|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(b) They look him up in the directory.
(c) From his business card.
(d) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
2. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His left arm.
(b) All ten of his fingers.
(c) His right leg.
(d) All ten of his toes.
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With kindness.
(d) With fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
3. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
4. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
5. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)