Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) Merrick turns himself in.
(b) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
6. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
7. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In a supermarket.
(b) On a church doorstep.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) On the side of the road.
8. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
9. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
10. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To make more money.
11. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) Clowning in a circus.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a carnival.
12. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The symphony.
(b) The opera.
(c) The stage.
(d) The ballet.
13. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
14. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
15. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Bishop.
(d) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
2. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
3. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)