|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
(a) His lungs.
(b) His ribcage.
(c) His spine.
(d) His windpipe.
2. After riding on the train, what other mode of transportation does Merrick take back to London?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A boat.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in the conversation about Merrick's missing money?
(a) Lord John.
4. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
(a) Three at a time.
(b) Four at a time.
(c) One at a time.
(d) Two at a time.
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Potato.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Salad.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
2. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
3. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)