|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The comatose unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The deaf unit.
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make it as normal as possible.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(d) Make him a lot of money.
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He wishes it would move faster.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
2. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
3. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
4. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
5. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)