|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The police.
(c) The neighborhood association.
(d) The other traveling acts.
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A taxi.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A boat.
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His own salary.
(b) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
(c) His list of patients.
(d) The hospital's reputation.
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
3. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
4. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)