|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
2. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
5. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(b) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(c) Because he completes it with only one hand.
(d) Because he is almost blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
2. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
3. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
5. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)