|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How hard was it for Echo to get to the National Spelling Bee?
(a) She got there easily.
(b) She only made it because another contestant became ill.
(c) She barely made it there.
(d) She had to practice a lot.
2. Why does Artie not like the vortex?
(a) She feels uncomfortable standing in a circle.
(b) She thought the building might fall down with her in it.
(c) She does not like the loud noise of racecars.
(d) It disturbs her because she does not like rules to be broken.
3. In reference to Echo and Artie's argument in the beginning of scene 4, what does Artie believe?
(a) That Dorothea needs them to intereact with her.
(b) That Dorothea's coma is her fault.
(c) That Dorothea can hear them in her coma.
(d) That Dorothea is a vegetable.
4. At what point in scene 3 does the audience lose sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When she is not sad when her husband dies.
(b) When she chooses to be an eccentric.
(c) When she endangers Artie by making her try to fly.
(d) When she marries someone she does not love.
5. What excuse does the spelling bee give Artie?
(a) To mend her relationship with Dorothea.
(b) To call her daughter more often.
(c) To practice her own spelling.
(d) To visit Echo on a weekly basis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What children do Dorothea and her husband have?
2. What dream does Artie have?
3. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
4. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
5. Why is winning the spelling bee so important to Echo?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)