|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to feel?
2. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
(a) His hair.
(b) His feet.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His head.
3. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
(a) That they are exploited just as easily as nasty men.
(b) That he has met only one "good man" during the course of his life.
(c) That they shouldn't be exploited.
(d) That they should be exploited for their niavite.
4. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Guy.
(b) That Elephant Thing.
(c) That Elephant Bloke.
(d) The Elephant Man.
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In a supermarket.
(c) On a church doorstep.
(d) In an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
3. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
4. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
5. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)