|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(b) Tea party.
(c) Opera hall.
2. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
(a) He composes a letter.
(b) He reads a book.
(c) He folds some laundry.
(d) He works on his model.
3. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is stupid.
(b) If he is happy.
(c) If he is afraid.
(d) If he is angry.
4. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
(a) Travel around the world.
(b) Purchase new medical equiptment.
(c) Invest in the stocks.
(d) Build a house.
5. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter, what does Gomm thank the newspaper for?
2. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
3. How does Treves argue that people feel when they see themselves reflected in Merrick?
4. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
5. What is Treves reading when Merrick comes to speak with him about death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)