|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
2. What does Merrick insinuate is collecting on his neck, making it unbearable for him to sleep normally?
(a) His own sorrow.
(b) Other people's dreams.
(d) Broken promises.
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(b) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(c) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(d) To take Merrick's dinner order.
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
(a) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(b) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
2. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
3. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
4. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
5. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)