Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
4. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
Throughout the course of the play, many characters travel extreme spiritual journeys, relying heavily on the words of wisdom that the Bishop imparts on them. Choose one character who undergoes a spiritual journey and create a time line for that transformation. Then, explain how the spiritual journey relied heavily on their relationship with the Bishop and give an example of one piece of advice the Bishop bestowed upon the character.
Toward the end of his life, Merrick becomes almost obsessed with reading the bible and some of the passages in it. Describe Merrick's relationship with the bible and explain why he rereads the same passages over and over. Finally, explain what two of the passages from the bible that Merrick reads mean to him during his life, while he is alive.
Merrick's beliefs about God and art seem to coincide with one another as he views everything as imitations. Briefly describe Merrick's opinions about God, and then briefly describe Merrick's opinions about art, particularly his own. Then, explain how Merrick's beliefs of God and art are intrinsically connected to his opinions about imitation.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)