|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The deaf unit.
(b) The blind unit.
(c) The amputee unit.
(d) The comatose unit.
2. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(d) Da Vinci.
3. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Nurse.
4. What maddens Merrick about some married men?
(a) The fact that some are stingy with their money.
(b) The fact that some men also take mistresses.
(c) The fact that some are alcoholics.
(d) The fact that some beat their wives.
5. What name does Ross give two handicapped women whose heads rise to points?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
2. After Mrs. Kendal leaves, how does Merrick respond to their first meeting?
3. When Treves brushes past Mrs. Kendal in the hospital, which of the following finishes his sentence, "This is a hospital, not a ___________"?
4. What does Merrick hope to do with his life if he ever gains normal mobility?
5. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)