|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves feel about Merrick after his death?
(a) He says he is proud to have known him.
(b) He says he wished he could have done more for him.
(c) He says he feels guilty about the way he treated him.
(d) He says he no longer understands him.
2. To which part of the hospital will the rest of Merrick's funds be absorbed?
(b) Outreach for the poor.
(c) Food services.
(d) The general revenue.
3. What does Treves come running back into the room to say about Merrick?
(a) That Merrick was a man.
(b) That Merrick was a hero.
(c) That Merrick was a monster.
(d) He never says anything.
4. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
5. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
(a) His feet.
(b) His head.
(c) His hair.
(d) His teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
2. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
3. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
4. Which word is the nursing attendant struggling to remember when he leaves Merrick's room abruptly?
5. Which part of Merrick's name is printed incorrectly in the letter?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)