Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) Merrick turns himself in.
(b) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
2. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
3. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Sandwich?
2. What insight does Merrick have about the play "Romeo and Juliet"?
3. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
4. Who are the pinheads?
5. What does Treves tell Merrick about anesthetic and his patient who nearly didn't come out of it?
6. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick, and what is Treves' response to the Bishop's claim?
7. What happens when Treves is finally enlightened and thinks of something worthwhile that he would like to print in the letter to the editor?
8. How does Merrick respond to Ross' unexpected visit?
9. What event is happening outside of Merrick's window when a talkative nursing attendant brings Merrick his lunch upon the completion of Merrick's model church?
10. How does Treves assure that Merrick can stay in the hospital as long as he desires?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)