|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
(a) Because he was too kind to him.
(b) Because he robbed him.
(c) Because he humiliated him.
(d) Because he beat him.
2. What does Treves believe has happened to Merrick as he has become more physically deformed?
(a) He has become more emotionally normal.
(b) He has lost touch of what it means to be human.
(c) He has lost touch of his emotions.
(d) He has become more emotionally deformed.
3. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
4. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
(b) The Bishop.
5. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
(a) That he is so intelligent and unafraid to voice his opinions.
(b) That he is so grateful to be treated like a human being.
(c) That he able to see the good in all of humanity.
(d) That he is unafraid of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
2. What is Merrick doing with the Bishop while Treves and Gomm are having a private discussion?
3. Which word is the nursing attendant struggling to remember when he leaves Merrick's room abruptly?
4. How is the nursing attendant related to the event happening outside of Merrick's window?
5. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)