|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
(a) Not at all.
(b) A little.
2. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her fear of flying.
(c) Her mother's health.
(d) Her own inability to touch others.
3. At what point in scene 3 does the audience lose sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When she is not sad when her husband dies.
(b) When she chooses to be an eccentric.
(c) When she endangers Artie by making her try to fly.
(d) When she marries someone she does not love.
4. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
(a) She reads to her.
(b) She talks to her.
(c) She sings to her.
(d) She doesn't.
5. How old is Artie when she has her first tutor?
6. Which character ends scene 1?
(b) Artie's aunt.
(c) Artie's father.
7. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(d) Artie's father.
8. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is pregnant with Artie.
(b) When Dorothea meets her husband.
(c) When Dorothea is forced into marriage and deprived of an education.
(d) When Dorothea is tremendously ill.
9. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
(a) Her father arranges the marriage.
(b) She meets him in the restaurant where she works.
(c) She meets him in college.
(d) Her friends introduces them.
10. In scene 2 when the scene fades to black, where is the audience's attention redirected to?
(d) Artie's father.
11. Who opens the third scene?
(a) Artie's father.
12. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
(a) With a book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) With banners of Latin and Greek letters.
(c) With a video tape.
(d) With a dictionary.
13. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(b) No one.
14. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
(a) She has freckles.
(b) She is too tall.
(c) She cannot remember details.
(d) She is unable to forget anything.
15. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(b) To make a pair of wings.
(c) To spell "eleemosynary."
(d) To study to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
2. Who is Artie named after?
3. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
4. How does Artie teach her daughter?
5. What does Artie do after her pregnancy?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)