|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
2. Which word is the nursing attendant struggling to remember when he leaves Merrick's room abruptly?
3. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
(a) Being with a woman.
(b) Being terribly ugly.
(c) Being a charity case.
(d) Being unable to speak properly.
4. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
(a) Walking through fog.
(b) Being trapped underwater.
(c) Sitting amongst the angels.
(d) Walking over fiery coals.
5. Which meal does the attendant bring to Merrick directly after he finishes his model church?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bishop respond to Treves' meltdown as he begins weeping at the Bishop's feet?
2. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
3. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
4. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
5. Where does Merrick rest his head while he is sleeping?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)