|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves come running back into the room to say about Merrick?
(a) That Merrick was a man.
(b) He never says anything.
(c) That Merrick was a hero.
(d) That Merrick was a monster.
2. Where does Merrick rest his head while he is sleeping?
(a) On his shoulder.
(b) On a specially built prop.
(c) On his arms.
(d) On his knees.
3. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
(a) His own sorrow.
(b) Broken promises.
(d) Other people's dreams.
4. What is Treves reading when Merrick comes to speak with him about death?
(a) Medical Journals.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A letter from Mrs. Kendal.
(d) His diary.
5. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
(a) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
2. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
3. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
4. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)