|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is verbally and physically abused.
(b) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
(c) He is ignored completely.
(d) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
2. What does Merrick find most envious about married men?
(a) That they could have children.
(b) That they do not have to sleep alone.
(c) That they can look at a woman every day.
(d) That they will always have homecooked dinners.
3. Which of the following animals knocked Merrick's mother over while she was visiting a circus?
(a) A camel.
(b) A zebra.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A lion.
4. What is Merrick most worried about now that he knows Lord John has stolen his money?
(a) That Mrs. Kendal views him as a failure.
(b) That his high society friends will no longer love him.
(c) That he will no longer be able to stay in the hospital.
(d) That Treves is disappointed in him.
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Merrick's compliments to Mrs. Kendal?
2. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
3. After exiting the train, who hands Merrick over to the police officers?
4. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)