|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(c) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(d) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
2. How does Treves feel about Merrick after his death?
(a) He says he feels guilty about the way he treated him.
(b) He says he wished he could have done more for him.
(c) He says he is proud to have known him.
(d) He says he no longer understands him.
3. In the dream, who does Gomm call a "good man"?
(c) The Bishop.
4. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
5. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
(a) That Mrs. Kendal views him as a failure.
(b) That he will no longer be able to stay in the hospital.
(c) That his high society friends will no longer love him.
(d) That Treves is disappointed in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves feel about his profession making people well?
2. To which part of the hospital will the rest of Merrick's funds be absorbed?
3. What are the final words of the play?
4. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
5. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)