|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
2. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
(a) He was an infant.
(b) He was a toddler.
(c) He was in utero.
(d) He was a teenager.
3. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The ballet.
(b) The opera.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The stage.
4. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She screams and runs out of the room.
(d) She sits and stares at him silently.
5. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) They look him up in the directory.
(d) From his business card.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
2. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
3. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
4. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)