|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His hands.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His face.
(d) His brain.
2. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
3. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His soul.
(c) His body.
(d) His medical journals.
4. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a seamstress.
(d) She is an actress.
5. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves argue that people feel when they see themselves reflected in Merrick?
2. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
3. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
4. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
5. What are the final words of the play?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)