|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He thinks he deserves it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He does not think he deserves it.
(d) He wishes it would move faster.
2. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) Over the radio.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) In a church bulletin.
(d) In the newspaper.
3. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She screams and runs out of the room.
(b) She sits and stares at him silently.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT make a comparison to Merrick?
(a) The Conductor.
(b) The Bishop.
5. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
2. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
4. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
5. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)