|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is broke.
(b) That he, himself, is dying.
(c) That he, himself, is lost.
(d) That he, himself, is afraid.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The deaf unit.
(b) The comatose unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
3. What reason does Treves give the audience for not wanting Mrs. Kendal to return to the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Kendal has admitted to being terrified of Merrick.
(b) He does not want Mrs. Kendal to see Merrick die.
(c) He does not think Merrick could emotionally handel Mrs. Kendal's return.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Kendal and wants her for himself.
4. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is worsening.
(b) It is slowly improving.
(c) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(d) It is staying about the same.
5. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
3. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
4. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
5. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)