|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
(a) A model airplane.
(b) A model castle.
(c) A model car.
(d) A model church.
2. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In a church bulletin.
(d) In the newspaper.
4. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is slowly improving.
(b) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(c) It is staying about the same.
(d) It is worsening.
5. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(b) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(c) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(d) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
2. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gomm greet the new hire, Treves?
2. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick, and what is Treves' response to the Bishop's claim?
3. How does Merrick react to the pinheads when he first meets them?
4. During his analysis of Treves' body, what notes does Merrick make about Treves' left hand?
5. What sales pitch does Ross use to entice passersby into the Elephant Man's tent?
6. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
7. In what ways does role reversal come into play when Treves has a dream about the freak show?
8. During Ross and Merrick's argument about returning to work together, how do the two men taunt each other?
9. Why does Merrick attempt to speak with Treves about the bible?
10. What is the outcome of Mrs. Kendal and Merrick's first meeting?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)