|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(c) Surgically correctable.
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him a lot of money.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(d) Make it as normal as possible.
4. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a seamstress.
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
2. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
3. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
4. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
5. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)