|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
(a) He rejects all of them.
(b) He is embarrassed at the suggestion.
(c) He decides to meet them all, one by one.
(d) He divides the list into two groups - the ones he would like to see and the ones he is not interested in.
2. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He thinks he deserves it.
(d) He wishes it would move faster.
3. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(b) Opera hall.
(c) Tea party.
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As warm and affectionate.
(b) As completely inexperienced.
(c) As competent and experienced.
(d) As shy and frightened.
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She screams and runs out of the room.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(d) She sits and stares at him silently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
2. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
4. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
5. After his argument with Merrick, what does Ross confess to him?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)