|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
(a) Become a pilot.
(b) Become an architect.
(c) Become a swimmer.
(d) Become a dancer.
2. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Practicing the piano.
3. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) As long as he likes.
(b) For nearly a year.
(c) For one week only.
(d) For a few months, until funds run out.
4. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
5. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
2. How old was Merrick when his mother was attacked at the circus?
3. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
4. What advice does the Bishop give to Merrick in his hopes of finding a woman?
5. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)