Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dorothea began teaching Echo to read at the age of ______________.
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 12 months.
2. Who is Artie named after?
(b) Arthur,her mother's father.
(c) Arthur, her father.
(d) Artemis, the Greco-Roman huntress; the sister of Apollo.
3. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She goes to college.
(b) She marries.
(c) She takes a job as a waitress.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
4. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea is thrilled and cannot wait until the baby is born.
(b) Dorothea wants Artie to get married before the baby is born.
(c) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
(d) Dorothea is upset because she feels having a child would ruin Artie's chance at an education.
5. What do the wings represent to Artie?
(a) A wonderful time from her childhood.
(b) Her terrible childhood with an eccentric, controlling mother.
(c) A gift from a loving mother.
(d) A way that she can finally fly.
6. What is the last name of the family in this play?
7. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(b) Artie's father.
8. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
(a) Dorothea writes messages on a dry erase board.
(b) Echo can read Dorothea's mind.
(c) Dorothea and Echo learned sign language.
(d) Echo insists that she can hear Dorothea speak even though Dorothea is mute.
9. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
(a) Offer an escape from the mendacity of her life as well as an outlet for her creativity and intelligence.
(b) Make her a better mother.
(c) Make her famous.
(d) Be a way to finally get her education.
10. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo is a great cook.
(b) Echo can run very fast.
(c) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(d) Echo is able to spell very well.
11. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
(d) Echo's father.
12. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A self-proclaimed eccentric.
(d) A professor at the university.
13. Who raised Echo?
(c) Echo's father.
(d) An orphanage.
14. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An eccentric.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A psychic.
15. How did Artie's father feel about her having tutors?
(a) He was indifferent about it.
(b) He was against it.
(c) He was all for it.
(d) He felt she was not learning anything from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. How did the wings look?
3. In scene 2 when the scene fades to black, where is the audience's attention redirected to?
4. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
5. What did Artie name her daughter?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)