|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Echo is seven?
(a) Artie moves back in the house with Dorothea and Echo.
(b) Echo runs away.
(c) Artie gets a job 50 miles away from her.
(d) Artie remarries and takes Echo back to live with her.
2. After Artie accidentally sees Echo in scene 5, what does she suggest to Echo?
(a) That Echo try out for the National Spelling Bee.
(b) That they have dinner together and talk about Echo's schooling.
(c) That Echo now come to live with her.
(d) That Echo and Dorothea come and visit her.
3. Where does Artie accidentally see Echo?
(a) At a book fair.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) At the movies.
(d) In the mall.
4. Why is Dorothea so proud of two year old Echo?
(a) Dorothea says Echo is a great speller.
(b) Dorothea says Echo is bright and already knows some Greek words.
(c) Dorothea thinks Echo can fly.
(d) Dorothea says Echo reminds her of herself.
5. How does Artie tell Echo about the National Spelling Bee?
(a) Over the phone.
(b) At the book fair.
(c) She tells her about it over lunch at the deli.
(d) At Dorothea's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothea do when she finds Artie tearing up the house?
2. Why does Artie not like the vortex?
3. Why does Artie give Dorothea a kiss after the spelling bee?
4. What is Echo's final word in the spelling bee?
5. Which 3 things were most important about the trip back east to Artie?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)