|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The neighborhood association.
(c) The police.
(d) The other traveling acts.
2. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His patience.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His rugby skills.
(d) His academic knowledge.
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is immoral.
(c) That it is disgusting.
(d) That it is boring.
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His list of patients.
(b) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
(c) His own salary.
(d) The hospital's reputation.
5. Where does the Bishop suggest Treves look for comfort in his confusions about his profession?
(a) In the bible.
(b) In God.
(c) In the church.
(d) In his fellow man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meal does the attendant bring to Merrick directly after he finishes his model church?
2. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
3. What new medical advance is Treves obsessed with gaining an edge on?
4. During Ross' visit, what does Merrick compare himself to?
5. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)