|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Train him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
2. Who reads Treves the letter written after Merrick's death?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
3. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She screams and runs out of the room.
(d) She gives him a hug.
4. What are the pinheads doing when they arrive to Merrick's bedside before he dies?
5. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
(a) As afraid.
(b) As angry.
(c) As intelligent.
(d) As beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general focus of the letter published after Merrick's death?
2. How do the pinheads describe the world that has been revealed to them since leaving the freak show?
3. Who does Merrick attempt to speak with about his readings in the bible?
4. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
5. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)