|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artie communicate with her mother when her mother is mute?
(a) She reads to her.
(b) She sings to her.
(c) She talks to her.
(d) She doesn't.
2. Where does Dorothea live?
(a) In a house next door to Artie.
(b) In an apartment in Artie's building.
(c) About an hour away from Artie's house.
(d) In a house near Artie.
3. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea convinces Artie to have the baby at home.
(b) Dorothea convinces Artie to give the baby up for adoption.
(c) Dorothea convinces Artie to have an abortion so she can go to college as planned.
(d) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
4. What does Dorothea do after graduating from high school?
(a) She takes a job as a waitress.
(b) She marries.
(c) She goes to college.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
5. Instead of coming to see Echo, what does Artie do?
(a) She never contacts Echo.
(b) She write her a letter everyday.
(c) She asks Echo to meet her.
(d) She sometimes calls her on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothea do with the lock of hair?
2. What is Dorothea's reaction to Artie's pregnancy?
3. Why was Echo happy to hear the word "eleemosynary" at the spelling bee?
4. What chance of reuniting her family through the spelling bee did Echo have?
5. What excuse does Artie originally give for not being able to attend the spelling bee?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)