|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Qur'an.
(b) The Vedas.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Fifty guineas.
(d) One hundred guineas.
4. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(b) Because he completes it with only one hand.
(c) Because he is almost blind.
(d) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
5. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
2. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
5. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)