|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merrick say that he cannot forgive Ross?
(a) Because he was too kind to him.
(b) Because he beat him.
(c) Because he robbed him.
(d) Because he humiliated him.
2. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
3. How does Treves react when he sees Mrs. Kendal nude in Merrick's room?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is apologetic.
(d) He is outraged.
4. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
5. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
(a) If he is afraid.
(b) If he is stupid.
(c) If he is happy.
(d) If he is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
2. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
3. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
4. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
5. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)