|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Grace hypnotized?
(a) The sound of the waves rolling on the beach.
(b) The sound of the mechanical embroidery.
(c) The sound of Cy humming a hymn.
(d) The murmer of Cy as he reassures his client.
2. Where does Cy go despite his vows never to return after Lulu's death?
(a) To uptown Manhatten.
(b) To Ellis Island.
(c) To watch Grace at the circus.
(d) To Central Park.
3. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
(a) Displaying at the Human Picture Gallery while performing feats of strength that enthrall the public.
(b) Raising children.
(c) Working as a scully maid.
(d) Helping her husband create tattoo art.
4. By what is Cy riveted?
(a) The idea of sex with Grace while working on the tattoo.
(b) The thought that Grace was with all those soldiers right now.
(c) The idea of Reeda, Grace and the eye.
(d) The idea of working on Grace's body.
5. How does Grace reassure Cy about her body?
(a) Tells him doctors can do amazing things with skin grafts.
(b) Has him touch her scars.
(c) Tells him she no longer feels pain.
(d) Tells him that just knowing he was visiting Maximus made her feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Riley eclipsed Reeda?
2. Who is going to care for Maximus?
3. What happens on Cy's 65th birthday?
4. What does Cy assume all newcomers to New York feel?
5. With what is Coney Island drunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sedak's motives in attacking Grace?
2. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
3. How does Grace send Eva's ghost packing?
4. What does Grace want from Cy and why do you think she wants it?
5. How is Grace described at the beginning of "The Lady of Many Eyes"?
6. How are tattooists looked at in Coney Island?
7. How does Cy remember Grace?
8. What is the connection between the game of chess and Grace?
9. Why does Cy not knock on apartment number 104, though it draws him?
10. What does the narrator say about the light in Brooklyn?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)