|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requires appalling discipline on Cy's part?
(a) Not telling Grace he does not approve of her design.
(b) Working on Grace and charging her money for the pleasure.
(c) Coming to know Grace's body without surrendering to lust.
(d) Requesting that Maximus stays home so that Grace is thinking of Cy.
2. In what condition do they find Sedak?
(a) Fine except a small eye tattoo.
(b) Burned and blinded.
3. What drawing does Cy search for and find near the end of the book?
(a) A woman on a dancing horse.
(b) An ancient eye.
(c) A flying horse.
(d) His first mermaid.
4. What does Cy decide he needs while looking at the design on paper that Grace hands him?
(a) Advice from Arturas.
(b) Advice from Claudia.
(c) A strong drink.
(d) Grace there to explain it.
5. What happens as Grace lies in the hospital?
(a) The assault becomes the talk of Coney Island.
(b) Her assailant is sentenced to forty years in prison.
(c) Her horse dies.
(d) Her assailant is killed by a Coney Island mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia do to Grace's assailant?
2. What is Arturas' moniker?
3. What is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn?
4. When Cy walks Grace home when he first meets her, what does he think about at the door?
5. What does Grace's paper show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the sexual images Cy has of mermaids?
2. What gives a possible hint to a terrible secret in Grace's past?
3. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
4. Describe the first meeting between Arturas and Claudia Overas and Cy.
5. Why does Cy not knock on apartment number 104, though it draws him?
6. How are tattooists looked at in Coney Island?
7. How is Grace described at the beginning of "The Lady of Many Eyes"?
8. When Grace is out of the hospital and visits Cy, how is her body described and how does Cy respond?
9. What does Cy think he sees in a neighboring apartment that makes him question his sanity?
10. How does Cy first meet Grace?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)