|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In the library.
(b) In a bathtub.
(c) On the surgical table.
(d) In his bedroom.
2. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A mask.
(c) A mosaic.
(d) A dance.
3. In the letter, what does Gomm thank the newspaper for?
(a) Printing the letters that led to the financial donations.
(b) Giving a voice to all the disabled people in the world.
(c) Taking interest in such a lowly case as Merrick's.
(d) Supporting the hosptial, and therefore, London.
4. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Much Ado About Nothing.
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) The train's conductor.
(c) Merrick turns himself in.
(d) The train passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
2. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
4. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
5. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)