|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She yelled at a customer.
(b) She went on an overnight trip.
(c) She slept with another man.
(d) She messed up an oder.
2. How much money does Maria receive from her employment contract?
3. What does Maria find out at the end of her adolescent years?
(a) She needs a man to feel pleasure.
(b) She doesn't need a man to feel pleasure.
(c) She can become pregnant.
(d) She has her own needs.
4. What does Maria separate in her work?
(a) Her heart and body.
(b) Her soul and respect.
(c) Her intellect and money.
(d) Her body and soul.
5. Who counsels Maria to read?
(b) The Arab.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The bartender.
6. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
7. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bar.
(c) A shop.
(d) A house.
8. What advice does Maria get about her second love?
(a) To wear purfume.
(b) To hum as you get ready for your first date.
(c) To open mouth kiss.
(d) To close your eyes when you kiss.
9. Where does Maria go after spending time with the Arab man?
(a) Her tiny apartment.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another vacation.
10. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) Her life dreams.
(b) Her destiny.
(c) Her turn in fate.
(d) How handsome he is.
11. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
(a) Another girl.
(b) Her boss.
(c) The boss's son.
(d) A co-worker.
12. Who is Maria's second love?
(a) A local boy.
(b) A church friend.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An old teacher.
13. What does Maria find gratifying about her job?
(a) The hours are rewarding.
(b) When the men want to talk and not be intimate.
(c) The relationships.
(d) The money.
14. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
(b) A wig.
(c) A map.
(d) Provocative clothes.
15. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) That she should return to the drape shop.
(b) To not accpet it.
(c) To take it.
(d) That it's a sign from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maria mad when her first love speaks to her?
2. In Geneva, what classes does Maria enroll in?
3. What does Maria's mother do for a living?
4. When does Maria begin working at the bar?
5. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)