|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pinheads urge Merrick to enter?
(a) "The eternity of man".
(b) "The empire of darkness".
(c) "The love of the world".
(d) "The only heaven we know".
2. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
(a) In God.
(b) In the bible.
(c) In his fellow man.
(d) In the church.
3. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The stage.
(b) The ballet.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The opera.
4. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
2. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
3. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
4. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
5. In the letter, what does Gomm thank the newspaper for?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)