|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
(a) He is shot in a bar.
(b) He spends his inheritance.
(c) Complications from alcoholism.
(d) He begs Eleanor's grandmother to let him move in.
2. Eleanor and Franklin's eighth wedding anniversary in 1913 is noted not for romantic overtures but for what?
(a) The birth of another child.
(b) The death of Sara Roosevelt.
(c) The Stock Market Crash.
(d) Franklin's appointment as the Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
3. Why must Eleanor attend these social events?
(a) All of her friends attend these events.
(b) She wants to attend these events.
(c) Every girl in New York attends these events.
(d) They are necessary for a young woman of her position in one of New York's finest families.
4. Of what does Sara approve of Eleanor?
(a) Her love for Franklin.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her social standing.
5. Describe Anna's personality.
(a) Cold and unfeeling.
(b) Willful and independent.
(c) Sickly and tired.
(d) Obedient and socially compliant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does she adapt to this school?
2. Who does Franklin hire to be his career strategist?
3. What does Sara completely take over?
4. In what does Elliott encourage Eleanor?
5. For how long does she study at this school?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)