|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His patience.
(c) His academic knowledge.
(d) His rugby skills.
2. What does Gomm call Lord John after witnessing him beg for money?
(a) A one-man money pit.
(b) A one-man moral swamp.
(c) A one-man cesspool.
(d) A one-man black hole.
3. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Man.
(b) That Elephant Bloke.
(c) The Elephant Guy.
(d) That Elephant Thing.
4. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The Princess of Wales.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The King of Scotland.
5. How does Mrs. Kendal respond when Merrick asks if she will remain his friend even after his money has been stolen?
(a) She says that she can no longer be friends with him.
(b) She says that money is no issue to their friendship.
(c) She gives him no direct answer.
(d) She says that she will have to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Treves think Mrs. Kendal might be a good friend for Merrick?
2. What art form is Merrick working on when Mrs. Kennedy arrives at his home for the first time?
3. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
4. What part of Merrick might collapse if he laid down to sleep at night?
5. Which character intercedes with Lord John, telling him to stop begging for money?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)