Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
4. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the course of the novel, many characters realize the errors of their ways and attempt to repent for their sins. Choose two characters that have "seen the light" of their sins and describe their reactions to this enlightenment. Then, explain how the process of repenting changed, or did not change, the characters involved.
Essay Topic 2
Merrick's beliefs about God and art seem to coincide with one another as he views everything as imitations. Briefly describe Merrick's opinions about God, and then briefly describe Merrick's opinions about art, particularly his own. Then, explain how Merrick's beliefs of God and art are intrinsically connected to his opinions about imitation.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, John Merrick endures the abuses of many outside forces. Choose two abusers who deeply impacted John Merrick's life, describe their abuses, and then describe Merrick's reaction to the abuse. How does Merrick's reaction to the abuse give the reader deeper insight into his character?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)