|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
(b) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
(c) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(d) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
2. Which event passes in front of Merrick's window as he is visiting with the nursing attendant?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
3. What does Treves come running back into the room to say about Merrick?
(a) That Merrick was a man.
(b) He never says anything.
(c) That Merrick was a monster.
(d) That Merrick was a hero.
4. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is apologetic.
5. What are the pinheads doing when they arrive to Merrick's bedside before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
2. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
3. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
4. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)