|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(b) Practicing the piano.
(c) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Taking a bath.
2. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
(a) He attacks the abuser.
(b) He attempts to comfort the victims.
(c) He weeps silently to himself.
(d) He ignores the abuse.
3. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A camel.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
5. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kendal do for a living?
2. Which of the following best describes Treves' first conversation with Mrs. Kendal?
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
5. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)