|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Bishop.
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The neighborhood association.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The police.
(d) The schools.
3. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Train him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Kill him.
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He gives it all back to Merrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
2. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick about anesthetic and his patient who nearly didn't come out of it?
2. As Merrick is meeting with the Bishop, what discussion of Merrick's impending death do Gomm and Treves have?
3. Who is Mrs. Kendal?
4. How does Mrs. Kendal feel about the model Merrick is working on?
5. During the dream, what does Gomm say about Treves that echoes back to his statements about Treves in the opening of the play?
6. How does Treves assure that Merrick can stay in the hospital as long as he desires?
7. What insight does Merrick have about the play "Romeo and Juliet"?
8. In his letter to the editor, what does Gomm say will happen to Merrick's finances?
9. How are the pinheads treated by their manager?
10. How does Gomm react to the news that Lord John has stolen from Merrick?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)