|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
(a) A month later.
(b) After Echo is born.
(c) A year later.
(d) A week later.
2. What does Dorothea do with the lock of hair?
(a) She puts in a frame in the living room.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She hides it from Artie.
(d) She puts in a locket which she wears.
3. What does Dorothea do when she finds Artie tearing up the house?
(a) She sends Artie to a friends house while she cleans up.
(b) She gives her the lock of hair and says she never wants it back.
(c) She makes Artie stay home from school to clean up.
(d) She hugs Artie and asks her what is wrong.
4. How does Artie tell Echo about the National Spelling Bee?
(a) At Dorothea's house.
(b) Over the phone.
(c) At the book fair.
(d) She tells her about it over lunch at the deli.
5. What happens when Echo is seven?
(a) Artie gets a job 50 miles away from her.
(b) Echo runs away.
(c) Artie moves back in the house with Dorothea and Echo.
(d) Artie remarries and takes Echo back to live with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chance of reuniting her family through the spelling bee did Echo have?
2. Why aren't Artie and Dorothea happy about Echo winning?
3. What is a "vortex"?
4. Why is Dorothea so proud of two year old Echo?
5. In Scene 6, how does Artie communicate with her daughter after seeing her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)