|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Torah.
2. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
3. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(b) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is curable.
5. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
2. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
3. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
5. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)