|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
2. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Help him.
3. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
(a) Forty-eight pounds.
(b) Twenty-eight pounds.
(c) Thirty-eight pounds.
(d) Fifty-eight pounds.
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(b) He is verbally and physically abused.
(c) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(d) He is ignored completely.
5. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(d) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
3. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)