|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is scolded.
(d) He is given a raise.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The blind unit.
(b) The deaf unit.
(c) The comatose unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
3. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His own salary.
(b) The hospital's reputation.
(c) His list of patients.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Nurse.
5. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(b) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(c) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(d) To look at Merrick's deformities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)