|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene 2, with what does Artie say she has trouble doing?
(a) Spelling words.
(b) Physically touching others, even her daughter.
(c) Flying with homemade wings.
(d) Running the mile.
2. After the picnic, what does Dorothea decide she should become?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An eccentric.
(d) A psychic.
3. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
(d) Deeply traumatized.
4. Where in scene 3 does the audience feel sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea is forced into marriage and deprived of an education.
(b) When Dorothea meets her husband.
(c) When Dorothea is tremendously ill.
(d) When Dorothea is pregnant with Artie.
5. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) At a small college.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) Artie can't find a job.
(d) At a private school.
6. What children do Dorothea and her husband have?
(a) Echo and Artie.
(b) A boy and a girl named Artie.
(c) Just Artie.
(d) Two sons and Artie, her daughter.
7. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
(b) Show affection.
(c) Keep her healthy.
(d) Drive her to school.
8. What is Artie's relationship to Dorothea?
(a) Artie is Dorothea's father.
(b) Artie is Dorothea's husband.
(c) Artie is Dorothea's daughter.
(d) Artie is Dorothea's granddaughter.
9. Why does Dorothea marry her husband?
(a) Dorothea wants to have children.
(b) Dorothea marries him for money.
(c) Dorothea loves him.
(d) She is forced into the marriage by her father.
10. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(b) Echo's sister.
11. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(a) No one.
12. What did Artie name her daughter?
13. When Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name, Echo was ___________.
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 1 year old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 3 months old.
14. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
(a) She escapes through a restaurant window.
(b) She gets in a terrible automobile accident.
(c) She is robbed.
(d) She becomes lost in the airport.
15. After Dorothea talks about her marriage, what topic does she talk about?
(a) Her great love for her daughter.
(b) Her knowledge base.
(c) Her first meeting of an eccentric.
(d) Her relationship with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
2. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
3. What is an eccentric?
4. How does Artie teach her daughter?
5. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)