|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many words does Echo misspell when her mother drills her on the phone?
2. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
(a) Dorothea has had a stroke and is mute.
(b) Dorothea has a concussion from falling.
(c) Dorothea has a broken arm.
(d) Dorothea is in excellent health.
3. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
(a) Echo insists that she can hear Dorothea speak even though Dorothea is mute.
(b) Dorothea and Echo learned sign language.
(c) Dorothea writes messages on a dry erase board.
(d) Echo can read Dorothea's mind.
4. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
5. How does the play open?
(a) Echo hangs up the phone.
(b) Echo explains how she was raised.
(c) Dorothea tries to make Artie fly.
(d) Echo is spelling out the word eleemosynary.
6. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
(b) Deeply traumatized.
7. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
(a) Make her a better mother.
(b) Offer an escape from the mendacity of her life as well as an outlet for her creativity and intelligence.
(c) Be a way to finally get her education.
(d) Make her famous.
8. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
9. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) At a small college.
(b) Artie can't find a job.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a private school.
10. For Dorothea, eccentricity means _____________________her child.
(c) Having fun with.
11. How did the wings look?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(c) Crudely fashioned.
12. Echo is obsessed with __________________.
(a) Her mother.
(c) The wings.
(d) Spelling words.
13. What is Echo's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Echo is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(b) Echo is Dorothea's friend.
(c) Echo is Dorothea's mother.
(d) Echo is Dorothea's daughter.
14. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
(a) He leaves Dorothea.
(b) He is crippled in an accident.
(c) He dies suddenly.
(d) He has a stroke and is unable to communicate.
15. In scene 2 when the scene fades to black, where is the audience's attention redirected to?
(b) Artie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
2. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
3. Who first taught Echo to love words?
4. What is an eccentric?
5. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)