|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
2. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Ten guineas.
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To make more money.
4. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
5. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
4. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
5. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)