|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
(a) That he has met only one "good man" during the course of his life.
(b) That they shouldn't be exploited.
(c) That they should be exploited for their niavite.
(d) That they are exploited just as easily as nasty men.
2. How is the nursing attendant related to the event happening outside of Merrick's window?
(a) It is his father.
(b) It is a friend's sister.
(c) It is his cousin.
(d) It is his brother.
3. What is Merrick doing with the Bishop while Treves and Gomm are having a private discussion?
(b) Working on the model.
(d) Drinking tea.
4. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
(b) Merrick's medical files.
(c) Words of remembrance.
(d) Funeral arrangements.
5. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
2. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
3. What are the final words of the play?
4. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
5. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)