|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is disgusting.
3. How do Ross and Merrick part ways for the final time?
(a) Ross is jailed for abusing Merrick.
(b) Ross abandons Merrick in the streets.
(c) Merrick decides to quit the freak show business.
(d) Ross and Merrick part ways amicably.
4. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(b) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(c) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(d) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
5. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
2. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)