|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
2. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
5. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
(b) Because she is blind.
(c) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(d) Because she is equally as lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)