|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(b) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(c) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(d) To look at Merrick's deformities.
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Vedas.
(d) The Bible.
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) His ID.
(c) Illegal substances.
(d) Stolen money.
4. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(b) Taking a bath.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
2. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
3. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
4. Which of the following best describes Treves' voice as he describes the Elephant Man to the audience during a lecture?
5. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)