|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The comatose unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The deaf unit.
3. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Train him.
(d) Kill him.
4. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is professional.
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his fingers.
(b) All ten of his toes.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
2. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
3. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
5. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)