|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
(b) To France.
(c) Around the world.
(d) To Hawaii.
2. What is Eleanor's stance?
(a) Poverty and injustice are the real threats to America, not necessarily Communism.
(b) Only the wealthy have the right to make decisions.
(c) Communism is the biggest threat to America.
(d) Private schools provide the best educations.
3. In the immediate aftermath of World War I, what happens to the Women's Suffrage Movement?
(a) Interest in it declines.
(b) It rises to prominence.
(c) It serves no purpose.
(d) It is ended.
4. For what does Eleanor lobby?
(b) A reduced work week of forty-eight hours for women working outside the home.
(c) Better schools.
(d) Better pay for working women.
5. How does Eleanor view education?
(a) As the perfect platform from which to instruct young women not only about history and current events, but also how they can alter their futures by becoming involved in social and political arenas.
(b) As something that is not adequate for training women.
(c) As the perfect platform from which to instruct young men in the ways of the world.
(d) As something in which women should not take part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
2. What is the only rule that Eleanor abides by now?
3. Why do women pursue politics?
4. During the autumn of the year, Eleanor resumes her Washington life and enters a satisfying period of promoting women's rights, second only to what?
5. What earns Eleanor the respect of those around her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)