|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) An off-stage voice.
(b) A woman in the front row.
(c) Treves' assistant.
(d) John Merrick.
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
(d) Merrick turns himself in.
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
5. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a freak show.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) At a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
2. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
3. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
4. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
5. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)