|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is verbally and physically abused.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(d) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
2. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
3. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
4. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
2. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
3. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
5. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)