|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
2. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(b) Much Ado About Nothing.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
3. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(b) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(c) Because he is almost blind.
(d) Because he completes it with only one hand.
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He wishes it would move faster.
(b) He does not think he deserves it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
5. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His brain.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His hands.
(d) His face.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ross taunt Merrick when he knows he has lost the debate with him?
2. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
3. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
5. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)