Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
2. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She screams and runs out of the room.
(d) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
3. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The neighborhood association.
(c) The other traveling acts.
(d) The police.
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it is boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
2. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
5. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)