|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Torah.
2. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
3. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(b) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a freak show.
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
2. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
4. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)