|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(b) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(c) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
2. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A face.
(b) A church.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A flower.
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) In a church bulletin.
(d) Through word of mouth.
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In a supermarket.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On a church doorstep.
(d) On the side of the road.
5. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
3. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
4. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
5. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)