|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
(a) She and her mother baking cookies together.
(b) That she loved eating ice cream.
(c) That her mother used the same banners of Latin and Greek letters with her.
(d) That her mother sung to her as she put her to bed.
2. What did Artie's mother want her to do when Artie was young?
(a) To make a pair of wings.
(b) To study to become a doctor.
(c) To try to fly with homemade wings.
(d) To spell "eleemosynary."
3. What happens to Dorothea's husband?
(a) He dies suddenly.
(b) He is crippled in an accident.
(c) He has a stroke and is unable to communicate.
(d) He leaves Dorothea.
4. Who first taught Echo to love words?
(b) Echo's father.
(d) Echo's aunt.
5. At what point in scene 3 does the audience lose sympathy for Dorothea?
(a) When she chooses to be an eccentric.
(b) When she endangers Artie by making her try to fly.
(c) When she is not sad when her husband dies.
(d) When she marries someone she does not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
2. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
3. How does Artie feel about the outcome of her pregnancy?
4. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
5. Who is Artie named after?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)