|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His rugby skills.
(c) His academic knowledge.
(d) His patience.
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
3. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A mosaic.
(b) A dance.
(c) A mask.
(d) An illusion.
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(c) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(d) From his business card.
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is terrifying.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
2. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
3. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
5. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)