|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
2. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is broke.
(b) That he, himself, is lost.
(c) That he, himself, is dying.
(d) That he, himself, is afraid.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(a) The Bishop.
(d) The Conductor.
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The deaf unit.
(d) The comatose unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
2. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
3. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
4. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
5. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)