|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
2. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) At a carnival.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a freak show.
3. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
(b) The hospital's reputation.
(c) His list of patients.
(d) His own salary.
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make it as normal as possible.
(b) Make him a lot of money.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Make him the strongest man in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
3. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)