|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attacks the abuser.
(b) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(c) He weeps silently to himself.
(d) He ignores the abuse.
2. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
3. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
4. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(c) A plastic model.
(d) Medical charts.
5. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(c) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
(d) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
2. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
3. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
4. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)