|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
(a) That they could have children.
(b) That they do not have to sleep alone.
(c) That they can look at a woman every day.
(d) That they will always have homecooked dinners.
2. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
(a) Walking over fiery coals.
(b) Walking through fog.
(c) Sitting amongst the angels.
(d) Being trapped underwater.
3. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
(b) More money.
4. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
(a) That he and Merrick work together once again.
(b) That he and Treves start a new freak show.
(c) That he and Treves have joint control over Merrick's future.
(d) That he and Merrick move in together.
5. What does Treves believe has happened to Merrick as he has become more physically deformed?
(a) He has lost touch of his emotions.
(b) He has become more emotionally normal.
(c) He has lost touch of what it means to be human.
(d) He has become more emotionally deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
2. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
3. Which part of Merrick's name is printed incorrectly in the letter?
4. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)