|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His broken heart.
(b) His irrational fears.
(c) His spiritual anguish.
(d) His foolish mind.
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To make more money.
5. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
2. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
3. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)