|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His brain.
(b) His genitals.
(c) His hands.
(d) His face.
2. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is terrifying.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is immoral.
4. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His right leg.
(b) His left arm.
(c) All ten of his fingers.
(d) All ten of his toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
2. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
4. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)