|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
(b) Mrs. Kendal.
2. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His patience.
(c) His rugby skills.
(d) His academic knowledge.
3. What does Treves think is happening to Merrick's physical condition the more he is accepted into normal society?
(a) It is worsening.
(b) It is slowly improving.
(c) Treves has stopped monitoring Merrick's health.
(d) It is staying about the same.
4. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The Bishop.
5. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
(a) Mrs. Salad.
(b) Mrs. Potato.
(c) Mrs. Crumb.
(d) Mrs. Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm say about "good men"?
3. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
4. How does Treves spread the word that he is searching for charitable donations to care for Merrick?
5. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)