|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He wishes it would move faster.
(b) He thinks he deserves it.
(c) He does not think he deserves it.
(d) He does not understand it.
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) From his business card.
(c) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(d) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
3. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Much Ado About Nothing.
4. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
(a) That he, himself, is dying.
(b) That he, himself, is lost.
(c) That he, himself, is afraid.
(d) That he, himself, is broke.
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(b) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(c) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(d) To make better friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
3. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
4. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
5. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)