|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Gomm give to Treves after Lord John is removed from the hospital?
(a) Not to tell anyone about these dealings.
(b) That Lord John is a very dangerous man.
(c) That Merrick is losing his money, fast.
(d) To make better friends.
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(b) He is ignored completely.
(c) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(d) He is verbally and physically abused.
3. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
4. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
(a) He begins to laugh.
(b) He begins to smile.
(c) He begins to shout.
(d) He begins to sob.
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In a supermarket.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) On a church doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives, saying there is news about Lord John in the newspapers?
2. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
3. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
4. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)