|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(c) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(d) He gives it all back to Merrick.
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
4. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(c) Surgically correctable.
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His right leg.
(b) All ten of his toes.
(c) All ten of his fingers.
(d) His left arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
4. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)