|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
(a) She escapes through a restaurant window.
(b) She becomes lost in the airport.
(c) She is robbed.
(d) She gets in a terrible automobile accident.
2. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(c) 3 times.
(d) 4 times.
3. What is Echo doing during scene 3?
(a) Echo is spelling.
(b) Echo is playing in the sandbox.
(c) Echo is not in the scene.
(d) Echo is reading a book.
4. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(d) Artie's father.
5. Why does Dorothea marry her husband?
(a) Dorothea loves him.
(b) Dorothea marries him for money.
(c) She is forced into the marriage by her father.
(d) Dorothea wants to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
2. Who is Artie named after?
3. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
4. Dorothea began teaching Echo to read at the age of ______________.
5. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dorothea felt little or no grief when her husband died?
2. What does Artie admit is her own neurosis?
3. How are the 3 main characters related to each other?
4. Why do you think Artie runs away instead of letting her mother send her to college?
5. Why do you think Artie is unable to communicate effectively with her daughter?
6. What do you think the purpose of this scene 3 is?
7. Do you think Artie will be able to function away from her mother?
8. Artie begins and ends scene two. What do we learn about the character?
9. How is Dorothea's educational treatment of Echo similar to how she raised Artie?
10. Why does Artie feel her ability to remember everything is an inconvenience?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)