|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) Clowning in a circus.
(b) At a carnival.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a freak show.
2. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
(a) A model car.
(b) A model church.
(c) A model castle.
(d) A model airplane.
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He wishes it would move faster.
(b) He thinks he deserves it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He does not think he deserves it.
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One hundred guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Fifty guineas.
(d) One thousand guineas.
5. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(b) From his business card.
(c) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(d) They look him up in the directory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
3. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)