d) To not accpet it.
7. Who requests to paint Maria?
(a) Ralf Howe.
(b) Ralf Hughes
(c) Ralf Hart.
(d) Raf Heart.
8. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
9. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
10. What does Maria say is obvious that men pay money for?
11. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
12. What does Maria decide to learn in Geneva?
(a) The local language.
(b) How to do ballet.
(c) How to play piano.
(d) How to cook.
13. What does the man that approaches Maria on the beach return with?
(a) His son.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) An interpreter.
(d) His friend.
14. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
15. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) She is in control.
(b) She has no control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
2. Why does Maria take a stroll?
3. How long does it take Maria to get to her vacation destination?
4. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
5. What does Maria see as motivation for women who prostitute themselves?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)