|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She marries.
(b) She becomes pregnant.
(c) She takes a job as a waitress.
(d) She goes to college.
2. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
(a) Deeply traumatized.
3. What method of learning is Artie against?
(a) Total recall.
(b) Drill and practice.
(d) Comprehension of stories.
4. What is Artie's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Artie is Dorothea's husband.
(b) Artie is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(c) Artie is Dorothea's daughter.
(d) Artie is Dorothea's father.
5. How many generations of women does this play cover?
6. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
(b) Famial love, tainted with resentment and bitterness.
(c) Love and charity.
(d) Extreme animosity.
7. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A psychic.
(c) An eccentric.
(d) A nurse.
8. How does Dorothea feel about her husband?
(a) Dorothea feels no grief when he dies.
(b) Dorothea feels pity for her husband.
(c) Dorothea loves him dearly.
(d) Dorothea hates her husband.
9. How did Artie's father feel about her having tutors?
(a) He felt she was not learning anything from them.
(b) He was indifferent about it.
(c) He was against it.
(d) He was all for it.
10. In scene 3, when does the audience feel happy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is pregnant with her son.
(b) When Dorothea gets married.
(c) When Dorothea meets the eccentric.
(d) When Dorothea goes to college.
11. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her knowledge base.
(b) Her great love for her daughter.
(c) Her relationship with her father.
(d) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
12. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(b) 4 times.
(c) 3 times.
13. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo can run very fast.
(b) Echo is a great cook.
(c) Echo is able to spell very well.
(d) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
14. How does the play open?
(a) Echo hangs up the phone.
(b) Dorothea tries to make Artie fly.
(c) Echo explains how she was raised.
(d) Echo is spelling out the word eleemosynary.
15. When Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name, Echo was ___________.
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 3 months old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 1 year old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Echo?
2. What foreshadows the relationship between Echo and Artie in the first scene?
3. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
4. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
5. How old is Artie when she has her first tutor?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)