|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do tattooists stand apart from the tricksters and freaks?
(a) They do everything in the open.
(b) They are seen as somehow genuine and timeless.
(c) They have to have a license.
(d) They develop a true rapport with their customers.
2. Who is Lulu?
(a) A bareback trick rider.
(b) The gentle performing elephant that accidentally crushes a man to death.
(c) A tightrope walker.
(d) One of the co-joined twins.
3. What does Cy do as Grace walks away?
(a) He prepares to tattoo an eye on his arm.
(b) He wrecks his shop.
(c) He gets his gun out of the drawer.
(d) He lets out a wolf-like howl and slumps to the ground.
4. What is a tattooist's paradise and can easily accommodate more artists?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Coney Island.
5. What does Cy offer Nina?
(a) An apprenticeship.
(b) A scholarship.
(d) A free tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cy know his neighbors' names?
2. Who is going to care for Maximus?
3. What does Grace's paper show?
4. Who is Malcolm Sedak?
5. What does Cy do when he visits Maximus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grace want from Cy and why do you think she wants it?
2. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
3. When Cy is somewhat inebriated in Vargas, he makes what connection between Grace and his mother and how does he react to that connection?
4. Give a physical and psychological description of Claudia.
5. Describe the first meeting between Arturas and Claudia Overas and Cy.
6. Describe the first few days that Cy spends at the hospital.
7. How does Cy remember Grace?
8. What does Cy think about Coney Island and how do you interpret that?
9. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
10. How does Grace send Eva's ghost packing?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)