|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A flower.
(b) A church.
(c) A face.
(d) An eagle.
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Sandwich.
(c) Mrs. Crumb.
(d) Mrs. Potato.
3. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
4. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
(a) Walking through fog.
(b) Sitting amongst the angels.
(c) Being trapped underwater.
(d) Walking over fiery coals.
5. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
(a) That God will make the crooked straight.
(b) That the blind will be made to see.
(c) That the poor shall become the rich.
(d) That the meek will inherit the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
2. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
3. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
4. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)