|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorothea help Echo remember her mother when Artie is gone?
(a) She keeps lots of pictures of Artie aound the house.
(b) She talks about Artie all the time.
(c) She occasionally shows Echo pictures of her mother.
(d) She never does anyhting to help her remember Artie.
2. How did the family end up back in Dorothea's house back east?
(a) They took a bus.
(b) They took Echo on her first plane ride to get there.
(c) They drove there after Echo's father died.
(d) They hitchhiked across the country.
3. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
(a) She has an out of town meeting.
(b) Her car is broken down and she cannot get there.
(c) She cannot leave her research.
(d) She is afraid she will make Echo nervous.
4. What happens when Echo is seven?
(a) Echo runs away.
(b) Artie remarries and takes Echo back to live with her.
(c) Artie gets a job 50 miles away from her.
(d) Artie moves back in the house with Dorothea and Echo.
5. How long after Artie's phone call before Dorothea shows up on Artie's doorstep?
(a) A month later.
(b) A year later.
(c) After Echo is born.
(d) A week later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Echo and Artie arguing about in the beginning of scene 4?
2. Why does Artie tear up the house in scene 5?
3. Where does Dorothea live?
4. What kind of winner was Echo?
5. What does Artie accomplish on her own?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)