|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was important about the trip back east to Dorothea?
2. What is Dorothea doing when scene 4 opens?
3. How many times did Artie run away?
4. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
5. Why does Echo feel such kinship to Dorothea?
Essay Topic 1
Artie said she could remember everything and was against total recall as a form of learning. Despite this, she drilled Echo repeatedly on spelling words. Why do you think she chose to teach Echo in this way? What other factors may have played into her decision?
Essay Topic 2
In scene 5, the cross country drive west back to Dorothea's home is recounted. Echo was too young to remember the trip, but both Dorothea and Artie recount their memorable stops along the way. What do these stops indicate about Dorothea and Artie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dorothea's reaction to Artie searching for her lock of hair. Why is this so important to Dorothea, and is Dorothea reasonable in her reaction to Artie's search?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)