|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is immoral.
2. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A boat.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A bicycle.
3. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The Princess of Wales.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The King of Scotland.
4. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is equally as lonely.
(b) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(c) Because she is blind.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In a supermarket.
(d) On a church doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
4. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
5. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)