|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
(a) Two at a time.
(b) Three at a time.
(c) Four at a time.
(d) One at a time.
2. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A boat.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A bicycle.
3. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A church.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A face.
(d) A flower.
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
3. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
4. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similarity does Treves believe he shares with Merrick?
2. How does Mrs. Kendal feel about the model Merrick is working on?
3. What argument about faith do the BIshop and Gomm get into over Merrick's medical treatment?
4. Why does Treves think that Mrs. Kendall would be a nice addition to the team caring for Merrick?
5. How does Treves assure that Merrick can stay in the hospital as long as he desires?
6. Why is the porter fired from working at the hospital?
7. How are the pinheads treated by their manager?
8. How does Merrick sleep at night, and why?
9. During the one-on-one scene that each high society member has with the audience, what does the Princess of Wales think is the similarity between her husband and Treves?
10. What sales pitch does Ross use to entice passersby into the Elephant Man's tent?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)