|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make it as normal as possible.
(d) Make him a lot of money.
2. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With kindness.
(d) With fear.
3. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(b) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(c) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(d) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As completely inexperienced.
(b) As warm and affectionate.
(c) As shy and frightened.
(d) As competent and experienced.
5. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
2. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
5. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)