|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Ten guineas.
2. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A marble sculpture.
(b) A painting.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A wood carving.
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Practicing the piano.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his fingers.
(b) His left arm.
(c) All ten of his toes.
(d) His right leg.
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(c) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(d) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
2. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
3. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
4. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)