|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
(a) Merrick's ability to forgive those around him.
(b) Merrick's ability to love through his hate.
(c) Merrick's ability to make money.
(d) Merrick's ability to make people feel good about themselves.
2. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
3. What is Merrick doing with the Bishop while Treves and Gomm are having a private discussion?
(a) Drinking tea.
(d) Working on the model.
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Ten guineas.
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To examine him.
(b) To save him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To befriend him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
2. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
3. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
4. To which part of the hospital will the rest of Merrick's funds be absorbed?
5. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)