|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Mrs. Kendal use to describe her life on display?
(a) A mask.
(b) A dance.
(c) A mosaic.
(d) An illusion.
2. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is equally as lonely.
(b) Because she is blind.
(c) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
(a) Make him a lot of money.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him the strongest man in the world.
(d) Make it as normal as possible.
4. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Golden Box.
(b) The King's Box.
(c) The Royal Box.
(d) The Guilded Box.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
2. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
4. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
5. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)