|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
2. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick?
(a) He finds them boring.
(b) He finds them terrifying.
(c) He finds them troublesome.
(d) He finds them very moving.
3. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Conductor.
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To befriend him.
(b) To save him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To examine him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
2. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
3. Which part of Merrick's name is printed incorrectly in the letter?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)