|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Prince of Wales' seat at the theater?
(a) The Golden Box.
(b) The Guilded Box.
(c) The King's Box.
(d) The Royal Box.
2. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is scolded.
(b) He is given a raise.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is promoted.
3. At which theatrical theater does the Prince of Wales own his own boxed seat?
(a) The ballet.
(b) The opera.
(c) The stage.
(d) The symphony.
4. How long will Merrick be allowed to stay in the hospital with Treves?
(a) For one week only.
(b) For nearly a year.
(c) For a few months, until funds run out.
(d) As long as he likes.
5. Which book did Merrick study as a child?
(a) The Qur'an.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Vedas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merrick stay while the Bishop is speaking with Treves?
2. Who does Merrick consider his best friend, and the one visitor whose time he most appreciates?
3. During his analysis, which of the following words does Merrick use to describe Treves' condition?
4. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
5. Who keeps track of all the gifts Merrick receives from his admirers?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)