|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) A face.
(b) A church.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A flower.
2. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
3. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is verbally and physically abused.
(b) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(c) He is ignored completely.
(d) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
4. With whom does Treves think it is important for Merrick to form relationships?
5. How do the police get a hold of Treves' contact information?
(a) From his business card.
(b) John Merrick tells them his phone number.
(c) They look him up in the directory.
(d) One of the police officers knows Treves' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
2. What does Ross do with all of Merrick's savings?
3. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
4. What did Lord John steal Merrick's money to do?
5. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)