|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) His ID.
(c) Illegal substances.
(d) Stolen money.
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Through word of mouth.
(b) In a church bulletin.
(c) Over the radio.
(d) In the newspaper.
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(c) He is verbally and physically abused.
(d) He is ignored completely.
5. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
(a) Three at a time.
(b) One at a time.
(c) Two at a time.
(d) Four at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Treves think it is important for Merrick to form relationships?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
3. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
4. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)