|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(b) To study to become a doctor.
(c) To spell "eleemosynary."
(d) To make a pair of wings.
2. When Artie calls her daughter on the phone, what does Echo tell Dorothea about the phone call?
(a) That is was a wrong number.
(b) That it was a sales call.
(c) That it was from her father.
(d) That it was from a dead person.
3. How does Artie teach her daughter?
(a) By having her use words in a sentence to show that she knows what they mean.
(b) By quizzing her constantly on how to spell words.
(c) By making her do pages of math problems.
(d) By talking about stories she has read.
4. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(a) A gift.
(c) Not real.
(d) A neurosis.
5. What did Echo remember about the trip back east?
(a) Stopping at all the restaurants to eat.
(b) Visiting a landing strip for UFOs.
(c) Nothing, since she was just a baby.
(d) Visiting an Indian burial ground,
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
2. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
3. What happens with the Westbrook ladies for the two years after the spelling bee?
4. What happens to Dorothea after her stroke?
5. Artie has an inability to do what, regarding Echo?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)