|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
(a) A model airplane.
(b) A model castle.
(c) A model church.
(d) A model car.
2. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The stage.
(b) The symphony.
(c) The ballet.
(d) The opera.
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Ten guineas.
4. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
(a) He was a teenager.
(b) He was in utero.
(c) He was an infant.
(d) He was a toddler.
5. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) At a freak show.
(d) At a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
2. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)