|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Artie tear up the house in scene 5?
(a) She was looking for her favorite book.
(b) She is searching for the lock of hair.
(c) She is looking for the homemade wings.
(d) She is mad at her mother and is throwing a tantrum.
2. What does Dorothea do when she finds Artie tearing up the house?
(a) She gives her the lock of hair and says she never wants it back.
(b) She sends Artie to a friends house while she cleans up.
(c) She hugs Artie and asks her what is wrong.
(d) She makes Artie stay home from school to clean up.
3. How old was Artie when Dorothea cut off the lock of her hair?
(a) Artie was seven.
(b) Artie was eighteen.
(c) Artie was in her thirties.
(d) Artie was an infant.
4. How many times did Artie say she moved?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 8 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
5. How many times did Artie run away?
(a) 1 time.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
6. Why does Artie give Dorothea a kiss after the spelling bee?
(a) She wanted to cheer up Dorothea.
(b) She wants to show fake affection for Echo's sake.
(c) Echo asked her to do it.
(d) She really loves her mother and wants to show it.
7. Why does Echo buy the Robinson Crusoe book?
(a) She thought it looked like a great story.
(b) Dorothea had told her the story.
(c) She saw her mother looking at it.
(d) Artie recommended it to her when she called.
8. In reference to Echo and Artie's argument in the beginning of scene 4, what does Artie believe?
(a) That Dorothea is a vegetable.
(b) That Dorothea's coma is her fault.
(c) That Dorothea needs them to intereact with her.
(d) That Dorothea can hear them in her coma.
9. What kind of winner was Echo?
(a) Quiet, but proud.
(b) Grateful and kind.
(c) Obnoxious and cruel.
(d) Quiet and unassuming.
10. What did Echo remember about the trip back east?
(a) Visiting an Indian burial ground,
(b) Visiting a landing strip for UFOs.
(c) Nothing, since she was just a baby.
(d) Stopping at all the restaurants to eat.
11. Instead of coming to see Echo, what does Artie do?
(a) She sometimes calls her on the phone.
(b) She write her a letter everyday.
(c) She asks Echo to meet her.
(d) She never contacts Echo.
12. After Artie accidentally sees Echo in scene 5, what does she suggest to Echo?
(a) That they have dinner together and talk about Echo's schooling.
(b) That Echo try out for the National Spelling Bee.
(c) That Echo now come to live with her.
(d) That Echo and Dorothea come and visit her.
13. Why does Artie leave Echo with Dorothea?
(a) Artie is too sick to care for Echo.
(b) Artie believes that Dorothea needs Echo.
(c) Artie does not have the money to care for her daughter.
(d) Artie has a job offer in Europe.
14. Artie considered going to the spelling bee as her ___________.
15. How does Artie feel when she sees her daughter in scene 5?
(c) Pure joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
2. Why did Dorothea choose the name she did for her granddaughter?
3. What is Dorothea's relationship with her son-in-law?
4. How was Artie able to overcome her childhood?
5. What does Artie do when she sees her daughter in scene 5?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)