|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is ignored completely.
(b) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(c) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
2. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) One hundred guineas.
(d) One thousand guineas.
3. Which of the Elephant Man's features is described as being "perfectly formed"?
(a) His left arm.
(b) All ten of his toes.
(c) His right leg.
(d) All ten of his fingers.
4. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Train him.
(d) Kill him.
5. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
2. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
3. What is The Elephant Man's real name?
4. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)