|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Salvaging Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do women trust Riley?
(a) His equipment is sterile and his hard-drinking habits do not enter his studio.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He greatly respects women.
(d) He is homosexual.
2. Who does Cy recognize?
(a) A woman who used to live at the boarding house.
(b) Reeba's helper.
(c) A man down the street as the thief who stole his bike.
(d) A policeman who accepts bribes from his mother.
3. Where does Riley want to be buried?
(a) At sea.
(b) In his homeland of Russia.
(c) He wants to be cremated.
(d) At the hillside cemetary.
4. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
(a) The strange riptides.
(b) The local pickpocket.
(c) Morecambe's quicksand pools.
(d) The strange illnesses brought in through the port.
5. What does Cy observe in other people's eyes?
(a) A hunger for simpler times.
(b) A strange new glow as they find ways to work through pain.
(c) A despondency.
(d) A anger at the war's toll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Riley accept?
2. When Cy arrives home eyes glazed and gait obstructed, what does Reeda assume?
3. Why does Cy climb a building?
4. How does Morecambe celebrate the coming armistice?
5. What is a distinct favorite of Cy and his friends?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)