|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Echo think about her mother when she was young?
2. What was important about the trip back east to Dorothea?
3. What is Dorothea doing when scene 4 opens?
4. How hard was it for Echo to get to the National Spelling Bee?
5. What is Echo's plan for the spelling bee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Artie was set up for failure repeatedly by Dorothea's unreasonable expectations. Explore these scenes and write about how these early events later influenced Artie's life choices. Give evidence from the play to support your thoughts.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Echo's treatment of the little boy at the spelling bee. Why does Echo act so cruelly, which is seemingly out of character for her?
Essay Topic 3
The title of the play is a background theme throughout the play. Discuss why this title is appropriate for the play. Give examples of how it is used throughout the play.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)