|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At a carnival.
(c) At a freak show.
(d) Clowning in a circus.
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) On the surgical table.
(c) In the library.
(d) In a bathtub.
4. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Sandwich.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Salad.
(d) Mrs. Potato.
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
2. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)