|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is verbally and physically abused.
(c) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(d) He is ignored completely.
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is boring.
3. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With kindness.
(d) With fear.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
5. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A flower.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A church.
(d) A face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
2. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
4. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)