|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Artie is _______________ she becomes pregnant.
2. Dorothea has ______________________expectations for her daughter.
(d) Very low.
3. What is an eccentric?
(a) A person who can spell very well.
(b) A person completely unbound by the ordinary rules and responsibilities the rest of society must accept.
(c) A person who is kind to everyone.
(d) A person of extreme intelligence.
4. How old is Artie when she has her first tutor?
5. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
(b) A little.
(c) Not at all.
6. Who first taught Echo to love words?
(b) Echo's father.
(c) Echo's aunt.
7. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
(b) Echo's father.
8. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(a) No one.
9. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
(a) She gets in a terrible automobile accident.
(b) She escapes through a restaurant window.
(c) She becomes lost in the airport.
(d) She is robbed.
10. What is Artie's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Artie is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(b) Artie is Dorothea's husband.
(c) Artie is Dorothea's daughter.
(d) Artie is Dorothea's father.
11. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
(a) That they will move to the country.
(b) That they will live in a big house.
(c) That Dorothea can go to college.
(d) That Dorothea can have children.
12. What is the last name of the family in this play?
13. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo can run very fast.
(b) Echo is a great cook.
(c) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(d) Echo is able to spell very well.
14. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A psychic.
(d) An eccentric.
15. Which character ends scene 1?
(a) Artie's father.
(d) Artie's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
2. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
3. Who raised Echo?
4. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
5. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)