|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(b) Stolen money.
(c) His ID.
(d) Illegal substances.
2. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
3. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In a church bulletin.
(b) Over the radio.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Through word of mouth.
5. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(c) He is verbally and physically abused.
(d) He is ignored completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
2. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
3. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)