|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(a) Lord John.
2. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A painting.
(b) A wood carving.
(c) A marble sculpture.
(d) A drawing.
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
4. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is equally as lonely.
(b) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(c) Because she is blind.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
5. What maddens Merrick about some married men?
(a) The fact that some men also take mistresses.
(b) The fact that some beat their wives.
(c) The fact that some are stingy with their money.
(d) The fact that some are alcoholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
2. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
3. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
4. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)