|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Potato.
(c) Mrs. Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Crumb.
2. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a seamstress.
(d) She is a nurse.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
4. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)