|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
2. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Sewing his clothes.
(b) Practicing the piano.
(d) Taking a bath.
3. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
(b) Because she is blind.
(c) Because she is equally as lonely.
(d) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
4. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Crumb.
(b) Mrs. Salad.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Potato.
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
2. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)