Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to permanent estrangement between Elliott and Anna?
(a) Elliott's gambling.
(b) Elliott's travelling and being away from his family.
(c) Elliott's drinking and womanizing.
(d) Elliott's desire to spend money.
2. Of what does Eleanor's relationship with her beloved father consist?
(a) Frequent visits.
(b) Phone calls and e-mails.
(c) Brief letters.
(d) Brief visits and lyrical letters.
3. What is Eleanor Roosevelt's heritage?
(a) One of privilege and wealth.
(b) One of upper middle class wealth.
(c) One of middle class mediocrity.
(d) One of poverty and loneliness.
4. To what is Elliott addicted?
(a) Opiates and alcohol.
5. Describe Eleanor's personality.
(a) Angry and depressed.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) Sickly and tired.
(d) Willful and independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Anna struggle?
2. What is ironic about this living arrangement?
3. What happens early in Anna and Elliot's marriage?
4. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
5. For how long does she study at this school?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)