Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
4. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
The Elephant Man is described in the first few scenes of the play as having extreme deformities, which Treves describes at great detail for his audience. Briefly describe the deformities that the Elephant Man suffers from and why he received the nickname that he did.
When Treves first meets the Elephant Man he is completely unappreciated in his profession. Describe the conditions the Elephant Man was living in at the time he first met Treves, and why he was so willing to let Treves take him away for a physical inspection.
Mrs. Kendal proves to be one of the most important characters in Merrick's life. Describe the character of Mrs. Kendal and explain what lessons she taught Merrick about life and love. Finally, explain how Merrick responded to the lesson Mrs. Kendal was so keen to teach.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)