|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attacks the abuser.
(b) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He weeps silently to himself.
2. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
3. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) An off-stage voice.
(b) John Merrick.
(c) Treves' assistant.
(d) A woman in the front row.
4. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
5. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
3. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
4. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)