|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing with the Bishop while Treves and Gomm are having a private discussion?
(a) Drinking tea.
(b) Working on the model.
2. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(c) Da Vinci.
3. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
4. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
(a) Walking through fog.
(b) Being trapped underwater.
(c) Sitting amongst the angels.
(d) Walking over fiery coals.
5. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gomm claim Merrick has brought to the hospital along with esteem?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
4. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)