|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the caller treat The Elephant Man when calling him out of his tent?
(a) With fear.
(c) With kindness.
2. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(c) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(d) To take Merrick's dinner order.
3. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His list of patients.
(b) His own salary.
(c) The hospital's reputation.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
4. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
5. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
4. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)