|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
(b) The hospital's reputation.
(c) His own salary.
(d) His list of patients.
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Crumb.
(b) Mrs. Salad.
(c) Mrs. Potato.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(b) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(c) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(d) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
2. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
3. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
4. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)