Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
(a) He will pay nothing.
(b) He will pay one hundred guineas.
(c) He will pay forty guineas.
(d) He will pay any sum demanded.
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
(a) Skin graphs.
(b) Brain surgery.
(d) Organ donation.
3. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
(a) In God.
(b) In the bible.
(c) In the church.
(d) In his fellow man.
4. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
(a) From a burning house.
(b) From an abusive mother.
(c) From a wild river.
(d) From an orphanage.
6. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
(a) Purchase new medical equiptment.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Travel around the world.
(d) Invest in the stocks.
7. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
8. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
(a) Being terribly ugly.
(b) Being a charity case.
(c) Being with a woman.
(d) Being unable to speak properly.
9. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
(a) Merrick's medical files.
(b) Words of remembrance.
(d) Funeral arrangements.
10. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
(a) A pig.
(b) A dog.
(c) A worm.
(d) A whore.
11. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
(a) Fredrick Treves.
(b) Walsham How.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
12. Who discovers that Merrick has died?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) A nurse.
13. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is afraid.
(b) That he, himself, is broke.
(c) That he, himself, is lost.
(d) That he, himself, is dying.
14. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
15. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
4. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)