|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man cesspool.
(b) A one-man moral swamp.
(c) A one-man black hole.
(d) A one-man money pit.
2. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
(a) Merrick's ability to make money.
(b) Merrick's ability to forgive those around him.
(c) Merrick's ability to love through his hate.
(d) Merrick's ability to make people feel good about themselves.
3. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
4. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
(a) That they could have children.
(b) That they do not have to sleep alone.
(c) That they can look at a woman every day.
(d) That they will always have homecooked dinners.
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
4. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
5. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)