|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
(a) Thirty-eight pounds.
(b) Fifty-eight pounds.
(c) Forty-eight pounds.
(d) Twenty-eight pounds.
2. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To make more money.
4. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In a bathtub.
(c) In the library.
(d) On the surgical table.
5. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A dance.
(b) A mosaic.
(c) An illusion.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
3. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
4. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
5. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)