|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) They look him up in the directory.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) From his business card.
(d) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) All ten of his fingers.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His right leg.
(d) All ten of his toes.
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His broken heart.
(b) His spiritual anguish.
(c) His foolish mind.
(d) His irrational fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
3. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
5. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)