|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(b) With fear.
(d) With kindness.
2. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Guilded Box.
(b) The Royal Box.
(c) The King's Box.
(d) The Golden Box.
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is disgusting.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
2. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
3. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Treves find himself having an emotional meltdown at the BIshop's feet after discussing Merrick's impending death?
2. During Ross and Merrick's argument about returning to work together, how do the two men taunt each other?
3. During the dream, what statemtents does Gomm make about "good men" and what should happen to them?
4. Which high society members come to visit with Merrick during the height of his popularity, what types of gifts do they leave for him?
5. How does Merrick feel about the attention he is receiving for his artistic abilities?
6. During Merrick's dream, why and how do the pinheads return?
7. How does Treves assure that Merrick can stay in the hospital as long as he desires?
8. How does Merrick react to the pinheads when he first meets them?
9. Why does Ross think it is unfair for Merrick to continue living with Treves?
10. As Merrick is meeting with the Bishop, what discussion of Merrick's impending death do Gomm and Treves have?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)