|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(b) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
2. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To examine him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To befriend him.
(d) To save him.
3. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
4. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
(a) The Bishop.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
2. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
3. In the dream, who does Gomm call a "good man"?
4. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
5. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)