|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He wishes it would move faster.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
2. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(a) Tea party.
(c) Opera hall.
3. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is apologetic.
(d) He is amused.
4. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The King's Box.
(b) The Royal Box.
(c) The Guilded Box.
(d) The Golden Box.
5. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is slowly improving.
(b) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(c) It is worsening.
(d) It is staying about the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
2. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
5. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)