|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is blind.
(b) Because she is equally as lonely.
(c) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
2. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man moral swamp.
(b) A one-man cesspool.
(c) A one-man money pit.
(d) A one-man black hole.
3. What is the name of Treves' supervisor at the hospital?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In a church bulletin.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Over the radio.
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
2. Who does Merrick attempt to speak with about his readings in the bible?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
5. To which of the following objects does Treves compare Merrick when speaking to the Bishop?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)