|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Sewing his clothes.
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is verbally and physically abused.
(d) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His spiritual anguish.
(b) His broken heart.
(c) His foolish mind.
(d) His irrational fears.
5. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
2. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
3. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)