|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Golden Box.
(b) The King's Box.
(c) The Guilded Box.
(d) The Royal Box.
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
(a) His heart might give out.
(b) His attitude might change.
(c) His soul might pass over.
(d) His body might die.
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As completely inexperienced.
(b) As competent and experienced.
(c) As shy and frightened.
(d) As warm and affectionate.
5. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He thinks he deserves it.
(c) He does not think he deserves it.
(d) He wishes it would move faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
2. Who wrote the letter that was published after Merrick's death?
3. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
4. As Treves is weeping at the Bishop's feet, what announcement does Merrick make?
5. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)