|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apologetic.
2. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
3. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
(a) An artist.
(b) A savant.
(c) A fool.
(d) A genuis.
4. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
(a) Being unable to speak properly.
(b) Being a charity case.
(c) Being with a woman.
(d) Being terribly ugly.
5. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man moral swamp.
(b) A one-man money pit.
(c) A one-man black hole.
(d) A one-man cesspool.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
3. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
5. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)