|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is verbally and physically abused.
(c) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(d) He is ignored completely.
2. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
(a) That the poor shall become the rich.
(b) That the blind will be made to see.
(c) That the meek will inherit the earth.
(d) That God will make the crooked straight.
3. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His hands.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His brain.
(d) His face.
4. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A wood carving.
(b) A marble sculpture.
(c) A painting.
(d) A drawing.
5. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
2. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
4. What is Treves reading when Merrick comes to speak with him about death?
5. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)