|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(a) The Nurse.
(c) The Bishop.
2. How does the nurse react to Merrick the first time she sees him?
(a) She shakes his hand and says that she is happy to meet him.
(b) She screams and runs out of the room.
(c) She sits and stares at him silently.
(d) She gives him a hug.
3. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
4. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
5. What does The Princess of Wales call Merrick?
(a) The Elephant Guy.
(b) That Elephant Bloke.
(c) The Elephant Man.
(d) That Elephant Thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ward of the hospital does Merrick request to be moved to during his stay?
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
3. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
4. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
5. When Treves' wakes up from his dream, during which time Merrick was analyzing him, what does Merrick do to busy himself?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)