|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
(a) He says a woman's body is like a flower.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He says it was not what he expected.
(d) He says it was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Princess of Wales.
(d) The King of Scotland.
3. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
(b) The Bishop.
4. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make it as normal as possible.
(c) Make him a lot of money.
(d) Make him the strongest man in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
2. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)