|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Train him.
(d) Kill him.
2. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) On a church doorstep.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In a supermarket.
3. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
2. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
3. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
4. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
5. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)