|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word finished Treves' statement about the human condition, " To become more ________ is to die"?
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a freak show.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) Clowning in a circus.
(d) At a carnival.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(d) Lord John.
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
(a) Become an architect.
(b) Become a pilot.
(c) Become a swimmer.
(d) Become a dancer.
5. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
3. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
4. What does Treves believe has happened to Merrick as he has become more physically deformed?
5. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)