|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make it as normal as possible.
(b) Make him a lot of money.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make him the strongest man in the world.
2. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His own salary.
(b) His list of patients.
(c) The hospital's reputation.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
3. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) Surgically correctable.
4. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(b) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(c) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(d) He gives it all back to Merrick.
5. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
2. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
3. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)