|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His windpipe.
(b) His spine.
(c) His lungs.
(d) His ribcage.
2. In the letter, what does Gomm thank the newspaper for?
(a) Supporting the hosptial, and therefore, London.
(b) Printing the letters that led to the financial donations.
(c) Taking interest in such a lowly case as Merrick's.
(d) Giving a voice to all the disabled people in the world.
3. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
(a) Purchase new medical equiptment.
(b) Travel around the world.
(c) Invest in the stocks.
(d) Build a house.
4. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
(a) That he is so intelligent and unafraid to voice his opinions.
(b) That he is so grateful to be treated like a human being.
(c) That he is unafraid of death.
(d) That he able to see the good in all of humanity.
5. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
2. How does the Bishop respond to Treves' meltdown as he begins weeping at the Bishop's feet?
3. Which word finished Treves' statement about the human condition, " To become more ________ is to die"?
4. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)