|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
3. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his fingers.
(b) All ten of his toes.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His left arm.
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A boat.
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is verbally and physically abused.
(b) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(c) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(d) He is ignored completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
2. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
3. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
4. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)