|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His right leg.
(b) All ten of his toes.
(c) All ten of his fingers.
(d) His left arm.
2. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
(a) He does not think Merrick could emotionally handel Mrs. Kendal's return.
(b) Mrs. Kendal has admitted to being terrified of Merrick.
(c) He does not want Mrs. Kendal to see Merrick die.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Kendal and wants her for himself.
3. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His spine.
(b) His ribcage.
(c) His lungs.
(d) His windpipe.
4. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
(a) Treves is unaware of the hard work that comes with rearing Merrick.
(b) Treves is using Merrick, and treating him like a dog.
(c) Treves is receiving all the benefits of Merrick's health.
(d) Merrick does not want to live with Treves, but return to life with Ross.
5. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
(a) Because he beat him.
(b) Because he robbed him.
(c) Because he humiliated him.
(d) Because he was too kind to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
2. With whom does Treves think it is important for Merrick to form relationships?
3. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
5. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)