|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
2. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(b) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
3. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
4. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His spiritual anguish.
(b) His irrational fears.
(c) His broken heart.
(d) His foolish mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
2. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
3. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)