|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo can run very fast.
(b) Echo is able to spell very well.
(c) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(d) Echo is a great cook.
2. Who raised Echo?
(a) Echo's father.
(b) An orphanage.
3. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(b) Not real.
(c) A neurosis.
(d) A gift.
4. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
(a) Echo would only talk about one thing.
(b) Dorothea would not allow them to talk on the phone.
(c) Artie did not know any other way to reach out to her daughter.
(d) Dorothea interupted their phone conversations.
5. How many generations of women does this play cover?
Short Answer Questions
1. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
2. Who opens scene 2?
3. What happened when Artie tried to fly?
4. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
5. What does Artie do after her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dorothea decide to take on a life of eccentricity?
2. Why do you think Artie runs away instead of letting her mother send her to college?
3. Do you think Artie will be able to function away from her mother?
4. What is the primary complication between the Westbrook women in this play?
5. What do you think the purpose of this scene 3 is?
6. What skill does Echo have, and how does this skill become a form of communication between Echo and her mother?
7. At what point in scene 3 do you think the audience loses sympathy for Dorothea?
8. Why do you think Artie is not worried about her own issues?
9. Why does Artie feel her ability to remember everything is an inconvenience?
10. Who is Artie named after and how does this name match her personality?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)