|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Potato.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Salad.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
2. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he completes it with only one hand.
(b) Because he is almost blind.
(c) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
(d) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
3. After leaving Ross, how is Merrick treated by the fellow passengers on his train ride back to London?
(a) He is verbally and physically abused.
(b) He is forced to answer embarrassing questions about his health.
(c) He is ignored completely.
(d) He is treated with kindness for the first time in his life.
4. What part of Merrick's body is Mrs.Kendal most interested in?
(a) His genitals.
(b) His brain.
(c) His face.
(d) His hands.
5. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
2. How does Merrick describe his mother to Mrs. Kendal?
3. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
4. Which of the following words does Mrs. Kendal use to describe Merrick's insights into life and love?
5. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)