|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Artie run away?
2. In Scene 6, how does Artie communicate with her daughter after seeing her?
3. In scene 4, what does Dorothea say to Artie when Artie calls to tell her where she has been?
4. Where does Artie accidentally see Echo?
5. How many names did Artie take on to keep from being found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Echo never really has a chance to reunite her mother and grandmother. Discuss why she believes she can, and how she plans it.
Essay Topic 2
Dorothea gives a lengthy discussion about Echo's name and why she named her this. Echo's name is connected to her grandmother's expectations of her and Echo's later decisions in life. Discuss how Echo's name influenced her.
Essay Topic 3
Character names are very important in this play and have a kind of "self-fulfilling prophesy". Discuss how this is especially true for Artie. Give examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)