|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
(a) Being terribly ugly.
(b) Being with a woman.
(c) Being unable to speak properly.
(d) Being a charity case.
2. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He wishes it would move faster.
(b) He does not think he deserves it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
(a) That they should be exploited for their niavite.
(b) That they shouldn't be exploited.
(c) That they are exploited just as easily as nasty men.
(d) That he has met only one "good man" during the course of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
2. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
3. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)