Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
(a) He will pay nothing.
(b) He will pay one hundred guineas.
(c) He will pay forty guineas.
(d) He will pay any sum demanded.
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
(a) Skin graphs.
(b) Brain surgery.
(d) Organ donation.
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
(a) In God.
(b) In the bible.
(c) In the church.
(d) In his fellow man.
4. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
(a) From a burning house.
(b) From an abusive mother.
(c) From a wild river.
(d) From an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
2. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
3. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
4. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
5. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)