|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
(a) His rugby skills.
(b) His academic knowledge.
(c) His patience.
(d) His wealth.
2. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) As long as he likes.
(b) For a few months, until funds run out.
(c) For one week only.
(d) For nearly a year.
3. What does Mrs. Kendal call Merrick after she sees the model he is working on?
(a) An artist.
(b) A genuis.
(c) A savant.
(d) A fool.
4. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
(a) Mrs. Kendal.
5. Which of the following philosophers said that the world "is an illusion and the work of an artist is simply an illusion of an illusion"?
(a) Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treves tell Merrick is the one thing that will make him happy during his stay in the hospital?
2. In the dream, what does Gomm call Treves in response to Merrick's payment offer?
3. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
4. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
5. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)