|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His body.
(c) His medical journals.
(d) His soul.
2. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
3. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
(a) He will pay nothing.
(b) He will pay any sum demanded.
(c) He will pay forty guineas.
(d) He will pay one hundred guineas.
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) On a church doorstep.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In a supermarket.
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", what does Merrick say is his reasoning for wanting to visit with him?
(a) To befriend him.
(b) To save him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To examine him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
2. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
3. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
5. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)