|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(d) To look at Merrick's deformities.
3. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is terrifying.
(d) That it is immoral.
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His foolish mind.
(b) His spiritual anguish.
(c) His irrational fears.
(d) His broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
2. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
3. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)