|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wings represent to Artie?
2. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
3. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
4. Dorothea began teaching Echo to read at the age of ______________.
5. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Artie begins and ends scene two. What do we learn about the character?
2. Why do you think Artie is not worried about her own issues?
3. Why does Dorothea decide to take on a life of eccentricity?
4. Do you think Artie will be able to function away from her mother?
5. Does Artie ever rebel from Dorothea?
6. What does Artie admit is her own neurosis?
7. Why do you think Dorothea felt little or no grief when her husband died?
8. Who ignited Echo's original love of words?
9. What do you think the purpose of this scene 3 is?
10. How are the 3 main characters related to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The homemade wings reappear throughout the play and have importance and meaning for the characters. Discuss the wings from each of the character's perspective.
Essay Topic 2
At some points in the play, Artie seems to have freed herself of her past and becomes a successful, functioning, happy individual. At what point is this true, and which events turn her life back around into the character she again becomes at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Echo never really has a chance to reunite her mother and grandmother. Discuss why she believes she can, and how she plans it.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)