|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As warm and affectionate.
(b) As shy and frightened.
(c) As completely inexperienced.
(d) As competent and experienced.
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To find a wife.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) One hundred guineas.
(c) Ten guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
2. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
3. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)