|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) A plastic model.
(b) Medical charts.
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As shy and frightened.
(b) As completely inexperienced.
(c) As competent and experienced.
(d) As warm and affectionate.
3. What is Merrick doing with the Bishop while Treves and Gomm are having a private discussion?
(a) Working on the model.
(b) Drinking tea.
4. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
5. To which part of the hospital will the rest of Merrick's funds be absorbed?
(a) The general revenue.
(b) Food services.
(c) Outreach for the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word finished Treves' statement about the human condition, " To become more ________ is to die"?
2. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
3. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
4. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)