|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gomm claim Merrick has brought to the hospital along with esteem?
(a) Incurable diseases.
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
(a) He calls Treves a man of honor.
(b) He calls Treves a valuable investment.
(c) He calls Treves a one-man moral swamp.
(d) He cals Treves a black hole.
3. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
(a) He will pay one hundred guineas.
(b) He will pay forty guineas.
(c) He will pay nothing.
(d) He will pay any sum demanded.
4. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
(a) The Bishop.
5. Which event passes in front of Merrick's window as he is visiting with the nursing attendant?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
2. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
3. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
4. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
5. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)