|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
(a) He begins to smile.
(b) He begins to sob.
(c) He begins to laugh.
(d) He begins to shout.
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) Illegal substances.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) His ID.
4. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) On the surgical table.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the library.
(d) In a bathtub.
5. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His hands.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His brain.
(d) His face.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Treves think it is important for Merrick to form relationships?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
4. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
5. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)