|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves argue that people feel when they see themselves reflected in Merrick?
(a) They feel afraid.
(b) They feel flattered.
(c) They feel confused.
(d) They feel amused.
2. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
3. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
4. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man black hole.
(b) A one-man cesspool.
(c) A one-man moral swamp.
(d) A one-man money pit.
5. What do the pinheads urge Merrick to enter?
(a) "The empire of darkness".
(b) "The only heaven we know".
(c) "The love of the world".
(d) "The eternity of man".
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
2. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
3. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
4. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
5. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)