|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The Bishop.
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) From his business card.
(d) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
3. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
4. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(b) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(c) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(d) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
5. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)