|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Nurse.
(d) The Bishop.
2. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
(b) Opera hall.
(d) Tea party.
3. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
4. Who does Ross have to draw a contract with in order to show Merrick on the streets?
(a) The schools.
(b) The other traveling acts.
(c) The neighborhood association.
(d) The police.
5. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man moral swamp.
(b) A one-man cesspool.
(c) A one-man money pit.
(d) A one-man black hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many naked women has Merrick seen in his life?
2. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
3. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
4. After Merrick is handed over to the police, what do they search his belongings for?
5. What maddens Merrick about some married men?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)