|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Treves' dream where he is a "freak", who does he dream is the manager of his show?
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Kendal.
2. In the dream, who does Merrick claim will be the "perfect subject" for his study?
(d) The Bishop.
3. What is Merrick doing during the time that Treves is interviewing the nurse?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Sewing his clothes.
(d) Practicing the piano.
4. During his analysis of Treves, what does Merrick decide Treves is completely unable to reach in his relationships with other people?
5. Where was Merrick abandoned as a child?
(a) In a supermarket.
(b) On a church doorstep.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merrick building a model of in his hospital room?
2. How do the pinheads describe the world that has been revealed to them since leaving the freak show?
3. How does Treves feel about his own social advancement?
4. Merrick states that the model he is working on is a symbol for what, "flying up from the mud"?
5. How is the porter treated by Gomm after visiting Merrick's room?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)