|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Train him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Kill him.
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) At a freak show.
(d) At a carnival.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To make more money.
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(b) A plastic model.
(c) Medical charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
2. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
5. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)