|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to permanent estrangement between Elliott and Anna?
(a) Elliott's desire to spend money.
(b) Elliott's gambling.
(c) Elliott's drinking and womanizing.
(d) Elliott's travelling and being away from his family.
2. How does Anna die?
(a) From scarlet fever.
(b) From suicide.
(c) From swine flue.
(d) From diphtheria.
3. With what does Anna struggle?
(a) Her own sense of loneliness and depression.
(b) Her love for her husband.
(c) Her financial woes.
(d) Her ability to raise her children on her own.
4. Why does Eleanor feel this way?
(a) She detests her mother-in-law.
(b) She is busy taking care of her family and all the events that take place at these homes.
(c) She enjoys the time with her family.
(d) The homes do not accommodate Eleanor's entrance into the lives of Sara and Franklin.
5. For Eleanor, what does World War I do?
(a) It puts a stop to her progressive ideas.
(b) It causes many Americans to try to climb the social ladder.
(c) It discourages Eleanor.
(d) It alters life in the United States and renders the social climbing lifestyle of her relatives irrelevant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor and Franklin's eighth wedding anniversary in 1913 is noted not for romantic overtures but for what?
2. What does Eleanor remember during this period of her life?
3. What does Sara not take into consideration?
4. What does Eleanor's presence on the campaign tour do?
5. Where does Eleanor attend school?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)