|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is happy.
(b) If he is stupid.
(c) If he is afraid.
(d) If he is angry.
2. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
3. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A marble sculpture.
(b) A painting.
(c) A wood carving.
(d) A drawing.
4. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
(a) A savant.
(b) A genuis.
(c) An artist.
(d) A fool.
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) Merrick turns himself in.
(c) The train's conductor.
(d) The train passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
3. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)