|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(b) Make it as normal as possible.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make him a lot of money.
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Potato.
(b) Mrs. Sandwich.
(c) Mrs. Crumb.
(d) Mrs. Salad.
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) On the surgical table.
(b) In the library.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In a bathtub.
4. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is worsening.
(b) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(c) It is slowly improving.
(d) It is staying about the same.
5. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
3. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
4. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
5. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction to Mrs. Kendal's nudity in Merrick's room?
2. Who is Mrs. Kendal?
3. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
4. During Ross and Merrick's argument about returning to work together, how do the two men taunt each other?
5. How does Merrick feel about the attention he is receiving for his artistic abilities?
6. How does Merrick react to the pinheads when he first meets them?
7. How does Treves handle the process of interviewing and hiring a nurse to care for Merrick?
8. What similarity does Treves believe he shares with Merrick?
9. How is Merrick treated by the police officers on his travels back to London?
10. How does Treves describe the Elephant Man to his audience during his first lecture?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)