|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(b) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(c) Because he is almost blind.
(d) Because he completes it with only one hand.
2. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
3. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
4. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The King of Scotland.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The Princess of Wales.
(d) The Queen Mother.
5. How does the Bishop feel about his prayer sessions with Merrick?
(a) He finds them troublesome.
(b) He finds them terrifying.
(c) He finds them very moving.
(d) He finds them boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
3. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
4. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
5. What does Merrick say to Treves about Mrs. Kendal's nudity after she leaves the hospital?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)