|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
(a) That they are exploited just as easily as nasty men.
(b) That he has met only one "good man" during the course of his life.
(c) That they should be exploited for their niavite.
(d) That they shouldn't be exploited.
2. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is afraid.
(b) If he is angry.
(c) If he is happy.
(d) If he is stupid.
3. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
(a) An ivy plant.
(b) A sea of water.
(c) A light bulb.
(d) A mirror.
4. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
(b) Words of remembrance.
(c) Funeral arrangements.
(d) Merrick's medical files.
5. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
(a) He says that he never wants to see Ross again.
(b) He says that he will ask Treves for his opinion on the matter.
(c) He says that he never wants to be on display again.
(d) He says that he hopes Ross dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
2. Who does Merrick attempt to speak with about his readings in the bible?
3. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
4. What do the pinheads encourage Merrick to do, resulting in his death?
5. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)