|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
(a) More money.
3. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attacks the abuser.
(b) He weeps silently to himself.
(c) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(d) He ignores the abuse.
4. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man black hole.
(b) A one-man money pit.
(c) A one-man cesspool.
(d) A one-man moral swamp.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) One thousand guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
2. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
3. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
4. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
5. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)