|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She takes a job as a waitress.
(b) She marries.
(c) She becomes pregnant.
(d) She goes to college.
2. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(c) No one.
3. What is an eccentric?
(a) A person who can spell very well.
(b) A person completely unbound by the ordinary rules and responsibilities the rest of society must accept.
(c) A person of extreme intelligence.
(d) A person who is kind to everyone.
4. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mother's health.
(c) Her own inability to touch others.
(d) Her fear of flying.
5. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(b) Echo's sister.
6. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
(a) Echo can read Dorothea's mind.
(b) Dorothea and Echo learned sign language.
(c) Echo insists that she can hear Dorothea speak even though Dorothea is mute.
(d) Dorothea writes messages on a dry erase board.
7. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
(b) Deeply traumatized.
8. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
(a) Artie's father.
9. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
(a) Her father arranges the marriage.
(b) She meets him in the restaurant where she works.
(c) She meets him in college.
(d) Her friends introduces them.
10. For Dorothea, eccentricity means _____________________her child.
(a) Having fun with.
11. When Artie is _______________ she becomes pregnant.
12. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
(a) She and her mother baking cookies together.
(b) That her mother sung to her as she put her to bed.
(c) That her mother used the same banners of Latin and Greek letters with her.
(d) That she loved eating ice cream.
13. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To spell "eleemosynary."
(b) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(c) To study to become a doctor.
(d) To make a pair of wings.
14. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
(a) With a video tape.
(b) With banners of Latin and Greek letters.
(c) With a dictionary.
(d) With a book of Shakespeare's plays.
15. Why does Dorothea marry her husband?
(a) Dorothea loves him.
(b) Dorothea marries him for money.
(c) Dorothea wants to have children.
(d) She is forced into the marriage by her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can eccentricity do for Dorothea?
2. How did Artie's father feel about her having tutors?
3. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
4. Who opens scene 2?
5. How does Artie teach her daughter?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)