|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
(a) Extreme animosity.
(c) Love and charity.
(d) Famial love, tainted with resentment and bitterness.
2. What is Echo's relationship to Artie?
(a) Echo is Artie's daughter.
(b) Echo is Artie's sister.
(c) Echo is Artie's mother.
(d) Echo is Artie's granddaughter.
3. How does the play open?
(a) Echo explains how she was raised.
(b) Dorothea tries to make Artie fly.
(c) Echo is spelling out the word eleemosynary.
(d) Echo hangs up the phone.
4. Who first taught Echo to love words?
(b) Echo's aunt.
(c) Echo's father.
5. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
(a) He is crippled in an accident.
(b) He leaves Dorothea.
(c) He dies suddenly.
(d) He has a stroke and is unable to communicate.
6. What does Artie do after her pregnancy?
(a) Artie runs away.
(b) Artie decides to be a stay-at-home mom.
(c) Artie goes to college.
(d) Artie gets a job at a restaurant.
7. Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name to ______________________.
8. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
(a) Dorothea has a concussion from falling.
(b) Dorothea has a broken arm.
(c) Dorothea is in excellent health.
(d) Dorothea has had a stroke and is mute.
9. How many words does Echo misspell when her mother drills her on the phone?
10. What was Dorothea's childhood like?
(a) Dorothea had lots of friends and was happy.
(b) Dorothea's parents doted on Dorothea.
(c) Dorothea had a wonderful childhood filled with love.
(d) Dorothea felt worthless and guilty growing up.
11. Which character ends scene 1?
(b) Artie's father.
(c) Artie's aunt.
12. Who enters the first scene wearing wings?
(d) No one.
13. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(b) To study to become a doctor.
(c) To make a pair of wings.
(d) To spell "eleemosynary."
14. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She takes a job as a waitress.
(b) She marries.
(c) She becomes pregnant.
(d) She goes to college.
15. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 3 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorothea meet at the picnic?
2. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
3. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
4. What method of learning is Artie against?
5. Why does Dorothea marry her husband?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)