|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Cy never married?
(a) He doesn't know why.
(b) He decides women are too much trouble.
(c) He is still waiting for the right woman.
(d) He still loves Grace.
2. What is a tattooist's paradise and can easily accommodate more artists?
(c) Coney Island.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Where do Claudia and Arturas decide to move and work?
(b) The Pacific Northwest.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) The California beaches.
4. With what is Coney Island drunk?
(a) With the idea of freedom to be.
(b) With life.
(c) With vulgarity, surrealism and pure stimulation.
(d) With youth.
5. What is Grace doing as Cy is finishing with the soldier?
(a) Browsing through a book of flash.
(b) Suggesting appropriate tattoos for each soldier.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Flirting with the other soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonesy think is keeping the ladies away from Cy?
2. What hums perpetually, eliciting screams?
3. What do the police think about Henry's story?
4. About what do the soldiers clown around with Grace?
5. What is the poor man's illustrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last image in the book and what you think is its meaning.
2. How does Grace send Eva's ghost packing?
3. What is the story Henry gives about what happens at the asylum and do the police believe him?
4. What are the sexual images Cy has of mermaids?
5. What does Cy think he sees in a neighboring apartment that makes him question his sanity?
6. How had Grace come to be known by some many so that perhaps Sedak knows of her and judges her?
7. What gives a possible hint to a terrible secret in Grace's past?
8. How does Cy remember Grace?
9. Describe the first few days that Cy spends at the hospital.
10. Do you think Sedak deserves what they do to him?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)