|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
2. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He ignores the abuse.
(b) He weeps silently to himself.
(c) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(d) He attacks the abuser.
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not think he deserves it.
(b) He thinks he deserves it.
(c) He wishes it would move faster.
(d) He does not understand it.
4. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
(a) He begins to shout.
(b) He begins to smile.
(c) He begins to sob.
(d) He begins to laugh.
5. What does Ross think is unfair about the fact that Merrick is living with Treves?
(a) Merrick does not want to live with Treves, but return to life with Ross.
(b) Treves is using Merrick, and treating him like a dog.
(c) Treves is receiving all the benefits of Merrick's health.
(d) Treves is unaware of the hard work that comes with rearing Merrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
3. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
4. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
5. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)