|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(a) Da Vinci.
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) His ID.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) Illegal substances.
3. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
(d) The Bishop.
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His hands.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His face.
(d) His brain.
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
2. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
3. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
4. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
5. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)