|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria begin to feel during her period of no work?
2. In what career does Maria end up working to make money to return home?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A cashier.
3. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
(a) The manager, Milan.
(b) The oldest employee.
(c) The owner, Milan.
(d) The lead dancer.
4. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) How handsome he is.
(b) Her turn in fate.
(c) Her destiny.
(d) Her life dreams.
5. What advice does Maria get about her second love?
(a) To open mouth kiss.
(b) To hum as you get ready for your first date.
(c) To close your eyes when you kiss.
(d) To wear purfume.
6. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
(a) Another girl.
(b) Her boss.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) The boss's son.
7. What do Maria's instincts tell her about the job in Geneva?
(a) To not accpet it.
(b) To take it.
(c) That it's a sign from God.
(d) That she should return to the drape shop.
8. Where does Maria end up after her stroll?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An expensive bistro.
(d) A park.
9. Which of the following is NOT a category for Maria's customers?
(a) The Exterminator.
(b) The Godfather.
(c) The Devourer.
(d) The Pretty Woman.
10. What does Maria dream of buying when she returns to Brazil?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bar.
(c) A house.
(d) A shop.
11. What does Maria's first love ask her?
(a) To walk with her.
(b) To sit next to her.
(c) To borrow a pencil.
(d) To carry her books.
12. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she needs to marry.
(b) That beauty fades.
(c) That she will get fat.
(d) That she is past her prime.
13. What do many men pay Maria for, other than sex?
(a) To sing.
(b) A massage.
(d) To cook.
14. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
15. What does Maria remember about the girls at her first club?
(a) They were so rude.
(b) They were so nice.
(c) A girl told her about a place where girls get money for entertainment.
(d) That they told her to leave quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many customers does Maria sleep with on her first night of work?
2. What does Maria buy to acclimate herself in search of her new job in Geneva?
3. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
4. How old is Maria when she falls in love for the second time?
5. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)