|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His own salary.
(b) His list of patients.
(c) The hospital's reputation.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
2. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attacks the abuser.
(b) He weeps silently to himself.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He attempts to comfort the victims.
3. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is given a raise.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is scolded.
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A taxi.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A boat.
5. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
2. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
4. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)