|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cy offer Nina?
(a) A free tattoo.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(d) A scholarship.
2. Who is Arturas?
(a) A cart man.
(b) A stevedore.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) The best tattoo artist in New York.
3. What is a tattooist's paradise and can easily accommodate more artists?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Coney Island.
4. What does Cy decide he needs while looking at the design on paper that Grace hands him?
(a) Advice from Arturas.
(b) Advice from Claudia.
(c) Grace there to explain it.
(d) A strong drink.
5. What is in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn?
(a) Cy's girlfriend's apartment.
(b) Cy's apartment.
(c) Monty's place.
(d) The licensing agency for tattoo artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Claudia obsessed?
2. With what does Grace need help?
3. What happens on Cy's 65th birthday?
4. By what is Grace hypnotized?
5. What is the first touch between Cy and Grace like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the light in Brooklyn?
2. How does Cy compare Coney Island to Morecambe?
3. Why do you think Cy returns to Pedder Street in Morecambe?
4. When Grace is out of the hospital and visits Cy, how is her body described and how does Cy respond?
5. How are tattooists looked at in Coney Island?
6. How does Claudia become to have so many tattoos and to what does that lead Artura and Claudia?
7. Why does Cy stay open on rainy days and describe one such day.
8. What does Cy think he sees in a neighboring apartment that makes him question his sanity?
9. How had Grace come to be known by some many so that perhaps Sedak knows of her and judges her?
10. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)