|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(b) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
2. What does Treves use to show the audience the Elephant Man's deformities?
(c) Medical charts.
(d) A plastic model.
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
(a) On the surgical table.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In a bathtub.
(d) In the library.
4. What is the name of the man who is responsible for The Elephant Man?
5. When Treves arrives at the police station to pick up Merrick, what does Merrick beg Treves to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
2. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
4. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
5. Which of the following best describes the Elephant Man's deformities?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)