|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
2. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(c) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(d) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
3. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He says it was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.
(c) He says a woman's body is like a flower.
(d) He says it was not what he expected.
4. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) John Merrick.
(b) Treves' assistant.
(c) An off-stage voice.
(d) A woman in the front row.
5. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A face.
(b) A church.
(c) A flower.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
2. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
3. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
4. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)