|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(b) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
(c) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
(d) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
2. Which word finished Treves' statement about the human condition, " To become more ________ is to die"?
3. While Merrick is in his meeting with the Bishop, what are Gomm and Treves discussing in the next room?
(a) Merrick's death.
(b) Merrick's personal hygiene.
(c) Merrick's love life.
(d) Merrick's spirituality.
4. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(d) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
5. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(b) To make better friends.
(c) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(d) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves bitterly state might happen to Merrick while he is in his meeting with the Bishop?
2. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
3. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
5. What did Treves' patient, who had a near death experience, tell her "heaven" was like?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)