Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea help Echo remember her mother when Artie is gone?
2. How did the family end up back in Dorothea's house back east?
3. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
4. What happens when Echo is seven?
5. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dorothea's reaction to Artie searching for her lock of hair. Why is this so important to Dorothea, and is Dorothea reasonable in her reaction to Artie's search?
Essay Topic 2
The title of the play is a background theme throughout the play. Discuss why this title is appropriate for the play. Give examples of how it is used throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
Dorothea gives her daughter and granddaughter very meaningful names: Artie (Artemis) and Echo. Dorothea explains her reasoning behind Echo's naming in the play. Artie is named after Artemis, a Greco-Roman huntress who was known for her ruthlessness and solitariness. Discuss how the characters' names fit their personalities. Give examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)