|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His lungs.
(b) His ribcage.
(c) His windpipe.
(d) His spine.
2. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
(a) He will pay forty guineas.
(b) He will pay nothing.
(c) He will pay one hundred guineas.
(d) He will pay any sum demanded.
3. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
(a) His hair.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His feet.
(d) His head.
4. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
(a) He is embarrassed at the suggestion.
(b) He divides the list into two groups - the ones he would like to see and the ones he is not interested in.
(c) He decides to meet them all, one by one.
(d) He rejects all of them.
5. What do the pinheads encourage Merrick to do, resulting in his death?
(a) Press his pillow to his face.
(b) Lie on his back.
(c) Drink a bottle of poison.
(d) Hold his breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
2. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
3. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
4. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
5. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Treves uses to describe Merrick in the letter?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)