|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How concerned is Artie about her fear?
(a) A little.
(d) Not at all.
2. How old is Artie when she has her first tutor?
3. Artie's fear is considered __________________________.
(b) A gift.
(c) Not real.
(d) A neurosis.
4. How does Dorothea and Artie's phone call first phone call in scene 4 end?
(a) They make plans to meet the next day.
(b) They say good-bye, promising to talk again soon.
(c) Artie hangs up.
(d) Dorothea hangs up.
5. What does Dorothea do to help Artie learn?
(a) She hires tutors.
(b) She calls words out for her to spell from the dictionary.
(c) She gives her a math test everyday.
(d) She walks her to school each morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reference to Echo and Artie's argument in the beginning of scene 4, what does Echo believe?
2. In the opening of scene 2, what does Artie say concerns her the most?
3. Who first taught Echo to love words?
4. What does Echo do as Artie leaves the auditorium after the spelling bee?
5. What did Echo and her mother talk about on the phone?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)