|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is scolded.
(d) He is given a raise.
2. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) In a church bulletin.
3. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
4. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Train him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Help him.
5. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
2. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
3. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
4. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)