Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea help Echo remember her mother when Artie is gone?
2. How did the family end up back in Dorothea's house back east?
3. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
4. What happens when Echo is seven?
5. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
Essay Topic 1
Dorothea stresses the importance of education. Discuss how and why Dorothea demonstrates her valuing education over motherhood, and give examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
In scene 3, the character of Dorothea is explored. What are your feelings about Dorothea? Do you feel sympathy for her or do you think her techniques of raising children are inexcusable? Explore your thoughts on this complex character.
Essay Topic 3
Artie was set up for failure repeatedly by Dorothea's unreasonable expectations. Explore these scenes and write about how these early events later influenced Artie's life choices. Give evidence from the play to support your thoughts.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)