|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
2. What does Treves believe has happened to Merrick as he has become more physically deformed?
(a) He has lost touch of his emotions.
(b) He has become more emotionally normal.
(c) He has lost touch of what it means to be human.
(d) He has become more emotionally deformed.
3. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
(a) He does not want Mrs. Kendal to see Merrick die.
(b) He is in love with Mrs. Kendal and wants her for himself.
(c) Mrs. Kendal has admitted to being terrified of Merrick.
(d) He does not think Merrick could emotionally handel Mrs. Kendal's return.
4. Which meal does the attendant bring to Merrick directly after he finishes his model church?
5. Which part of Merrick's name is printed incorrectly in the letter?
(a) His last name.
(b) His first name.
(c) His title.
(d) His nickname.
6. What do the pinheads urge Merrick to enter?
(a) "The love of the world".
(b) "The empire of darkness".
(c) "The eternity of man".
(d) "The only heaven we know".
7. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
(a) Purchase new medical equiptment.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Invest in the stocks.
(d) Travel around the world.
8. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(c) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(d) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
9. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A worm.
(d) A whore.
10. Which event passes in front of Merrick's window as he is visiting with the nursing attendant?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
11. What are the pinheads doing when they arrive to Merrick's bedside before he dies?
12. Who wrote the letter that was published after Merrick's death?
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Pinheads.
13. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To examine him.
(c) To befriend him.
(d) To save him.
14. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
(a) More money.
15. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is happy.
(b) If he is stupid.
(c) If he is afraid.
(d) If he is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
2. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
3. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
4. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
5. Who discovers that Merrick has died?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)