|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To get an education.
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He ignores the abuse.
(b) He attacks the abuser.
(c) He weeps silently to himself.
(d) He attempts to comfort the victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
2. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
4. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)