|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) In a church bulletin.
(d) Through word of mouth.
2. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(d) That Merrick's condition is curable.
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(b) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(c) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(d) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
4. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Qur'an.
(d) The Bible.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One thousand guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) Fifty guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)