|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He thinks he deserves it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He wishes it would move faster.
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
3. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His right leg.
(b) All ten of his fingers.
(c) His left arm.
(d) All ten of his toes.
5. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man black hole.
(b) A one-man moral swamp.
(c) A one-man money pit.
(d) A one-man cesspool.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
2. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
4. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
5. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)