|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
(b) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(c) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
(d) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The neighborhood association.
(c) The other traveling acts.
(d) The police.
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Potato.
4. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His rugby skills.
(b) His academic knowledge.
(c) His patience.
(d) His wealth.
5. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(a) Opera hall.
(c) Tea party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
4. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)