|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(a) The Conductor.
(d) The Bishop.
2. What does Treves argue is the attractive element of Merrick's character?
(a) That he is so intelligent and unafraid to voice his opinions.
(b) That he is unafraid of death.
(c) That he is so grateful to be treated like a human being.
(d) That he able to see the good in all of humanity.
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is equally as lonely.
(b) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(c) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
(d) Because she is blind.
5. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is boring.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it is terrifying.
(d) That it is disgusting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick?
2. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
3. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
4. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
5. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)