|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The neighborhood association.
(c) The other traveling acts.
(d) The police.
3. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a freak show.
(b) At a carnival.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Clowning in a circus.
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his toes.
(b) His left arm.
(c) All ten of his fingers.
(d) His right leg.
5. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With fear.
(c) With kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
2. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
3. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
5. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)