Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maria fired?
(a) She messed up an oder.
(b) She slept with another man.
(c) She went on an overnight trip.
(d) She yelled at a customer.
2. What is Maria's job supposed to be when she arrives in Geneva?
(a) To sing.
(b) To wait tables.
(c) To dance in a club.
(d) To bartend.
3. Who does Maria speak to in the bar she enters when searching for a new job?
(a) The oldest employee.
(b) The lead dancer.
(c) The manager, Milan.
(d) The owner, Milan.
4. What does Maria see when she explores Geneva?
(a) Her reflection.
(b) A roller coaster.
(c) A museum.
(d) A ferris wheel.
5. Where does Maria leave to go on vacation?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
6. Where does Maria leave from to find great adventure?
7. How much money does the Arab man give Maria?
(a) 400 francs.
(b) 2,000 francs.
(c) 1,000 francs.
(d) 500 francs.
8. Where does Maria go upon her arrival at her vacation destination?
(a) The Surf.
(b) La Cabana.
(d) Cocoa Beach.
9. In Chapter 14, how many months does Maria note she has until her one-year deadline is over?
10. What is Maria always cognizant of because of her mother's warning?
(a) That she is past her prime.
(b) That she needs to marry.
(c) That she will get fat.
(d) That beauty fades.
11. What does Maria's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a farmer.
(b) She's a seamstress.
(c) She's a waitress.
(d) She's a homemaker.
12. How much time does Maria calculate spending being intimate with her customer?
(a) 8 seconds.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 11 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
13. What does Maria accept from the man that approaches her on the beach?
(a) A pineapple drink.
(b) A Bahama Mama.
(c) A beer.
(d) A coconut drink.
14. What does Maria focus on when she is working as a prostitute?
(a) Staying clean.
(b) Never falling in love with a customer.
(c) Making money.
(d) Her plane trip home.
15. What does Maria contemplate after she leaves the Arab man?
(a) Her life dreams.
(b) Her turn in fate.
(c) Her destiny.
(d) How handsome he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria's first love ask her?
2. How old is Maria when she finishes school?
3. What does Maria do after the Arab man returns to his country?
4. Who falls in love with Maria at her first job?
5. How does Maria choose to react to her situation in Geneva?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)