|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie do when she sees her daughter in scene 5?
(a) She gives her a big hug.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She has lunch with her.
(d) She apologizes for abandoning her and asks for forgiveness.
2. Who meets up after the spelling bee?
(a) Artie and Dorothea.
(b) Echo's father and Artie.
(c) Echo and Artie.
(d) Dorothea and Echo.
3. Which 3 things were most important about the trip back east to Artie?
(a) A voodoo cult, Edgar Cayce's birthplace, and Edgar Cayce's grave.
(b) The voodoo cult, a landing strip for UFOs, and a man who had been to the moon.
(c) Edgar Cayce's birthplace, Edgar Cayce's grave, and Edgar Cayce's wife's grave.
(d) An indian burial ground, a voodoo cult and a convention of faith healers.
4. How many names did Artie take on to keep from being found?
(a) 8 names.
(b) 4 names.
(c) 3 names.
(d) 2 names.
5. Why does Echo buy the Robinson Crusoe book?
(a) She saw her mother looking at it.
(b) Artie recommended it to her when she called.
(c) She thought it looked like a great story.
(d) Dorothea had told her the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene 4, what does Dorothea say to Artie when Artie calls to tell her where she has been?
2. What did Artie do right after kissing Dorothea after the spelling bee?
3. What is Echo's frame of mind as she spells her words?
4. How many times did Echo read Robinson Crusoe?
5. Why does Artie not like the vortex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Artie and Echo arguing over Dorothea as scene 4 opens?
2. What happens to Artie when her mother reappears in her life?
3. Why do you think Echo said Artie was just a dead person when she called in scene 4?
4. Why do you think that Dorothea reacts so coldly to Artie when she searches for the lock of hair?
5. After all her time away from Dorothea, why do you think Artie finally called her?
6. Why do you think Dorothea wanted Echo to be so willing to give forgiveness?
7. Why does Artie feel that she has fulfilled her commitment to Echo?
8. Why do you think the author chose the book "Robinson Crusoe" to mention as being connected to Artie?
9. Why do you think the author chose to "kill off"all the male characters in the play?
10. Why is Echo so ruthless in her defeat of the little boy?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)