|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
(a) John Merrick.
(b) Treves' assistant.
(c) A woman in the front row.
(d) An off-stage voice.
2. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(b) She screams and runs out of the room.
(c) She sits and stares at him silently.
(d) She gives him a hug.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Potato.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
2. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
3. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
5. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)