|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
3. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On a church doorstep.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) In a supermarket.
(d) In an orphanage.
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Nurse.
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The deaf unit.
(d) The comatose unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)