|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
(a) Being unable to speak properly.
(b) Being a charity case.
(c) Being with a woman.
(d) Being terribly ugly.
2. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
(a) Treves is using Merrick, and treating him like a dog.
(b) Treves is receiving all the benefits of Merrick's health.
(c) Merrick does not want to live with Treves, but return to life with Ross.
(d) Treves is unaware of the hard work that comes with rearing Merrick.
3. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(b) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
(c) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
(d) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
4. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Organ donation.
(d) Skin graphs.
5. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
(a) Merrick's ability to make people feel good about themselves.
(b) Merrick's ability to forgive those around him.
(c) Merrick's ability to love through his hate.
(d) Merrick's ability to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
2. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
3. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
5. While Merrick is in his meeting with the Bishop, what are Gomm and Treves discussing in the next room?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)