|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The Bishop.
2. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Sewing his clothes.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Practicing the piano.
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) On the surgical table.
(d) In a bathtub.
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is disgusting.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it is terrifying.
(d) That it is boring.
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) A plastic model.
(b) Medical charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
4. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
5. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)