|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His brain.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His face.
(d) His hands.
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To get an education.
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(a) Illegal substances.
(c) His ID.
(d) Stolen money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
2. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
3. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
4. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)