|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
(a) Make her a better mother.
(b) Be a way to finally get her education.
(c) Make her famous.
(d) Offer an escape from the mendacity of her life as well as an outlet for her creativity and intelligence.
2. What is Echo's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Echo is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(b) Echo is Dorothea's daughter.
(c) Echo is Dorothea's friend.
(d) Echo is Dorothea's mother.
3. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
(a) A self-proclaimed eccentric.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) A professor at the university.
(d) A psychic.
4. Who opens the third scene?
(a) Artie's father.
5. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great skill does Echo have?
2. How many words does Echo misspell when her mother drills her on the phone?
3. When Artie is _______________ she becomes pregnant.
4. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
5. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Artie feel that she was Dorothea's guinea pig as she grew up?
2. Why do you think Artie runs away instead of letting her mother send her to college?
3. How does Dorothea's choice to become an eccentric take away Artie's freedom?
4. What do you think the purpose of this scene 3 is?
5. Why does Artie feel her ability to remember everything is an inconvenience?
6. Why do you think Dorothea felt little or no grief when her husband died?
7. Artie begins and ends scene two. What do we learn about the character?
8. How are the 3 main characters related to each other?
9. What skill does Echo have, and how does this skill become a form of communication between Echo and her mother?
10. Why do you think Artie is unable to communicate effectively with her daughter?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)