|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(b) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Taking a bath.
2. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He weeps silently to himself.
(b) He ignores the abuse.
(c) He attacks the abuser.
(d) He attempts to comfort the victims.
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Vedas.
5. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As competent and experienced.
(b) As completely inexperienced.
(c) As warm and affectionate.
(d) As shy and frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
3. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)