|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Kaiser and the Queen of Morecambe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cy observe in other people's eyes?
(a) A despondency.
(b) A anger at the war's toll.
(c) A hunger for simpler times.
(d) A strange new glow as they find ways to work through pain.
2. What can Riley accept?
(a) Cy's need for a girlfriend.
(b) Horror, sin, evil and lunacy as truth on a par with the love of God and beatific goodness.
(c) Riley's need for alcohol.
(d) Cy's need to care for his mother.
3. What does Cy realize about life?
(a) That it can be messy and cruel.
(b) That it is never wonderful.
(c) That he is old enough to understand the vagaries of life.
(d) That it is always wonderful.
4. Who comes to help Cy's mother die?
(a) Cy's grandmother.
(b) Aunt Dorthey.
(c) Aunt Doris.
(d) Aunt June.
5. What do Cy, Jonty and Morris seek?
(a) After school employment.
(b) A way to get to the far coast.
(c) New ways to escape the town council's rules.
(d) A way to sell their inventions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regularly claims victims among children and tourists?
2. What amazes Cy?
3. With what does Cy decide he needs help?
4. Why does Cy wish his eyes could lie?
5. Upon what does the town council frown?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)