|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A mosaic.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A dance.
(d) A mask.
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) Stolen money.
(c) His ID.
(d) Illegal substances.
3. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(b) With fear.
(c) With kindness.
4. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
(a) His soul.
(b) His body.
(c) His medical journals.
(d) His dreams.
5. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
2. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
3. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
4. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
5. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)