|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
(b) The Bishop.
2. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
(d) The Bishop.
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(b) She screams and runs out of the room.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She sits and stares at him silently.
5. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A boat.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
2. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
4. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)