|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
(a) That he and Treves start a new freak show.
(b) That he and Merrick work together once again.
(c) That he and Merrick move in together.
(d) That he and Treves have joint control over Merrick's future.
2. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man money pit.
(b) A one-man cesspool.
(c) A one-man moral swamp.
(d) A one-man black hole.
3. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
4. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A mosaic.
(b) A dance.
(c) A mask.
(d) An illusion.
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(b) He attacks the abuser.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He weeps silently to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
2. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
3. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
5. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)