|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(b) Not real.
(c) A neurosis.
(d) A gift.
2. Why does Dorothea marry her husband?
(a) She is forced into the marriage by her father.
(b) Dorothea marries him for money.
(c) Dorothea wants to have children.
(d) Dorothea loves him.
3. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
(a) Offer an escape from the mendacity of her life as well as an outlet for her creativity and intelligence.
(b) Be a way to finally get her education.
(c) Make her famous.
(d) Make her a better mother.
4. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
(a) She has freckles.
(b) She cannot remember details.
(c) She is too tall.
(d) She is unable to forget anything.
5. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
(a) Dorothea is in excellent health.
(b) Dorothea has a broken arm.
(c) Dorothea has a concussion from falling.
(d) Dorothea has had a stroke and is mute.
6. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her knowledge base.
(b) Her relationship with her father.
(c) Her great love for her daughter.
(d) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
7. Which character ends scene 1?
(b) Artie's aunt.
(d) Artie's father.
8. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
9. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
(a) She gets in a terrible automobile accident.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) She escapes through a restaurant window.
(d) She becomes lost in the airport.
10. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) She marries.
(c) She takes a job as a waitress.
(d) She goes to college.
11. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
(a) Artie's father.
12. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An eccentric.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A nurse.
13. How does the play open?
(a) Dorothea tries to make Artie fly.
(b) Echo is spelling out the word eleemosynary.
(c) Echo explains how she was raised.
(d) Echo hangs up the phone.
14. Who is Artie named after?
(a) Arthur, her father.
(c) Artemis, the Greco-Roman huntress; the sister of Apollo.
(d) Arthur,her mother's father.
15. What method of learning is Artie against?
(b) Comprehension of stories.
(c) Total recall.
(d) Drill and practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Artie's father feel about her having tutors?
2. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
3. Which character re-enters in the middle of scene 3?
4. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
5. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)