|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To spell "eleemosynary."
(b) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(c) To study to become a doctor.
(d) To make a pair of wings.
2. How did Artie's father feel about her having tutors?
(a) He was indifferent about it.
(b) He was against it.
(c) He felt she was not learning anything from them.
(d) He was all for it.
3. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(a) No one.
4. When Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name, Echo was ___________.
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 3 months old.
(c) 1 year old.
(d) 2 years old.
5. What is an eccentric?
(a) A person of extreme intelligence.
(b) A person who can spell very well.
(c) A person completely unbound by the ordinary rules and responsibilities the rest of society must accept.
(d) A person who is kind to everyone.
6. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(b) Echo is a great cook.
(c) Echo can run very fast.
(d) Echo is able to spell very well.
7. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
(b) Her great love for her daughter.
(c) Her relationship with her father.
(d) Her knowledge base.
8. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is pregnant with Artie.
(b) When Dorothea is tremendously ill.
(c) When Dorothea meets her husband.
(d) When Dorothea is forced into marriage and deprived of an education.
9. In scene 3, when does the audience feel happy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea gets married.
(b) When Dorothea meets the eccentric.
(c) When Dorothea goes to college.
(d) When Dorothea is pregnant with her son.
10. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
(a) Echo would only talk about one thing.
(b) Dorothea would not allow them to talk on the phone.
(c) Artie did not know any other way to reach out to her daughter.
(d) Dorothea interupted their phone conversations.
11. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) At a small college.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a private school.
(d) Artie can't find a job.
12. Which character ends scene 1?
(a) Artie's aunt.
(c) Artie's father.
13. In scene 2, with what does Artie say she has trouble doing?
(a) Flying with homemade wings.
(b) Spelling words.
(c) Physically touching others, even her daughter.
(d) Running the mile.
14. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
(a) Dorothea feels no grief when he dies.
(b) Dorothea feels pity for her husband.
(c) Dorothea loves him dearly.
(d) Dorothea hates her husband.
15. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
(a) That her mother used the same banners of Latin and Greek letters with her.
(b) That she loved eating ice cream.
(c) That her mother sung to her as she put her to bed.
(d) She and her mother baking cookies together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dream does Artie have?
2. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
3. How many words does Echo misspell when her mother drills her on the phone?
4. Who opens scene 2?
5. How many times was Artie pregnant?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)