|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make it as normal as possible.
(c) Make him a lot of money.
(d) Make him the strongest man in the world.
4. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
(a) That they will always have homecooked dinners.
(b) That they can look at a woman every day.
(c) That they do not have to sleep alone.
(d) That they could have children.
5. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is apologetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
2. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
3. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)