|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
(a) He decides to meet them all, one by one.
(b) He is embarrassed at the suggestion.
(c) He divides the list into two groups - the ones he would like to see and the ones he is not interested in.
(d) He rejects all of them.
3. When Merrick was a child, from where did Ross rescue him?
(a) From an abusive mother.
(b) From a wild river.
(c) From an orphanage.
(d) From a burning house.
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He wishes it would move faster.
(c) He does not think he deserves it.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
5. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(a) Tea party.
(b) Opera hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
2. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
3. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)