|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
3. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is blind.
(b) Because she is equally as lonely.
(c) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In a supermarket.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) On a church doorstep.
5. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His face.
(b) His brain.
(c) His hands.
(d) His genitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
2. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
3. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
5. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Merrick attempt to speak with Treves about the bible?
2. Why does Ross think it is unfair for Merrick to continue living with Treves?
3. What does Merrick despise about married men?
4. How are the pinheads involved in Merrick's death?
5. In what ways does role reversal come into play when Treves has a dream about the freak show?
6. How does Merrick react to the news that Lord John has stolen money from him?
7. How does Merrick sleep at night, and why?
8. How does Merrick react to the news that he will be allowed an indefinite stay at the hospital?
9. Who is Mrs. Sandwich?
10. What insight does Merrick have about the play "Romeo and Juliet"?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)