|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
(a) His list of patients.
(b) The hospital's reputation.
(c) His own salary.
(d) The amount of surgeries he can perform.
2. How much money has Merrick saved since starting work with Ross?
(a) Twenty-eight pounds.
(b) Forty-eight pounds.
(c) Fifty-eight pounds.
(d) Thirty-eight pounds.
3. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As completely inexperienced.
(b) As warm and affectionate.
(c) As shy and frightened.
(d) As competent and experienced.
4. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(b) Merrick turns himself in.
(c) The train passengers.
(d) The train's conductor.
5. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) In a church bulletin.
(c) Through word of mouth.
(d) Over the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Treves' subject of choice in the hospital?
2. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
3. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)