|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) From his business card.
(b) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
(c) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(d) They look him up in the directory.
3. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He weeps silently to himself.
(b) He attacks the abuser.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He attempts to comfort the victims.
4. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(c) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(d) To look at Merrick's deformities.
5. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(b) With kindness.
(d) With fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
2. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)