|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) For one week only.
(b) For nearly a year.
(c) As long as he likes.
(d) For a few months, until funds run out.
2. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A boat.
(d) A taxi.
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To leave the "freak-show" business.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To find a wife.
4. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His foolish mind.
(b) His spiritual anguish.
(c) His irrational fears.
(d) His broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)