|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) Illegal substances.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) His ID.
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(c) Surgically correctable.
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The other traveling acts.
(b) The neighborhood association.
(c) The schools.
(d) The police.
5. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
2. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)