|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
3. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) Over the radio.
(d) In a church bulletin.
4. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
2. Who shouts from the audience, interrupting Treves' lecture about the Elephant Man's deformities?
3. To what city has Treves relocated at the beginning of the play?
4. What does the interrupter state about the Elephant Man putting himself on display?
5. Where does Treves first meet the Elephant Man?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)