|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Man.
(b) That Elephant Thing.
(c) The Elephant Guy.
(d) That Elephant Bloke.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) Ten guineas.
(d) One hundred guineas.
5. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The stage.
(b) The ballet.
(c) The opera.
(d) The symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
4. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Merrick is meeting with the Bishop, what discussion of Merrick's impending death do Gomm and Treves have?
2. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
3. What is the reaction to Mrs. Kendal's nudity in Merrick's room?
4. How does Gomm react to the news that Lord John has stolen from Merrick?
5. After Merrick has returned to his room, what does Treves divulge to the audience about his emotions in sending Mrs. Kendal away?
6. How is Merrick treated by the police officers on his travels back to London?
7. Why does Ross come to visit Merrick in the hospital?
8. Who is Mrs. Kendal?
9. How does Merrick feel about the attention he is receiving for his artistic abilities?
10. What does Merrick despise about married men?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)