|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
(a) That Mrs. Kendal views him as a failure.
(b) That Treves is disappointed in him.
(c) That he will no longer be able to stay in the hospital.
(d) That his high society friends will no longer love him.
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As shy and frightened.
(b) As warm and affectionate.
(c) As competent and experienced.
(d) As completely inexperienced.
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) Illegal substances.
(c) His ID.
(d) Stolen money.
4. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(b) Make it as normal as possible.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make him a lot of money.
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his fingers.
(b) His right leg.
(c) All ten of his toes.
(d) His left arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
2. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
3. What does Merrick read in the bible that makes him excited to die?
4. When visiting Merrick in the hospital, what does Ross propose?
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)