|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A mosaic.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A mask.
(d) A dance.
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The police.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The neighborhood association.
(d) The schools.
3. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
4. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The King of Scotland.
(b) The Princess of Wales.
(c) The Queen Mother.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
5. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
3. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)