|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
2. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) On the surgical table.
(d) In a bathtub.
3. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(d) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
4. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
5. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is professional.
(d) He is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
3. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
4. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)