|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Potato.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The deaf unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The amputee unit.
(d) The comatose unit.
4. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Leave him.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)