|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry notice about the service elevator?
(a) It is stuck between floors.
(b) It smells like burning rubber.
(c) It is held open by a box on the ground floor.
(d) It is turned off.
2. Who is going to care for Maximus?
(c) The circus trainer.
3. What does Cy do when he visits Maximus?
(a) Talks to him about his plans to move back to Europe.
(c) Assures him of Grace's love.
(d) Grooms him.
4. By what is Cy riveted?
(a) The thought that Grace was with all those soldiers right now.
(b) The idea of Reeda, Grace and the eye.
(c) The idea of sex with Grace while working on the tattoo.
(d) The idea of working on Grace's body.
5. Who sports orange hair and smudged black eyes and wears an oversized dress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arturas' moniker?
2. Why does America require voyeurism in every attraction?
3. What does Cy do as Grace walks away?
4. Where is Cy in 1946?
5. What does Claudia do to Grace's assailant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the sexual images Cy has of mermaids?
2. How had Grace come to be known by some many so that perhaps Sedak knows of her and judges her?
3. What are Sedak's motives in attacking Grace?
4. How does Claudia become to have so many tattoos and to what does that lead Artura and Claudia?
5. Describe the first meeting between Arturas and Claudia Overas and Cy.
6. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
7. Why do you think Cy returns to Pedder Street in Morecambe?
8. How does Cy feel about tattooing?
9. What does the narrator say about the light in Brooklyn?
10. Why does Cy stay open on rainy days and describe one such day.
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)