|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the two brothers feel about one another?
(a) They are very distant.
(b) They are jealous of each other.
(c) They are extremely fond of each other.
(d) They dislike each other.
2. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
(a) To France.
(b) To Hawaii.
(c) Around the world.
3. How does Eleanor establish an altruistic platform of her own?
(a) She does what her husband asks her to do.
(b) She donates much of her wealth to charities.
(c) She reaches out into the community to serve the less fortunate.
(d) She is kind to everyone.
4. Why does Eleanor have her first experience at a Democratic National Convention?
(a) She has decided to run for office as a Democrat.
(b) Franklin declares his support of Woodrow Wilson over President Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) She travels with the wives of other political leaders.
(d) Franklin decides to become a Democrat.
5. What makes the Roosevelts one of Washington's most dynamic couples?
(a) Their wealth and prestige.
(b) Their youth, wealth, and energy.
(c) Their commanding presence.
(d) Their intelligence and outgoing personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is short-lived in Eleanor's life, after her mother's death?
2. Who gives away the bride?
3. To what is Elliott addicted?
4. Why does Eleanor agree to let Franklin attend parties?
5. When visiting the family homes in Hyde Park, New York, and Campobello in New Brunswick, Canada, how does Eleanor feel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)