|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) Merrick turns himself in.
(b) The train passengers.
(c) The train's conductor.
2. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
3. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
4. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
(a) He splits it evenly with Merrick, fifty-fifty.
(b) He gives it all back to Merrick.
(c) He gives Merrick a small sum and steals the rest.
(d) He steals all of it, leaving Merrick with nothing.
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To get an education.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)