|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Practicing the piano.
(c) Sewing his clothes.
2. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
3. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) On a church doorstep.
(d) In a supermarket.
4. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He weeps silently to himself.
(b) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(c) He ignores the abuse.
(d) He attacks the abuser.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
2. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)