|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him a lot of money.
(b) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make it as normal as possible.
2. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Nurse.
(c) The Bishop.
3. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) From his business card.
(b) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(c) They look him up in the directory.
(d) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is verbally and physically abused.
(d) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
2. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
4. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
5. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)