|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
(b) Her knowledge base.
(c) Her great love for her daughter.
(d) Her relationship with her father.
2. How many words does Echo misspell when her mother drills her on the phone?
3. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
(a) She and her mother baking cookies together.
(b) That her mother used the same banners of Latin and Greek letters with her.
(c) That she loved eating ice cream.
(d) That her mother sung to her as she put her to bed.
4. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea is thrilled and cannot wait until the baby is born.
(b) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
(c) Dorothea is upset because she feels having a child would ruin Artie's chance at an education.
(d) Dorothea wants Artie to get married before the baby is born.
5. What do the wings represent to Artie?
(a) A gift from a loving mother.
(b) Her terrible childhood with an eccentric, controlling mother.
(c) A wonderful time from her childhood.
(d) A way that she can finally fly.
6. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To study to become a doctor.
(b) To spell "eleemosynary."
(c) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(d) To make a pair of wings.
7. Dorothea began teaching Echo to read at the age of ______________.
(a) 3 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
8. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
(a) Echo is Artie's daughter.
(b) Echo is Artie's granddaughter.
(c) Echo is Artie's sister.
(d) Echo is Artie's mother.
9. Which character re-enters in the middle of scene 3?
(c) Dorothea's husband.
10. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
(a) She is too tall.
(b) She cannot remember details.
(c) She has freckles.
(d) She is unable to forget anything.
11. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She gives her a math test everyday.
(b) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
(c) She hires tutors.
(d) She walks her to school each morning.
12. When Artie is _______________ she becomes pregnant.
13. How does the play open?
(a) Echo explains how she was raised.
(b) Echo hangs up the phone.
(c) Dorothea tries to make Artie fly.
(d) Echo is spelling out the word eleemosynary.
14. How did the wings look?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Crudely fashioned.
15. How many generations of women does this play cover?
Short Answer Questions
1. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
2. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
3. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
4. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
5. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)