|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
(a) Her father arranges the marriage.
(b) She meets him in the restaurant where she works.
(c) She meets him in college.
(d) Her friends introduces them.
2. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
(a) That Dorothea can have children.
(b) That they will move to the country.
(c) That Dorothea can go to college.
(d) That they will live in a big house.
3. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
(a) Her own inability to touch others.
(b) Her mother's health.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her fear of flying.
4. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
(a) Be a way to finally get her education.
(b) Make her famous.
(c) Offer an escape from the mendacity of her life as well as an outlet for her creativity and intelligence.
(d) Make her a better mother.
5. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
(a) With a book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) With banners of Latin and Greek letters.
(c) With a dictionary.
(d) With a video tape.
6. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) Artie can't find a job.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a small college.
(d) At a private school.
7. How does Artie teach her daughter?
(a) By having her use words in a sentence to show that she knows what they mean.
(b) By quizzing her constantly on how to spell words.
(c) By talking about stories she has read.
(d) By making her do pages of math problems.
8. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
9. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
(a) Dorothea and Echo learned sign language.
(b) Echo insists that she can hear Dorothea speak even though Dorothea is mute.
(c) Echo can read Dorothea's mind.
(d) Dorothea writes messages on a dry erase board.
10. Who first taught Echo to love words?
(b) Echo's father.
(d) Echo's aunt.
11. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(a) Echo's sister.
12. Echo is obsessed with __________________.
(a) Spelling words.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The wings.
13. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
14. Which character ends scene 1?
(b) Artie's aunt.
(c) Artie's father.
15. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(a) Artie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
2. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
3. For Dorothea, eccentricity means _____________________her child.
4. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
5. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)