|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She screams and runs out of the room.
(d) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) At a carnival.
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) His ID.
(c) Illegal substances.
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(c) From his business card.
(d) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In a church bulletin.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) Over the radio.
(d) Through word of mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)