|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Kaiser and the Queen of Morecambe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cy realize about life?
(a) That it is always wonderful.
(b) That it can be messy and cruel.
(c) That he is old enough to understand the vagaries of life.
(d) That it is never wonderful.
2. Where does Cy work?
(a) In a bakery.
(b) In a print shop in the afternoons.
(c) In a blacksmith shop.
(d) At the stables.
3. From what does Cy avert his eyes?
(a) From his father's ash urn.
(b) From the ice cream peddler down the street.
(c) From the neighbor's wife who is always naked.
(d) From sick people coughing into basins.
4. What can Riley accept?
(a) Riley's need for alcohol.
(b) Cy's need to care for his mother.
(c) Cy's need for a girlfriend.
(d) Horror, sin, evil and lunacy as truth on a par with the love of God and beatific goodness.
5. Where do Cy and his friends go to watch an effigy of "Kaiser Bill" burn?
(a) Pastuer Blvd.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Market Square.
(d) Pedder Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cy wish his eyes could lie?
2. How does Cy respond to what he sees in the basin?
3. What happens when Cy breaks the glass?
4. When Cy arrives home eyes glazed and gait obstructed, what does Reeda assume?
5. What does Cy hear through the window of the building he climbs?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)