|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The deaf unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The comatose unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
3. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) As long as he likes.
(b) For nearly a year.
(c) For one week only.
(d) For a few months, until funds run out.
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A boat.
(d) A bicycle.
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is boring.
(d) That it is terrifying.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
2. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
3. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)