|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
(a) Because she is blind.
(b) Because she knows how to hide her true emotions.
(c) Because she is equally as lonely.
(d) Because she has expressed a desire to meet Merrick for herself.
2. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
(a) The train's conductor.
(c) Merrick turns himself in.
(d) The train passengers.
3. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Guilded Box.
(b) The King's Box.
(c) The Golden Box.
(d) The Royal Box.
4. As the police are searching his belongings, what word does Merrick croak over and over?
5. Why does Merrick claim to have left London?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To leave the "freak-show" business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen arrive in the streets and begin beating Ross and Merrick?
2. After the police beating, what does Ross tell Merrick that he "stinks of"?
3. How does Merrick react when he sees fellow freak-show performers being abused by their managers?
4. How does Merrick react to Mrs. Kendal's list of women who may be interested in seeing him?
5. Which word does Merrick repeat over and over on the train ride back to London?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)