|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At a freak show.
(c) At a carnival.
(d) Clowning in a circus.
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The deaf unit.
(b) The comatose unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The amputee unit.
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
5. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him a lot of money.
(c) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(d) Make it as normal as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
2. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
5. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)