|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In the library.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) On the surgical table.
(d) In a bathtub.
2. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is given a raise.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is scolded.
3. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A dance.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A mosaic.
(d) A mask.
4. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
5. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(d) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
3. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)