|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(d) Surgically correctable.
2. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) The hospital's reputation.
(b) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
(c) His list of patients.
(d) His own salary.
3. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(b) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(c) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(d) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a freak show.
5. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
2. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
3. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
4. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)