|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
2. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
(a) From an orphanage.
(b) From a wild river.
(c) From a burning house.
(d) From an abusive mother.
3. What do the pinheads urge Merrick to enter?
(a) "The love of the world".
(b) "The eternity of man".
(c) "The only heaven we know".
(d) "The empire of darkness".
4. Where does Merrick rest his head while he is sleeping?
(a) On a specially built prop.
(b) On his shoulder.
(c) On his knees.
(d) On his arms.
5. While Merrick is in his meeting with the Bishop, what are Gomm and Treves discussing in the next room?
(a) Merrick's death.
(b) Merrick's spirituality.
(c) Merrick's love life.
(d) Merrick's personal hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
2. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
3. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
4. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
5. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)