|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene 3, which character does the audience meet more fully?
(c) Dorothea's mother.
2. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) At a small college.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a private school.
(d) Artie can't find a job.
3. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
(a) With banners of Latin and Greek letters.
(b) With a video tape.
(c) With a dictionary.
(d) With a book of Shakespeare's plays.
4. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(a) Echo's sister.
5. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
(a) Love and charity.
(b) Famial love, tainted with resentment and bitterness.
(d) Extreme animosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
2. What method of learning is Artie against?
3. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
4. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
5. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Artie admit is her own neurosis?
2. Why do you think Artie is unable to communicate effectively with her daughter?
3. Why does Dorothea decide to take on a life of eccentricity?
4. Who is the controller in the play? Who is being controlled?
5. Does Artie ever rebel from Dorothea?
6. Why do you think Artie is not worried about her own issues?
7. Why do you think Dorothea felt little or no grief when her husband died?
8. What do you think the author's purpose was in having Echo spelling heard between Dorothea's recollections?
9. How are the 3 main characters related to each other?
10. How is Dorothea's educational treatment of Echo similar to how she raised Artie?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)