|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The police.
(d) The neighborhood association.
2. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
3. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Vedas.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Qur'an.
4. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(b) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(c) To take Merrick's dinner order.
(d) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
5. How much does Treves' supervisor think Treves can make as a fee per patient he sees?
(a) One hundred guineas.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) Ten guineas.
(d) One thousand guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Treves NOT accuse the caller of using to alter The Elephant Man's appearance?
2. What does Treves' supervisor state that Treves needs to increase in order to keep everyone happy?
3. What does the caller state is the only thing more painful to The Elephant Man than his physical deformities?
4. Where does Ross take Merrick to work after leaving London?
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)