|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dorothea tries to _________________________ Artie.
2. Who opens the third scene?
(c) Artie's father.
3. Which character ends scene 1?
(a) Artie's aunt.
(b) Artie's father.
4. What did Artie name her daughter?
5. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
(a) That Dorothea can have children.
(b) That Dorothea can go to college.
(c) That they will move to the country.
(d) That they will live in a big house.
6. How is Dorothea's health as the play opens?
(a) Dorothea has a broken arm.
(b) Dorothea has had a stroke and is mute.
(c) Dorothea has a concussion from falling.
(d) Dorothea is in excellent health.
7. What dream does Artie have?
(a) That her mother has a terrible accident.
(b) That Echo falls out of a tree.
(c) That she is able to fly through the sky with homemade wings.
(d) That her mother burns all Artie's books.
8. How many times was Artie pregnant?
(b) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
9. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She marries.
(b) She takes a job as a waitress.
(c) She goes to college.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
10. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) Artie can't find a job.
(b) At a small college.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a restaurant.
11. How did the wings look?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(c) Crudely fashioned.
12. In scene 3, when does the audience feel happy for Dorothea?
(a) When Dorothea goes to college.
(b) When Dorothea meets the eccentric.
(c) When Dorothea gets married.
(d) When Dorothea is pregnant with her son.
13. What is Echo doing during scene 3?
(a) Echo is playing in the sandbox.
(b) Echo is reading a book.
(c) Echo is spelling.
(d) Echo is not in the scene.
14. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She walks her to school each morning.
(b) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
(c) She hires tutors.
(d) She gives her a math test everyday.
15. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
(a) Echo's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artie teach her daughter?
2. What is an eccentric?
3. What is Echo's relationship to Dorothea?
4. What is the last name of the family in this play?
5. Dorothea has ______________________expectations for her daughter.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)