|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Through word of mouth.
(c) Over the radio.
(d) In a church bulletin.
2. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
3. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
(a) That they shouldn't be exploited.
(b) That he has met only one "good man" during the course of his life.
(c) That they are exploited just as easily as nasty men.
(d) That they should be exploited for their niavite.
4. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
(a) The amputee unit.
(b) The comatose unit.
(c) The blind unit.
(d) The deaf unit.
5. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
3. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)