|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one issue that Eleanor's efforts are directed toward?
(a) Racial equality.
(b) Providing more private education.
(c) Ending the public school system.
(d) Protecting the wealthy.
2. What does Eleanor do when Franklin drinks and smokes too late into the night?
(a) She moves out.
(b) She monitors his behavior.
(c) She joins him.
(d) She distances herself during these times.
3. When is Eleanor's long-standing membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution challenged?
(a) When the organization takes an anti-radical position on education and books.
(b) When the organization becomes racial segregated.
(c) When the organization decides she is too conservative.
(d) When the organization takes a radical position on education and books.
4. What forges a new political bond with Eleanor?
(a) Franklin's campaign for a New York Senate seat.
(b) Franklin's campaign for President of the United States.
(c) Franklin's campaign for Governor of New York.
(d) Franklin's campaign for Vice President of the United States.
5. What does Eleanor's presence on the campaign tour do?
(a) It begins rumors of the couple's divorce.
(b) It squelches rumors of the couple's divorce.
(c) It confuses people who do not know her.
(d) It encourages voters to listen to Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara even locate while the couple is away?
2. What is Eleanor's stance?
3. Why does Eleanor suffer through an endless whirl of balls and social events?
4. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
5. Where does Eleanor find comfort here?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)