|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
3. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Qur'an.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Vedas.
4. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
5. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(d) To look at Merrick's deformities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
2. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
3. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
4. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)