|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
2. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A self-proclaimed eccentric.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) A psychic.
3. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(b) Echo is able to spell very well.
(c) Echo is a great cook.
(d) Echo can run very fast.
4. Who opens the third scene?
(b) Artie's father.
5. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She hires tutors.
(b) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
(c) She walks her to school each morning.
(d) She gives her a math test everyday.
6. Who opens scene 2?
(c) Echo's father.
7. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
(a) She talks to her.
(b) She sings to her.
(c) She reads to her.
(d) She doesn't.
8. Who raised Echo?
(c) An orphanage.
(d) Echo's father.
9. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
(a) She meets him in the restaurant where she works.
(b) Her friends introduces them.
(c) Her father arranges the marriage.
(d) She meets him in college.
10. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
(a) That they will live in a big house.
(b) That Dorothea can have children.
(c) That Dorothea can go to college.
(d) That they will move to the country.
11. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To study to become a doctor.
(b) To spell "eleemosynary."
(c) To make a pair of wings.
(d) To try to fly with homemade wings.
12. Echo is obsessed with __________________.
(a) The wings.
(b) Spelling words.
(c) Her mother.
13. What does Dorothea value over motherhood?
14. How did the wings look?
(b) Crudely fashioned.
(d) Blue and yellow.
15. What is Echo's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Echo is Dorothea's friend.
(b) Echo is Dorothea's mother.
(c) Echo is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(d) Echo is Dorothea's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
2. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
3. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
4. How does Dorothea find Artie at the end of scene 2?
5. At what point in scene 3 does the audience lose sympathy for Dorothea?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)