|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(b) Taking a bath.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
2. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
(a) That it is terrifying.
(b) That it is disgusting.
(c) That it is boring.
(d) That it is immoral.
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In a church bulletin.
(b) Over the radio.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Through word of mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
3. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
4. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)