|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
(a) She reads to her.
(b) She talks to her.
(c) She sings to her.
(d) She doesn't.
2. How does Dorothea find Artie at the end of scene 2?
(a) With the help of a private investigator.
(b) WIth a map and compass.
(c) Dorothea never finds Artie.
(d) With the help of Echo.
3. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
(b) Dorothea convinces Artie to have an abortion so she can go to college as planned.
(c) Dorothea convinces Artie to give the baby up for adoption.
(d) Dorothea convinces Artie to have the baby at home.
4. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
(b) Artie's father.
5. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She hires tutors.
(b) She gives her a math test everyday.
(c) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
(d) She walks her to school each morning.
6. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
(a) Her fear of flying.
(b) Her own inability to touch others.
(c) Her mother's health.
(d) Her daughter.
7. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) Artie can't find a job.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a small college.
8. What is Echo doing during scene 3?
(a) Echo is reading a book.
(b) Echo is playing in the sandbox.
(c) Echo is not in the scene.
(d) Echo is spelling.
9. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
(a) He leaves Dorothea.
(b) He is crippled in an accident.
(c) He has a stroke and is unable to communicate.
(d) He dies suddenly.
10. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(d) Echo's sister.
11. In scene 3, which character does the audience meet more fully?
(c) Dorothea's mother.
12. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
(a) A self-proclaimed eccentric.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A professor at the university.
(d) Her future husband.
13. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(a) A gift.
(b) Not real.
(d) A neurosis.
14. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(a) 4 times.
(c) 3 times.
15. Which character re-enters in the middle of scene 3?
(d) Dorothea's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
2. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
3. What do the wings represent to Artie?
4. What foreshadows the relationship between Echo and Artie in the first scene?
5. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)