|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
(a) A sea of water.
(b) A mirror.
(c) An ivy plant.
(d) A light bulb.
2. What are the pinheads doing when they arrive to Merrick's bedside before he dies?
3. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(b) Tea party.
(d) Opera hall.
4. How is the nursing attendant related to the event happening outside of Merrick's window?
(a) It is a friend's sister.
(b) It is his father.
(c) It is his brother.
(d) It is his cousin.
5. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
2. As Treves is weeping at the Bishop's feet, what announcement does Merrick make?
3. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
4. What are the final words of the play?
5. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)