|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) That Elephant Thing.
(b) The Elephant Guy.
(c) That Elephant Bloke.
(d) The Elephant Man.
2. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
(a) His own sorrow.
(b) Broken promises.
(d) Other people's dreams.
3. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She screams and runs out of the room.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(d) She gives him a hug.
4. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(b) It is slowly improving.
(c) It is worsening.
(d) It is staying about the same.
5. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
3. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
4. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)