|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(b) Lord John.
2. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
(a) That God will make the crooked straight.
(b) That the meek will inherit the earth.
(c) That the blind will be made to see.
(d) That the poor shall become the rich.
3. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
(a) He rejects all of them.
(b) He divides the list into two groups - the ones he would like to see and the ones he is not interested in.
(c) He is embarrassed at the suggestion.
(d) He decides to meet them all, one by one.
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The police.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The schools.
(d) The neighborhood association.
5. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is equally as lonely.
(b) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
(c) Because she is blind.
(d) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
2. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
3. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
4. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)