|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In a church bulletin.
(d) Over the radio.
2. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is scolded.
(c) He is given a raise.
(d) He is fired.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(c) Lord John.
4. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(a) His ID.
(c) Illegal substances.
(d) Stolen money.
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Vedas.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
4. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
5. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)