|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Salvaging Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
(a) Morecambe's quicksand pools.
(b) The strange riptides.
(c) The strange illnesses brought in through the port.
(d) The local pickpocket.
2. What is Muriel's occupation?
(a) A circus performer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A respected electrotherapist.
(d) A nurse.
3. What does Cy not know?
(a) That his mother plans to get an abortion.
(b) That his mother is pregnant.
(c) That abortionists can be jailed.
(d) That his father is really alive.
4. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
(a) By closing school for the day.
(b) By fireworks.
(c) With a prayer meeting.
(d) With a carnival.
5. What does Cy discover on Riley's body?
(a) No tattoos.
(b) A tribute tattooed to Reeda.
(c) Fitting verses tattooed on Riley's right sole.
(d) A tattoo for every year of Riley's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Riley say that Cy needs to comfort customers?
2. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
3. For what does Cy use the last of Reeda's money?
4. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
5. With whom does Cy fall in love?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)