|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Vedas.
2. Which meal is Merrick being served the first time the nurse comes to meet him?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
(a) He calls Treves a valuable investment.
(b) He cals Treves a black hole.
(c) He calls Treves a one-man moral swamp.
(d) He calls Treves a man of honor.
4. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The opera.
(b) The ballet.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The stage.
5. Why does everyone find Merrick's artwork so amazing?
(a) Because he is almost blind.
(b) Because he completes it with only one hand.
(c) Because he has no real reference to the outside world.
(d) Because he cannot stand up straight to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
2. How many characters enter the stage to discuss the similarities they feel with Merrick?
3. What does Treves say he would like to do with Merrick's life?
4. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
5. While Treves is sleeping, what part about him does Merrick analyze?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)