|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) A plastic model.
(b) Medical charts.
2. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
3. Which meal does the attendant bring to Merrick directly after he finishes his model church?
4. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(b) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(c) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(d) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
3. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
4. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
5. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)