|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Cy gain insights into Grace's personality?
(a) He can ask Maximus.
(b) He can watch Grace perform.
(c) He can read some psychology books in the library.
(d) He can quiz chess devotees unobtrusively about Grace's strategy.
2. Where is Cy in 1946?
(a) Back at Coney Island.
(b) Killed in the war.
(c) Back at Pedder Street.
(d) In Southern California with Claudia and Arturas.
3. Of whom does the tall nurse who sends Cy home remind Cy?
4. After hearing Grace talk, what does Cy wonder about her?
(a) If she is making it all up.
(b) If she is insane.
(c) If she could be an orphan of the Great War.
(d) Why she would carry on in such a manner.
5. What does Claudia do to Grace's assailant?
(a) Ties him up for the police.
(b) Pours acid on him.
(c) Stabs him to death.
(d) Nearly beats him to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to care for Maximus?
2. How can Cy draw mermaids?
3. What does Henry find when he climbs the floor to where Sedak is held?
4. Of what does Cy ask confirmation from Grace?
5. What does Cy see as a tattoo artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Arturas and Claudia Overas and Cy.
2. How is Grace described at the beginning of "The Lady of Many Eyes"?
3. Describe the last image in the book and what you think is its meaning.
4. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
5. Why do you think Cy returns to Pedder Street in Morecambe?
6. Give a physical and psychological description of Claudia.
7. Describe the first few days that Cy spends at the hospital.
8. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
9. Why does Cy stay open on rainy days and describe one such day.
10. How does Cy remember Grace?
This section contains 1,524 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)