|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) They look him up in the directory.
(d) From his business card.
3. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
(a) That God will make the crooked straight.
(b) That the blind will be made to see.
(c) That the meek will inherit the earth.
(d) That the poor shall become the rich.
4. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(b) With kindness.
(d) With fear.
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is terrifying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
2. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
3. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)