Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. Describe why Maria leaves her hometown in Brazil.
2. Describe how the novel begins.
3. What do Maria's parents do for a living and how does it affect her home?
4. Describe why Maria gets angry when her first love speaks to her.
5. Describe Maria's first kiss.
6. Describe Maria's opinion about boys at the end of her adolescent years.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 4, 5 and 6
7. Describe the relationship of Maria and...
This section contains 783 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)