|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On a church doorstep.
(d) In a supermarket.
2. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(b) It is staying about the same.
(c) It is worsening.
(d) It is slowly improving.
3. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
4. While Treves and Merrick are talking, why does the porter enter Merrick's room?
(a) To change Merrick's bedsheets.
(b) To look at Merrick's deformities.
(c) To sew Merrick some new clothes.
(d) To take Merrick's dinner order.
5. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
(a) As competent and experienced.
(b) As completely inexperienced.
(c) As shy and frightened.
(d) As warm and affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
2. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
4. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
5. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)