|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(b) The train's conductor.
(c) Merrick turns himself in.
(d) The train passengers.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The comatose unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The deaf unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
3. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his toes.
(b) All ten of his fingers.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His left arm.
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)