|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On a church doorstep.
(b) In a supermarket.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In an orphanage.
2. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
4. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
(d) Surgically correctable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
2. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
3. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)