|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
2. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His soul.
(c) His medical journals.
(d) His body.
3. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
(a) He says that he hopes Ross dies.
(b) He says that he never wants to be on display again.
(c) He says that he will ask Treves for his opinion on the matter.
(d) He says that he never wants to see Ross again.
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
(a) Become a swimmer.
(b) Become an architect.
(c) Become a pilot.
(d) Become a dancer.
5. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
3. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
4. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
5. Who wrote the letter that was published after Merrick's death?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)