|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
(a) Echo's father.
2. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
3. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
(a) A self-proclaimed eccentric.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) A professor at the university.
(d) A psychic.
4. What foreshadows the relationship between Echo and Artie in the first scene?
(a) Artie running to hug her daughter.
(b) Echo drawing a picture.
(c) Echo communicating with mute Dorothea.
(d) Echo spelling the title of the play out loud.
5. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
(a) Echo is Artie's daughter.
(b) Echo is Artie's mother.
(c) Echo is Artie's sister.
(d) Echo is Artie's granddaughter.
6. How does Dorothea meet her husband?
(a) She meets him in college.
(b) She meets him in the restaurant where she works.
(c) Her friends introduces them.
(d) Her father arranges the marriage.
7. What trait does Artie say she has that makes her life so hard?
(a) She is too tall.
(b) She has freckles.
(c) She cannot remember details.
(d) She is unable to forget anything.
8. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
(a) Dorothea has a broken arm.
(b) Dorothea is in excellent health.
(c) Dorothea has a concussion from falling.
(d) Dorothea has had a stroke and is mute.
9. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
(a) That they will move to the country.
(b) That Dorothea can have children.
(c) That they will live in a big house.
(d) That Dorothea can go to college.
10. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(d) Artie's father.
11. What great skill does Echo have?
(a) Echo is able to spell very well.
(b) Echo is a great cook.
(c) Echo can fly with homemade wings.
(d) Echo can run very fast.
12. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(a) A neurosis.
(c) Not real.
(d) A gift.
13. In scene 2 when the scene fades to black, where is the audience's attention redirected to?
(c) Artie's father.
14. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
(a) Artie did not know any other way to reach out to her daughter.
(b) Dorothea would not allow them to talk on the phone.
(c) Echo would only talk about one thing.
(d) Dorothea interupted their phone conversations.
15. What is the last name of the family in this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. How did the wings look?
3. What is an eccentric?
4. Who first taught Echo to love words?
5. How does Artie teach her daughter?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)