|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
(a) Artie's father.
2. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
(a) She is unable to forget anything.
(b) She cannot remember details.
(c) She is too tall.
(d) She has freckles.
3. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
(a) Artie did not know any other way to reach out to her daughter.
(b) Dorothea interupted their phone conversations.
(c) Dorothea would not allow them to talk on the phone.
(d) Echo would only talk about one thing.
4. Who first taught Echo to love words?
(a) Echo's father.
(d) Echo's aunt.
5. How did the wings look?
(b) Crudely fashioned.
(d) Blue and yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
2. What is Artie's relationship to Dorothea?
3. How many times was Artie pregnant?
4. What do the wings represent to Artie?
5. Who opens the third scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Artie begins and ends scene two. What do we learn about the character?
2. Why does Artie feel that she was Dorothea's guinea pig as she grew up?
3. Why do you think Dorothea felt little or no grief when her husband died?
4. Does Artie ever rebel from Dorothea?
5. What is the primary complication between the Westbrook women in this play?
6. Why does Dorothea decide to take on a life of eccentricity?
7. Who is the controller in the play? Who is being controlled?
8. Why do you think Artie is unable to communicate effectively with her daughter?
9. Why does Artie feel her ability to remember everything is an inconvenience?
10. In scene 1, Dorothea has had a stroke and is rendered mute. Why do you think Echo insists she can hear Dorothea?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)