|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) From his business card.
(c) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(d) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
3. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(b) Surgically correctable.
4. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) For a few months, until funds run out.
(b) For one week only.
(c) For nearly a year.
(d) As long as he likes.
5. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
5. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)