|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(b) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(c) Because he is almost blind.
(d) Because he completes it with only one hand.
2. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A marble sculpture.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A wood carving.
(d) A painting.
3. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
(a) He says it was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.
(b) He says it was not what he expected.
(c) He says a woman's body is like a flower.
(d) He says nothing.
4. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
(a) He says that he hopes Ross dies.
(b) He says that he never wants to see Ross again.
(c) He says that he will ask Treves for his opinion on the matter.
(d) He says that he never wants to be on display again.
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His left arm.
(b) His right leg.
(c) All ten of his fingers.
(d) All ten of his toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
3. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)