|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrick attempting to portray in his artistic rendering?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A flower.
(c) A face.
(d) A church.
2. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His patience.
(c) His academic knowledge.
(d) His rugby skills.
3. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
(a) A painting.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A marble sculpture.
(d) A wood carving.
4. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
5. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man money pit.
(b) A one-man cesspool.
(c) A one-man black hole.
(d) A one-man moral swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
2. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
3. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
5. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)