|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) Surgically correctable.
2. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
3. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) Treves' assistant.
(b) A woman in the front row.
(c) John Merrick.
(d) An off-stage voice.
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(c) He is ignored completely.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
2. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
3. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)