|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea help Echo remember her mother when Artie is gone?
2. How did the family end up back in Dorothea's house back east?
3. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
4. What happens when Echo is seven?
5. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
Essay Topic 1
In scene 5, the cross country drive west back to Dorothea's home is recounted. Echo was too young to remember the trip, but both Dorothea and Artie recount their memorable stops along the way. What do these stops indicate about Dorothea and Artie?
Essay Topic 2
Dorothea stresses the importance of education. Discuss how and why Dorothea demonstrates her valuing education over motherhood, and give examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Character names are very important in this play and have a kind of "self-fulfilling prophesy". Discuss how this is especially true for Artie. Give examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)