|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merrick attempt to speak with about his readings in the bible?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
(b) More money.
3. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
4. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is confused.
5. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man money pit.
(b) A one-man black hole.
(c) A one-man moral swamp.
(d) A one-man cesspool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
2. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
3. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
4. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
5. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)