|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) A plastic model.
(c) Medical charts.
3. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) Surgically correctable.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
5. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
2. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
4. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Sandwich?
2. What does Treves tell Merrick about anesthetic and his patient who nearly didn't come out of it?
3. During his analysis of Treves' body, what realization does Merrick make about Treves' head?
4. How are the pinheads treated by their manager?
5. How is Treves' first lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities interrupted?
6. How does Merrick react to the pinheads when he first meets them?
7. What happens when Treves is finally enlightened and thinks of something worthwhile that he would like to print in the letter to the editor?
8. In the letter to the editor, what does Treves add about Merrick?
9. During Merrick's dream, why and how do the pinheads return?
10. Who is Mrs. Kendal?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)