|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
(a) He begins to shout.
(b) He begins to smile.
(c) He begins to laugh.
(d) He begins to sob.
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A boat.
(d) A taxi.
4. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
5. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
(b) Much Ado About Nothing.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
3. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
4. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
5. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)