|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
3. While Merrick is in his meeting with the Bishop, what are Gomm and Treves discussing in the next room?
(a) Merrick's death.
(b) Merrick's personal hygiene.
(c) Merrick's spirituality.
(d) Merrick's love life.
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In a supermarket.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) On a church doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
3. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
4. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
5. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)