|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
(a) He calls Treves a man of honor.
(b) He cals Treves a black hole.
(c) He calls Treves a valuable investment.
(d) He calls Treves a one-man moral swamp.
3. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
4. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(d) She screams and runs out of the room.
5. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Practicing the piano.
(d) Sewing his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
2. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
3. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
4. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
5. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)