|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(c) With fear.
(d) With kindness.
2. What does Ross say he admires most about Merrick?
(a) Merrick's ability to forgive those around him.
(b) Merrick's ability to make people feel good about themselves.
(c) Merrick's ability to love through his hate.
(d) Merrick's ability to make money.
3. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Kendal has admitted to being terrified of Merrick.
(b) He does not think Merrick could emotionally handel Mrs. Kendal's return.
(c) He is in love with Mrs. Kendal and wants her for himself.
(d) He does not want Mrs. Kendal to see Merrick die.
4. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His academic knowledge.
(c) His patience.
(d) His rugby skills.
5. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Guy.
(b) That Elephant Bloke.
(c) That Elephant Thing.
(d) The Elephant Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
2. With whom does Treves think it is important for Merrick to form relationships?
3. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)