|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that a smart girl will never be married?
(b) Artie's father.
2. What method of learning is Artie against?
(b) Total recall.
(c) Comprehension of stories.
(d) Drill and practice.
3. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
(a) With a book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) With a video tape.
(c) With a dictionary.
(d) With banners of Latin and Greek letters.
4. Where does Artie find employment at the end of scene 2?
(a) Artie can't find a job.
(b) At a private school.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a small college.
5. What does Dorothea convince Artie to do about her pregnancy?
(a) Dorothea convinces Artie to have an abortion so she can go to college as planned.
(b) Dorothea is disappointed that Artie is so young, but is excited about having a grandchild.
(c) Dorothea convinces Artie to have the baby at home.
(d) Dorothea convinces Artie to give the baby up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between the women in the family?
2. How does the play open?
3. Who raised Echo?
4. How does Artie teach her daughter?
5. The play's title is most relevant to which character?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)