|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In a supermarket.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On a church doorstep.
(d) On the side of the road.
2. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
3. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The stage.
(b) The opera.
(c) The ballet.
(d) The symphony.
4. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(b) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(c) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
(d) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
5. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
(a) A fool.
(b) A genuis.
(c) A savant.
(d) An artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that all humans are simply copies God has created?
2. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
3. During his analysis, what part of Treves' body does Merrick pay special attention to?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)