|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) Another girl.
(c) The boss's son.
(d) Her boss.
2. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
(a) A park.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An expensive bistro.
(d) An art museum.
3. How long does it take Ralf to paint Maria?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 11 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
4. What topic does Maria want to become more educated on?
5. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) They were so rude.
(b) They were so nice.
(c) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(d) That they told her to leave quickly.
6. Where does Maria work after she finishes school?
(a) A draper's shop.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Cleaning houses.
7. How does Maria feel about her life after she leaves the Arab man?
(b) She has no control.
(d) She is in control.
8. Who is Eleven Minutes about?
(a) A young Brazilian girl.
(b) A Swiss prostitute.
(c) A clockmaster.
(d) An old Brazilian man.
9. What does Maria realize when she speaks with the Arab's modeling agency?
(a) They know all about his true intentions.
(b) They want her to try on clothes.
(c) They know nothing of his true intentions.
(d) They know about the night she stayed with him.
10. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
(b) A map.
(c) A wig.
(d) Provocative clothes.
11. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
(a) He broke the romantic spell.
(b) He has a lisp.
(c) He won't look at her when he talks to her.
(d) She doesn't really like him.
12. Who does Maria blame for her lack of knowledge about her inexperience with her second love?
(a) The televsion.
(b) The movies.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her mom.
13. Why does Maria take a stroll?
(a) To be seen.
(b) To get exercise.
(c) To see the streets.
(d) To study her books.
14. How long does Maria work in the draper's shop?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 months.
15. Where is Maria drawn to during her period of no work?
(a) The pub down the street.
(b) The library.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The restaurant down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
2. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
3. What do the girls at Maria's new job in Chapter 12 suggest for Maria?
4. What does Maria introduce the man who offers her a job as to her family?
5. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)