|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
(a) He calls Treves a one-man moral swamp.
(b) He calls Treves a valuable investment.
(c) He calls Treves a man of honor.
(d) He cals Treves a black hole.
2. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
(a) He folds some laundry.
(b) He works on his model.
(c) He composes a letter.
(d) He reads a book.
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He does not think he deserves it.
(c) He thinks he deserves it.
(d) He wishes it would move faster.
4. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His academic knowledge.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His rugby skills.
(d) His patience.
5. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nurse who Treves interviews to care for Merrick?
2. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
3. When Merrick is telling Treves about his life in the workhouse, which word does he repeat over and over and over, in reference to the beatings he received?
4. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the doctor?
5. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)