|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
(a) Love and charity.
(b) Famial love, tainted with resentment and bitterness.
(d) Extreme animosity.
2. Why were Artie and Echo's conversations limited?
(a) Dorothea would not allow them to talk on the phone.
(b) Dorothea interupted their phone conversations.
(c) Echo would only talk about one thing.
(d) Artie did not know any other way to reach out to her daughter.
3. Who made the wings that a character is wearing in the first scene?
(a) Echo's sister.
4. How do Echo and Dorothea communicate?
(a) Echo can read Dorothea's mind.
(b) Dorothea and Echo learned sign language.
(c) Echo insists that she can hear Dorothea speak even though Dorothea is mute.
(d) Dorothea writes messages on a dry erase board.
5. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(d) Artie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of learning is Artie against?
2. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
3. When Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name, Echo was ___________.
4. What was Dorothea's childhood like?
5. What does Dorothea's husband promise her, but then does not fulfill?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)