|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Nurse.
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The King of Scotland.
(b) The Queen Mother.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The Princess of Wales.
3. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
(a) A whore.
(b) A worm.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
4. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is broke.
(b) That he, himself, is dying.
(c) That he, himself, is lost.
(d) That he, himself, is afraid.
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(c) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
3. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
4. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)