|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His spiritual anguish.
(b) His foolish mind.
(c) His broken heart.
(d) His irrational fears.
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Potato.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Salad.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
5. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In the library.
(b) In a bathtub.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) On the surgical table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
2. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
3. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
4. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
5. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)