|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His face.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His hands.
(d) His brain.
2. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(b) The Conductor.
(c) The Bishop.
4. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
(b) Because she is blind.
(c) Because she is equally as lonely.
(d) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
5. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
2. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
3. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)