|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His windpipe.
(b) His lungs.
(c) His ribcage.
(d) His spine.
2. Whose wishes does Gomm hope to fulfill in his use of Merrick's money?
(b) The patients.
(c) The donors.
3. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
4. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
(a) Walsham How.
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) Fredrick Treves.
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(b) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
2. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
4. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
5. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)