|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(b) He ignores the abuse.
(c) He weeps silently to himself.
(d) He attacks the abuser.
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) Merrick turns himself in.
(b) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
3. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(b) Because he is almost blind.
(c) Because he completes it with only one hand.
(d) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His own salary.
(b) The hospital's reputation.
(c) His list of patients.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
5. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(b) It is staying about the same.
(c) It is slowly improving.
(d) It is worsening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)