|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(b) He attacks the abuser.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He weeps silently to himself.
2. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In a bathtub.
(b) On the surgical table.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the library.
5. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(b) Practicing the piano.
(c) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Taking a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
3. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
4. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)