|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
2. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(b) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(c) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(d) To make better friends.
3. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(b) Walsham How.
(c) Fredrick Treves.
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) At a carnival.
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Nurse.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
2. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
3. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
4. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)