|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
2. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
(a) A model church.
(b) A model castle.
(c) A model car.
(d) A model airplane.
3. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(c) Da Vinci.
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
(c) Mrs. Kendal.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Sandwich.
(b) Mrs. Crumb.
(c) Mrs. Potato.
(d) Mrs. Salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the pinheads describe the world that has been revealed to them since leaving the freak show?
2. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
3. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
4. How much does Merrick say he is willing to pay in order to have a visit with Treves during the dream?
5. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)