|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
(b) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
(c) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(d) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
2. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(a) Lord John.
3. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(c) Da Vinci.
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Qur'an.
(d) The Bible.
5. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
(a) He says that he will ask Treves for his opinion on the matter.
(b) He says that he hopes Ross dies.
(c) He says that he never wants to be on display again.
(d) He says that he never wants to see Ross again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
3. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
5. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)