|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara act when the couple's children are born?
(a) She finally allows Eleanor to make some decisions.
(b) She becomes even more controlling.
(c) She continues to intervene and make decisions for the couple.
(d) She completely allows Eleanor to take over.
2. According to Eleanor, why do men pursue politics?
(a) To gain in wealth.
(b) To help others.
(c) For career advancement.
(d) To become popular.
3. How does Eleanor view education?
(a) As something in which women should not take part.
(b) As something that is not adequate for training women.
(c) As the perfect platform from which to instruct young men in the ways of the world.
(d) As the perfect platform from which to instruct young women not only about history and current events, but also how they can alter their futures by becoming involved in social and political arenas.
4. To whom does Eleanor leave much of the daily operations of the Governor's Mansion?
(a) Lorena Hickok.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Missy LeHand.
5. In the immediate aftermath of World War I, what happens to the Women's Suffrage Movement?
(a) It is ended.
(b) It rises to prominence.
(c) It serves no purpose.
(d) Interest in it declines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor's initiatives in the areas of women and children's issues also include what?
2. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
3. What forges a new political bond with Eleanor?
4. During the summer of 1919, where does Eleanor reside?
5. What does Eleanor do when Franklin drinks and smokes too late into the night?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)