|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A boat.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A taxi.
2. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is professional.
(d) He is embarrassed.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On a church doorstep.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In a supermarket.
5. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
2. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
3. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
4. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument about faith do the BIshop and Gomm get into over Merrick's medical treatment?
2. How does Mrs. Kendal respond to Treves' proposal that she befriend Merrick?
3. How does Gomm react to the news that Lord John has stolen from Merrick?
4. In what ways does role reversal come into play when Treves has a dream about the freak show?
5. What sales pitch does Ross use to entice passersby into the Elephant Man's tent?
6. During their argument about Heaven, what reasons does Treves give Merrick for sending Mrs. Kendal away?
7. How does Merrick react to the pinheads when he first meets them?
8. How does Mrs. Kendal feel about the model Merrick is working on?
9. How does Treves assure that Merrick can stay in the hospital as long as he desires?
10. What is the reaction to Mrs. Kendal's nudity in Merrick's room?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)