|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has Treves come to fill at the hospital?
2. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
3. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Clowning in a circus.
(c) At a freak show.
(d) At a carnival.
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) On a church doorstep.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In a supermarket.
5. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
(a) His foolish mind.
(b) His spiritual anguish.
(c) His irrational fears.
(d) His broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
5. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)