|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The comatose unit.
(d) The deaf unit.
2. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) That Elephant Thing.
(b) That Elephant Bloke.
(c) The Elephant Man.
(d) The Elephant Guy.
3. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His hands.
(b) His brain.
(c) His genitals.
(d) His face.
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him a lot of money.
(b) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make it as normal as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
4. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)