|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Guilded Box.
(b) The Royal Box.
(c) The King's Box.
(d) The Golden Box.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(b) The Conductor.
(d) The Bishop.
4. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Guy.
(b) That Elephant Bloke.
(c) That Elephant Thing.
(d) The Elephant Man.
5. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As warm and affectionate.
(b) As shy and frightened.
(c) As completely inexperienced.
(d) As competent and experienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lord John return, begging for more money?
2. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
3. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
4. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
5. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)