|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word finished Treves' statement about the human condition, " To become more ________ is to die"?
2. Who does Merrick attempt to speak with about his readings in the bible?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
3. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His foolish mind.
(b) His broken heart.
(c) His spiritual anguish.
(d) His irrational fears.
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He wishes it would move faster.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
5. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
2. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
3. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Treves uses to describe Merrick in the letter?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
5. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)