|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Kaiser and the Queen of Morecambe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does fine-line hatching do?
(a) Creates a wavy image.
(b) Tricks the eye into seeing three dimensions.
(c) Causes scar tissue.
(d) Causes much blood loss.
2. Where is Cy's father?
(a) He was lost years ago at sea.
(b) He is in America working to bring them over.
(c) He is at war in Germany.
(d) He is at work at the docks.
3. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Aunt Dorthey.
(b) Cy's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Doris.
(d) Aunt June.
4. Where do the summer crowds gather?
(a) Around the lake in the park.
(b) In the movie theaters.
(c) In the town's pavilions.
(d) At two local pubs.
5. What is an accurate description of the Ladies of Leeds?
(a) Kind, well-dressed, close-knit.
(b) Hard-faced, bad-mouthed women.
(c) Ugly spinsters.
(d) Lovely airheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Riley offering Cy an apprenticeship?
2. What does Riley admire about Cy?
3. Upon what does the town council frown?
4. Why does Cy's mother board these "guests"?
5. For what do the boys use Muriel's equipment?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)