|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His broken heart.
(b) His spiritual anguish.
(c) His foolish mind.
(d) His irrational fears.
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The police.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The schools.
(d) The neighborhood association.
3. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(b) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(c) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(d) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
4. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
5. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A lion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A camel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
3. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
4. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)