|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
2. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
(c) Echo's father.
3. Dorothea has ______________________expectations for her daughter.
(a) Very low.
4. What does Artie do after her pregnancy?
(a) Artie runs away.
(b) Artie decides to be a stay-at-home mom.
(c) Artie gets a job at a restaurant.
(d) Artie goes to college.
5. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(d) Echo's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Echo?
2. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
3. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
4. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
5. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Artie feel that she was Dorothea's guinea pig as she grew up?
2. How are the 3 main characters related to each other?
3. Why do you think Artie is unable to communicate effectively with her daughter?
4. What skill does Echo have, and how does this skill become a form of communication between Echo and her mother?
5. Do you think Artie will be able to function away from her mother?
6. Artie begins and ends scene two. What do we learn about the character?
7. Why do you think Artie is not worried about her own issues?
8. Who is Artie named after and how does this name match her personality?
9. What is the primary complication between the Westbrook women in this play?
10. What do you think the purpose of this scene 3 is?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)