|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is worsening.
(b) It is staying about the same.
(c) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(d) It is slowly improving.
2. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
(a) Become a dancer.
(b) Become a pilot.
(c) Become an architect.
(d) Become a swimmer.
3. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
(a) As beautiful.
(b) As angry.
(c) As intelligent.
(d) As afraid.
4. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His spine.
(b) His windpipe.
(c) His ribcage.
(d) His lungs.
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The comatose unit.
(b) The deaf unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
2. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
3. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
4. Which of the following characters is knighted in the course of the play?
5. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)