|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
(a) He tells Merrick that any woman would be lucky to have him.
(b) He tells Merrick that he will help any way he can.
(c) He tells Merrick that women will be afraid of him.
(d) He tells Merrick to forget about such foolish ideas.
2. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(c) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(d) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
3. How do the pinheads describe the world that has been revealed to them since leaving the freak show?
(a) As terrifying.
(b) As indecent.
(c) As full of sorrow.
(d) As glorious.
4. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
5. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Guilded Box.
(b) The Golden Box.
(c) The King's Box.
(d) The Royal Box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
2. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
3. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
4. During his argument with Treves, what word does Merrick constantly ask the definition of?
5. During his argument with Merrick, what does Treves repeatedly ask him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)