|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His academic knowledge.
(b) His patience.
(c) His rugby skills.
(d) His wealth.
2. When Ross visits Merrick in the hospital, what does he ask him for?
(b) More money.
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(d) To get an education.
4. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) On the surgical table.
(b) In a bathtub.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the library.
5. How does Merrick respond to Ross' proposal?
(a) He says that he hopes Ross dies.
(b) He says that he will ask Treves for his opinion on the matter.
(c) He says that he never wants to see Ross again.
(d) He says that he never wants to be on display again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
3. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
4. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
5. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)