|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is stupid.
(b) If he is angry.
(c) If he is happy.
(d) If he is afraid.
2. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(a) Lord John.
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One hundred guineas.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) Ten guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
4. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
(a) He calls Treves a one-man moral swamp.
(b) He calls Treves a valuable investment.
(c) He cals Treves a black hole.
(d) He calls Treves a man of honor.
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
2. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
3. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
4. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)