|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
2. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
3. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him a lot of money.
(c) Make it as normal as possible.
(d) Make him the strongest man in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
4. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)