|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The Princess of Wales.
(c) The King of Scotland.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
(a) A model airplane.
(b) A model car.
(c) A model castle.
(d) A model church.
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is verbally and physically abused.
(d) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
2. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)