|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the final words of the play?
(a) Go now, and be happy.
(b) Behold, the heavens await you.
(c) It is done.
(d) In his name.
2. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
3. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
4. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is dying.
(b) That he, himself, is lost.
(c) That he, himself, is afraid.
(d) That he, himself, is broke.
5. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
(a) Walsham How.
(c) Fredrick Treves.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
2. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
3. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
4. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
5. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)