|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Echo remember about the trip back east?
(a) Nothing, since she was just a baby.
(b) Stopping at all the restaurants to eat.
(c) Visiting a landing strip for UFOs.
(d) Visiting an Indian burial ground,
2. After Artie accidentally sees Echo in scene 5, what does she suggest to Echo?
(a) That Echo try out for the National Spelling Bee.
(b) That Echo and Dorothea come and visit her.
(c) That they have dinner together and talk about Echo's schooling.
(d) That Echo now come to live with her.
3. What does Echo feel when her opponent crumbles?
(a) She is appalled by his behavior.
(b) She doesn't even notice.
(c) She thinks he is over reacting.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
4. What time of day was it when Dorothea cut the lock of hair from Artie?
(a) The middle of the night.
(b) At lunchtime.
(c) Right before bedtime.
(d) First thing in the morning
5. What is Echo's final word in the spelling bee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Echo feel such kinship to Dorothea?
2. How does Dorothea and Artie's phone call first phone call in scene 4 end?
3. What is Artie's response to Dorothea being back in her life?
4. Artie considered going to the spelling bee as her ___________.
5. What does Dorothea feel is the most important aspect of Echo's personality?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)