|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her knowledge base.
(b) Her great love for her daughter.
(c) Her relationship with her father.
(d) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
2. In scene 2, with what does Artie say she has trouble doing?
(a) Physically touching others, even her daughter.
(b) Spelling words.
(c) Running the mile.
(d) Flying with homemade wings.
3. What did Artie name her daughter?
4. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea convinces Artie to have an abortion so she can go to college as planned.
(b) Dorothea convinces Artie to have the baby at home.
(c) Dorothea convinces Artie to give the baby up for adoption.
(d) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
5. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
(a) Dorothea hates her husband.
(b) Dorothea feels no grief when he dies.
(c) Dorothea loves him dearly.
(d) Dorothea feels pity for her husband.
6. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(a) 4 times.
(c) 3 times.
7. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
(a) Her mother's health.
(b) Her own inability to touch others.
(c) Her fear of flying.
(d) Her daughter.
8. Which character ends scene 1?
(b) Artie's father.
(d) Artie's aunt.
9. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
10. What children do Dorothea and her husband have?
(a) A boy and a girl named Artie.
(b) Just Artie.
(c) Echo and Artie.
(d) Two sons and Artie, her daughter.
11. What does Artie do after her pregnancy?
(a) Artie gets a job at a restaurant.
(b) Artie decides to be a stay-at-home mom.
(c) Artie runs away.
(d) Artie goes to college.
12. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
(a) A little.
(d) Not at all.
13. What is Artie's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Artie is Dorothea's husband.
(b) Artie is Dorothea's daughter.
(c) Artie is Dorothea's father.
(d) Artie is Dorothea's granddaughter.
14. What is an eccentric?
(a) A person of extreme intelligence.
(b) A person who is kind to everyone.
(c) A person completely unbound by the ordinary rules and responsibilities the rest of society must accept.
(d) A person who can spell very well.
15. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is pregnant with Artie.
(b) When Dorothea is tremendously ill.
(c) When Dorothea is forced into marriage and deprived of an education.
(d) When Dorothea meets her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Echo?
2. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
3. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
4. Who opens the third scene?
5. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)