|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. Whose wishes does Gomm hope to fulfill in his use of Merrick's money?
(b) The donors.
(d) The patients.
3. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His windpipe.
(b) His ribcage.
(c) His spine.
(d) His lungs.
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Nurse.
5. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) For one week only.
(b) As long as he likes.
(c) For nearly a year.
(d) For a few months, until funds run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
2. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
4. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
5. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)