|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As shy and frightened.
(b) As completely inexperienced.
(c) As warm and affectionate.
(d) As competent and experienced.
2. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a seamstress.
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Crumb.
(b) Mrs. Salad.
(c) Mrs. Potato.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A boat.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
2. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Merrick treated by the police officers on his travels back to London?
2. How does Merrick react to the news that he will be allowed an indefinite stay at the hospital?
3. How does Merrick react to the news that Lord John has stolen money from him?
4. What happens when Ross attempts to negotiate Merrick's exhibition with the Belgian police?
5. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick, and what is Treves' response to the Bishop's claim?
6. How does Merrick spend the few moments directly before he dies?
7. How are the pinheads involved in Merrick's death?
8. Why does Merrick attempt to speak with Treves about the bible?
9. What does Merrick despise about married men?
10. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)