|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the pinheads describe the world that has been revealed to them since leaving the freak show?
2. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
4. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
5. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the course of the play, many characters travel extreme spiritual journeys, relying heavily on the words of wisdom that the Bishop imparts on them. Choose one character who undergoes a spiritual journey and create a time line for that transformation. Then, explain how the spiritual journey relied heavily on their relationship with the Bishop and give an example of one piece of advice the Bishop bestowed upon the character.
Essay Topic 2
Each of the scenes within the play has its own title. Choose two scenes with particularly memorable titles and explain what themes were presented in that scene. As a reader, how do the scene titles function within the text of the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Merrick's death has particular significance in that the pinheads were involved in it. Explain how the pinheads urged Merrick to his death and what the symbolic importance of the pinheads' involvement in the death is.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)