|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To find a wife.
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) A plastic model.
(b) Medical charts.
3. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
4. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) John Merrick.
(b) An off-stage voice.
(c) A woman in the front row.
(d) Treves' assistant.
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Train him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
2. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
4. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
5. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)