* Chapters 1, 2, and 3:
* "Eleven Minutes" is about a girl named Maria who leaves her home in Brazil to go to Geneva, Switzerland.
* She desires to experience adventure and great love, but finds herself in an unexpected career.
* The story opens with the author introducing a young prostitute, who like all prostitutes are born innocent and have dreams of being rescued by a man.
* Maria's first experience of love is with an 11 year old boy who walks the same path to school as Maria.
* They do not speak for months, but both are very aware of the other.
* Finally, the boy draws up his courage and asks to borrow a pencil.
* Maria is enraged by this gesture for it ruins the romantic spell she created.
* Maria later realizes that was the boy's way of opening dialogue with her.
* Maria then falls further in love with the boy only...
This section contains 1,948 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)