|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To get an education.
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) In the hospital.
3. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(b) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
(d) Merrick turns himself in.
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) In a church bulletin.
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
5. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)