|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Treves reading when Merrick comes to speak with him about death?
(a) His diary.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Medical Journals.
(d) A letter from Mrs. Kendal.
2. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
3. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(b) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
4. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(b) Tea party.
(d) Opera hall.
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(b) A plastic model.
(c) Medical charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
2. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
3. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)