|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Vedas.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Qur'an.
2. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
(a) Merrick's ability to make people feel good about themselves.
(b) Merrick's ability to make money.
(c) Merrick's ability to love through his hate.
(d) Merrick's ability to forgive those around him.
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A boat.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) An airplane.
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Sandwich.
(b) Mrs. Salad.
(c) Mrs. Crumb.
(d) Mrs. Potato.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
2. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
3. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
5. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)