|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Cy meet Arturas and Claudia Overas?
(a) When he rents his apartment.
(b) When buying his first batch of ink.
(c) When he hangs out his sign on his shop.
(d) When he almost gets hit by a taxi.
2. Who is Malcolm Sedak?
(a) A man who sues Cy for a bad tattoo job.
(b) The man who burns Grace with acid.
(c) The man who saves Grace from a man who attacks her.
(d) A man who loses one hundred dollars in a chess game to Grace.
3. In what condition do they find Sedak?
(c) Fine except a small eye tattoo.
(d) Burned and blinded.
4. Why do the police close Sedak's file?
(a) They find the culprits.
(b) They think the assailants are dead.
(c) No one really cares about what happened.
(d) They think Sedak insanely hurt himself.
5. What has Claudia been doing for eight years?
(a) Helping her husband create tattoo art.
(b) Displaying at the Human Picture Gallery while performing feats of strength that enthrall the public.
(c) Working as a scully maid.
(d) Raising children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cy when "Babylon in Brooklyn" opens?
2. How does Claudia describe Grace?
3. After hearing Grace talk, what does Cy wonder about her?
4. How does Grace reassure Cy about her body?
5. What does Cy do when he visits Maximus?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cy is somewhat inebriated in Vargas, he makes what connection between Grace and his mother and how does he react to that connection?
2. Why does Cy stay open on rainy days and describe one such day.
3. What secret of Claudia's does Grace hold?
4. Why does Cy not knock on apartment number 104, though it draws him?
5. What is the connection between the game of chess and Grace?
6. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
7. Why do you think Cy returns to Pedder Street in Morecambe?
8. What are Sedak's motives in attacking Grace?
9. Describe the last image in the book and what you think is its meaning.
10. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)