Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea help Echo remember her mother when Artie is gone?
2. How did the family end up back in Dorothea's house back east?
3. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
4. What happens when Echo is seven?
5. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
In scene 5, the cross country drive west back to Dorothea's home is recounted. Echo was too young to remember the trip, but both Dorothea and Artie recount their memorable stops along the way. What do these stops indicate about Dorothea and Artie?
Character names are very important in this play and have a kind of "self-fulfilling prophesy". Discuss how this is especially true for Artie. Give examples from the text to support your thoughts.
Artie was set up for failure repeatedly by Dorothea's unreasonable expectations. Explore these scenes and write about how these early events later influenced Artie's life choices. Give evidence from the play to support your thoughts.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)