|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which event passes in front of Merrick's window as he is visiting with the nursing attendant?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A graduation.
(d) A funeral.
2. What does Gomm claim Merrick has brought to the hospital along with esteem?
(a) Incurable diseases.
3. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) The Bishop.
4. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
(a) He folds some laundry.
(b) He composes a letter.
(c) He works on his model.
(d) He reads a book.
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To befriend him.
(b) To save him.
(c) To examine him.
(d) To kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merrick rest his head while he is sleeping?
2. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
3. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
4. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
5. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)