|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As angry.
(d) As afraid.
3. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His rugby skills.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His academic knowledge.
(d) His patience.
4. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
5. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) His ID.
(c) Illegal substances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
2. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
3. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
4. How does Treves react to Mrs. Kendal's probing questions about Merrick's anatomy?
5. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)