|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Much Ado About Nothing.
3. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(d) Da Vinci.
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) From his business card.
(d) They look him up in the directory.
5. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
(a) That he and Treves have joint control over Merrick's future.
(b) That he and Merrick work together once again.
(c) That he and Merrick move in together.
(d) That he and Treves start a new freak show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
2. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
3. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
4. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)