|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is winning the spelling bee so important to Echo?
(a) She wants her grandmother to be proud of her.
(b) She wants her mother to be proud of her.
(c) She thinks it will reunite her mother and grandmother.
(d) She wants the prize for winning.
2. What are Echo and Artie arguing about in the beginning of scene 4?
(a) About who should take care of Dorothea.
(b) About Echo's education.
(c) Whether or not Dorothea can hear them in her coma.
(d) About Artie leaving Echo as a child.
3. What does Artie remember from her own childhood?
(a) That her mother sung to her as she put her to bed.
(b) That she loved eating ice cream.
(c) She and her mother baking cookies together.
(d) That her mother used the same banners of Latin and Greek letters with her.
4. What did Artie do right after kissing Dorothea after the spelling bee?
(a) She ran out of the auditorium.
(b) She asked Echo to come live with her.
(c) She moved back into Dorothea's home.
(d) She asked Echo and Dorothea to come to dinner with her.
5. How does Artie and Echo's argument end?
(a) They agree to disagree, and both sit with Dorothea.
(b) Echo convinces Artie to talk to Dorothea.
(c) Echo leaves in frustration.
(d) Artie leaves in frustration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothea began teaching Echo to read at the age of ______________.
2. What kind of winner was Echo?
3. In scene 2 when the scene fades to black, where is the audience's attention redirected to?
4. Scene 2 begins and ends with which character?
5. Why does Dorothea insist that Artie now needs her when Artie calls her the second time in scene 4?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)