|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
2. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Train him.
3. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is curable.
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is immoral.
(b) That it is terrifying.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is boring.
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She screams and runs out of the room.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
5. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)