|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
(a) A savant.
(b) A genuis.
(c) A fool.
(d) An artist.
3. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(b) The train passengers.
(c) Merrick turns himself in.
(d) The train's conductor.
4. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(b) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(b) Surgically correctable.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
7. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(a) Much Ado About Nothing.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
8. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) In the hospital.
9. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
10. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
11. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Sewing his clothes.
(b) Practicing the piano.
(c) Taking a bath.
12. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Crumb.
(b) Mrs. Potato.
(c) Mrs. Salad.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
13. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
14. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
15. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In a bathtub.
(b) In the library.
(c) On the surgical table.
(d) In his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
5. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)