|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following members of royalty makes an appearance in Merrick's hospital room?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) The Princess of Wales.
(c) The King of Scotland.
(d) The Queen Mother.
2. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
3. Which character does Gomm jokingly refer to as Jesus?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Nurse.
4. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is scolded.
(d) He is given a raise.
5. What does Treves say the public believes about Merrick's medical condition?
(a) That Merrick's condition is self-inflicted.
(b) That Merrick's condition is a death sentence.
(c) That Merrick's condition is curable.
(d) That Merrick's condition is contagious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Merrick attribute to Treves' left hand and the way it covers his body?
2. During the interview with Treves, how did the nurse present herself?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Mrs. Kendal use to describe the perspective from the Prince of Wales' private theater seats?
4. Which of the following elements does Merrick note in Treves' character while he is examining him?
5. What does the Prince of Wales admire most in Treves?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)