|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Artie's way back home at the end of scene 2?
(a) She becomes lost in the airport.
(b) She escapes through a restaurant window.
(c) She is robbed.
(d) She gets in a terrible automobile accident.
2. When Artie comes to Echo's spelling bee, where does she sit?
(a) Right up front so she can cheer on Echo.
(b) Far away from Dorothea so neither she nor Echo can see her.
(c) In the seat next to Dorothea.
(d) In the seat directly behind Dorothea.
3. In Scene 6, how does Artie communicate with her daughter after seeing her?
(a) She calls her to help her study spelling.
(b) She writes her letters once a week.
(c) She visits her once a month.
(d) She breaks off all communication.
4. Why was Echo happy to hear the word "eleemosynary" at the spelling bee?
(a) It is her favorite word.
(b) It was the longest word she knew.
(c) Her mother loved the word.
(d) She had never heard it before, but could sound it out.
5. What does Echo do as Artie leaves the auditorium after the spelling bee?
(a) Begs her to stay.
(b) Smiles and waves good bye.
(c) Cries openly.
(d) Runs after her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the little boy losing and Echo losing, from Echo's perspective?
2. How does Dorothea teach her granddaughter?
3. When Dorothea changed her granddaughter's name, Echo was ___________.
4. How many times did Artie run away?
5. In scene 2, with what does Artie say she has trouble doing?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)