|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To get an education.
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is terrifying.
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
Short Answer Questions
1. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
3. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
4. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
5. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)