|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The King's Box.
(b) The Royal Box.
(c) The Golden Box.
(d) The Guilded Box.
2. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Practicing the piano.
(b) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Taking a bath.
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He wishes it would move faster.
(c) He does not think he deserves it.
(d) He thinks he deserves it.
4. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She screams and runs out of the room.
(c) She sits and stares at him silently.
(d) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
5. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe how she imagines Merrick?
3. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
4. What maddens Merrick about some married men?
5. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)