Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(b) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(c) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The King of Scotland.
(c) The Princess of Wales.
(d) The Queen Mother.
3. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
5. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A boat.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
2. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
3. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
4. Which of the following Shakespearean plays is Mrs. Kendal performing in during the time she first meets Merrick?
5. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)