|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
(a) Artie told Echo how to fly.
(b) Artie called out words for Echo to spell.
(c) Artie asked questions about Dorothea.
(d) Artie told Echo stories about her childhood.
2. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(c) No one.
3. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
(a) He has a stroke and is unable to communicate.
(b) He dies suddenly.
(c) He leaves Dorothea.
(d) He is crippled in an accident.
4. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
(b) Dorothea is upset because she feels having a child would ruin Artie's chance at an education.
(c) Dorothea wants Artie to get married before the baby is born.
(d) Dorothea is thrilled and cannot wait until the baby is born.
5. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She walks her to school each morning.
(b) She gives her a math test everyday.
(c) She hires tutors.
(d) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
6. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is forced into marriage and deprived of an education.
(b) When Dorothea is tremendously ill.
(c) When Dorothea meets her husband.
(d) When Dorothea is pregnant with Artie.
7. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
8. What foreshadows the relationship between Echo and Artie in the first scene?
(a) Echo drawing a picture.
(b) Echo communicating with mute Dorothea.
(c) Artie running to hug her daughter.
(d) Echo spelling the title of the play out loud.
9. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
(a) Echo is Artie's sister.
(b) Echo is Artie's daughter.
(c) Echo is Artie's granddaughter.
(d) Echo is Artie's mother.
10. What dream does Artie have?
(a) That her mother has a terrible accident.
(b) That she is able to fly through the sky with homemade wings.
(c) That Echo falls out of a tree.
(d) That her mother burns all Artie's books.
11. In scene 3, which character does the audience meet more fully?
(c) Dorothea's mother.
12. What is Echo's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Echo is Dorothea's daughter.
(b) Echo is Dorothea's mother.
(c) Echo is Dorothea's granddaughter.
(d) Echo is Dorothea's friend.
13. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
(c) Deeply traumatized.
14. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
(a) Show affection.
(b) Keep her healthy.
(c) Drive her to school.
15. For Dorothea, eccentricity means _____________________her child.
(c) Having fun with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
2. In scene 3, when does the audience feel happy for Dorothea?
3. How old is Echo when the plays opens?
4. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
5. How did the wings look?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)