|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A boat.
2. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With fear.
(d) With kindness.
3. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
4. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
2. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
3. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
4. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
5. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)