|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is verbally and physically abused.
(c) He is ignored completely.
(d) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) One thousand guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
2. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
5. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)